Options

The "Live Concert CD" Thread

LMLM Posts: 63,511
Forum Member
✭✭
Does anyone here like any Live concert cds?

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok i'll start

I love Beyonce's one she did in Vegas at the Wynn theatre. I love the stripped down and jazz vibe to it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    Usually not - i tried beyonce's tour and most of it is her singing a line then the audience singing a line - I don't want to hear the audience I've paid to hear her!
  • Options
    SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    I went to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers in Hyde Park in 2005. Soon after that, the live album came out which I got on the first day it was out. After 2 weeks, I stupidly lent it to my sister, and it returned 2 months later, with both discs too scratched to play!

I still haven't forgiven her!
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Yeah. These are the ones I have

The Final RIOT! - Paramore
    Bullet In A Bible - Green Day
    Stripped Live In The UK - Christina Aguilera
    Back To Basics Live In Australia - Christina Aguilera
    Live From Las Vegas - Britney Spears
  • Options
    MissAyrshireMissAyrshire Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Who - Live At Leeds
    The Charlatans - Live It Like You Love It
    Abba - Live
    Dolly Parton - Live From London
    Coldplay - Live 2003
    Madonna - I'm Going To Tell You A Secret
    Madonna - The Confessions Tour
    Madonna - Sticky & Sweet Tour
    Oasis - Swedish Radio 1994
    Sheryl Crow & Friends - Live From Central Park
  • Options
    cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judas Priest - Unleashed In The East
    Metallica - S&M
    Iron Maiden - Live After Death
    Whitesnake - Live In the Shadow Of The Blues

and I adore

Danger Danger - Live & Nude but I'm probably on my own with that one!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hope Gaga does one for Monsters ball or at least in the future

Quite an oldie but it's a classic. Judy Garland: Live at carnegie hall. Amazing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Usually not - i tried beyonce's tour and most of it is her singing a line then the audience singing a line - I don't want to hear the audience I've paid to hear her!

that's actually one of my biggest pet hates when it comes to concerts, and beyonce's unfortunately the worst one for it.

it just seems so lazy, getting the audience to do the work for you? and seems really egotistical, getting the audience to serenade you with your own song while standing there lapping it up.

having said that, beyonce only does it on 'irreplaceable' on the 'i am' live tour cd. all the other songs are pretty amazing, and she actually manages to sing them herself lol.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    that's actually one of my biggest pet hates when it comes to concerts, and beyonce's unfortunately the worst one for it.

it just seems so lazy, getting the audience to do the work for you? and seems really egotistical, getting the audience to serenade you with your own song while standing there lapping it up.

having said that, beyonce only does it on 'irreplaceable' on the 'i am' live tour cd. all the other songs are pretty amazing, and she actually manages to sing them herself lol.

I like interaction with the crowd. Especially if I'm in the audience. I'd be disappointed if a band or artist I'd paid to see didn't do that at some point throughout the show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    I like interaction with the crowd. Especially if I'm in the audience. I'd be disappointed if a band or artist I'd paid to see didn't do that at some point throughout the show.

i like interaction in the form of chatting, personal stories, joking with the audience so it feels like you're friends etc.

i don't like not getting to hear the artist sing their songs because they need an ego trip from getting the audience to do the work for them.

'i sing one line and you guys sing it back to me' type interaction is fine, but on 'irreplaceable' beyonce get's the audience to sing the first half, therefore effectively robbing them of the experience of her singing t.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna - Sticky & Sweet Tour (DVD and Blu Ray as well as CD)
    Madonna - The Confessions Tour (CD/DVD)
    Madonna - Im going To Tell You A Secret (CD/DVD)
    Madonna - Drowned World Tour (DVD)
    Madonna - The girlie Show (DVD)
    Britney Spears - Live In Las Vegas (DVD)
    Christina Aguilera - Stripped Live in London (DVD)
    Christina Aguilera - Back To Basics Live Down Under (DVD)
    Judy garland - Live At Carnegie Hall (CD)

Want Beyonces last tour on DVD CD methinks and also Kylies Aphrodite when out :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, i need to buy Beyonce's last tour on dvd at some point. It's been on my wishlist since it came out.

