'I thought you were gay?!'

2»

Comments

• Options
    ontheloop54ontheloop54 Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Swipe wrote: »
    Summary: The OP was hoping to get into this guy's Y fronts and is now a bit miffed that he's straight :)

Nah, he's not my type...too camp :D
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,991
    Forum Member
    My boyfriend seems to get it quite a lot, he is slightly camp so people do assume he is gay. I've never said 'oh I thought you were gay' or something similar to anybody though.
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    Don't assume anything ever.

I've seen people I thought were gay turned out to be straight and people I thought were straight turn out to be gay.

And of course people who have protested they are straight to everyone, I've ended up in bed with.

If there is such a thing as gaydar, then mine was broken when it come out the factory.

So it's best to keep your mouth shut and wait and find out as removing your foot can be painful.
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    Swipe wrote: »
    Summary: The OP was hoping to get into this guy's Y fronts and is now a bit miffed that he's straight :)

T-Shirts! T-Shirts! Get your T-Shirts here! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If someone is "single" for a long time it's often because they're secretly having an affair with someone married. Doesn't that happen so much any more?
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Me and a mate went out for dinner after a day out and the waitress thought we were going on a dinner date and asked if we wanted a candle.

Similar happened to me when I was at a restaurant with my brother. The waitress said we made a lovely couple. :D I have no idea if it was a themed night (couples night maybe) or what, and no idea why she assumed we were a couple. :)
  • Options
    comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never assume.

it makes an ass... mmmmmmmmm, ass!
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    I've worked with a couple of chaps over the years who were pretty effeminate, and in both cases I immediately assumed they were gay.

Turns out I was completely wrong in both cases, as each was 100% straight.

I've also known a few gay men who you would never imagine were gay. One was a football hooligan.
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave3622 wrote: »
    I've known two people in my life who I was convinced were gay. They were both good friends at different times of my life and neither had girlfriends. My first real friend actually went out of his way to avoid girls - he was very good looking and we were 'close' during our teenage years. Both are now married with kids and I am no longer in contact with them.

An interesting point is both these people have extremely homophobic parents. The mate who I was 'close' to was an only child and his parents despised gay people. Poor lad.

wasn't Oscar Wilde married with children? Don't think that really means anything