Yay Josh, you like that Judy garland live vd. No one i know even knows what it is. I am very much stuck in the olden days a lot this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, i need to buy Beyonce's last tour on dvd at some point. It's been on my wishlist since it came out.

Yay Josh, you like that Judy garland live vd. No one i know even knows what it is. I am very much stuck in the olden days a lot this year.

The people you know you should fire out of a cannon it is immense.

I am a massive Judy fan! I should be gay but hey!.....only half way there ;):cool: BUT she is such a legend just wish there were a DVD of it live of her performing. I am such a fan of her films :) Love her voice too! Poor lady :( But damn that concert you can HEAR yourself being there cant you? She was and is MASSIVE!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judy garland is amazing. There should be a dvd. It's an amazing live cd. Yes, i adore her films. I agree, i feel like i am there. The way she talks to the audience is amazing. I don't think she realized what a laugh she is.
  • Options
    kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not really a fan of these, I just don't like listening to the crowd noise. I'd make an exception for Girls Aloud though - I keep meaning to get their Out Of Control tour DVD/CD, its got a nice cover of Womanizer on it. But that's the only reason I'd bother with a concert CD - if it had a track on it which you couldn't get a studio version of.

I remember listening to this CD a while back, and this drove me mad! Its my biggest pet hate when it comes to Beyonce. You'd think seeing as the audio was being recorded, she could at least sing the full songs, just for one night!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talking Heads Stop Making Sense is a really good live album I prefer the live versions to the album versions on there :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You guys should check out this website

www.concertlive.co.uk

Some of the ones I have are

Eels - Live at the town hall
    Eels - Oh waht a beutiful morining
    Eels - Electro Shock Blues Show
    Eels - Live in Amsterdam (unofficial bootleg)
    Eels - Live and in person
    Eels - The Black Sessions (french radio show)

Can anyone spot a theme here..........
  • Options
    jenbugjenbug Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Can't spot any kind of theme at all ;)

Sugarland's Live On The Inside and Brad Paisley's Hits Alive CD2 are always on in my car, although both are composites recorded from various venues.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best place to get live bootleg (unauthorised) CD's are record fairs.

Be warned, the sound quality varies considerably, always aske the person selling it if you can listen to it, they normally have a CD player near by.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judy garland is amazing. There should be a dvd. It's an amazing live cd. Yes, i adore her films. I agree, i feel like i am there. The way she talks to the audience is amazing. I don't think she realized what a laugh she is.

Thats what i loved about her she was so vibrant and hilarious! And true i have no idea what she thought of herself though :( which is so so sad!
    I mean i saw Summer Stock the other day "get happy" such an amazing film and so fun but she filmed it at such a low point in her life :( You could never tell!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was shocked when i read about her death. I never did much detail into her but i did a little while ago and i assumed she died of old age. But of an overdose at the age of 47? Just such a shame.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take That - The Circus
    Linkin Park - Live in Texas
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cat666 wrote: »
    Judas Priest - Unleashed In The East
    LOL.. Also known as Unleashed in The Studio :p

UFO - Strangers In The Night
    AC/DC - If You Want Blood..
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I Have

Queen:Live Killers/On Fire Live at the Bowl and Live at Wembley

Status Quo: Live, Live at The Nec

Deep Purple: Made In Japan, Live in London

Pink Floyd: Delicate Sound Of Thunder, Pulse

David Gilmour: Live In Gdansk

Thin Lizzy: Live and Dangerous

Led Zeppelin: How The West Was Won

All of these are excellent and I often play them rather than the studio albums.
  • Options
    Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Microkorg wrote: »
    LOL.. Also known as Unleashed in The Studio :p

UFO - Strangers In The Night
    AC/DC - If You Want Blood..

It was indeed! ;)

Got to agree with Stranger In The Night too, although I've always preferred Live at Atlantic Studios to If You Want Blood.

My all-time favourite live album will always be...

Hawkwind - Space Ritual

I just love that album, Lemmy's bass and Simon King's drumming are truly remarkable.