2015 celebrities - Who do we think?

Comments

• HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,696
    Forum Member
    I wonder which, if any, scripted reality TV star they'll select this year?

I'd quite like to see Chloe Sims or Lewis Bloor from TOWIE chosen if one is gonna be chosen.

Other random names,Judy finnigan, Olympic diver Chris Mears, Danny Mac of Hollyoaks fame,If were going to have another Eastenders star then I'd prefer it was someone who's left the show or doesn't play a main character,How about say Nina Wadia,Luisa Bradshaw White,Tameka Employ or Jo Joyner?

Other random names,Susie Dent of Countdown fame,Jason Donovan,Jack Donnolly From bbc show Atlantis
  • jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'd quite like to see Chloe Sims or Lewis Bloor from TOWIE chosen if one is gonna be chosen.

Other random names,Judy finnigan, Olympic diver Chris Mears, Danny Mac of Hollyoaks fame,If were going to have another Eastenders star then I'd prefer it was someone who's left the show or doesn't play a main character,How about say Nina Wadia,Luisa Bradshaw White,Tameka Employ or Jo Joyner?

Other random names,Susie Dent of Countdown fame,Jason Donovan,Jack Donnolly From bbc show Atlantis

Jason took part in the ninth series in 2011. He was partnered with Kristina Rihanoff and finished in third place. Here is their amazing Argentine Tango:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-Z3byLVu1g
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt Judy Finnigan would do Strictly, hasn't she had health problems over the last few years? Richard Madeley is a name that seems to crop up year and year though, and I'm sure their daughter would be delighted to do Strictly if asked... which I hope she isn't. Like them or dislike them, at least Richard and Judy have reason to be regarded as celebs. Their daughter, not so much.
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm hoping they steer away from scripted reality 'TV stars' as is it's this kind of signing that's spoiling the show for me. I mean, despite the monumental efforts of the producers Mark Wright didn't prove to be very popular last series and this was in a year where they were favouring the males. I'm glad people saw through the dull scripted storyline the producers gave him on strictly and I really don't want another rerun of 'me nerves, me nans etc' and a contestant sobbing and banging on about how they've never danced before about a trillion times. I especially don't want to see anyone from TOWIE. I'm from Essex and to me that show is a disgrace. If they do go for a 'reality TV star' again then I expect as before that person will need to have a famous connection that they're prepared to let name drop about a million times.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    memmh wrote: »
    I doubt Judy Finnigan would do Strictly, hasn't she had health problems over the last few years? Richard Madeley is a name that seems to crop up year and year though, and I'm sure their daughter would be delighted to do Strictly if asked... which I hope she isn't. Like them or dislike them, at least Richard and Judy have reason to be regarded as celebs. Their daughter, not so much.

Richard Madely was apparently due to do series 8 but pulled out and was replaced by Matt Baker.

I agree about Chloe and I'm hoping the fact she's done DOI and now that sking show will mean the producers will pass her over and also as you say she's not really a 'celeb'.......although apparently she does take a lot of revealing selfies and puts them up on Twitter.......apparently that's enough to make you a 'celebrity' these days.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would love to see Zayn do the show...with him announcing his departure from, 1 direction, the timing couldn't be more perfect But I seriously doubt he'll consider it at this point.

Just for sh**t and giggles, I want to see Katie Hopkins :D:D:D....however, I don't think the BBC is brave enough to have her on the cast lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    Would love to see Zayn do the show...with him announcing his departure from, 1 direction, the timing couldn't be more perfect But I seriously doubt he'll consider it at this point.

Just for sh**t and giggles, I want to see Katie Hopkins :D:D:D....however, I don't think the BBC is brave enough to have her on the cast lol.

Out of interest what do you find so hilariously funny about someone who goes out of their way to be provocatively nasty? As for the BBC being 'brave' enough to cast Katie on strictly.....well she made her name on a BBC reality show....she's since appeared on other BBC programmes.....for some reason they've also put her on the Question Time panel and as a guest on some BBC radio shows....I never watch or listen long enough to hear what she says because I know how her hate filled schtick runs....so nah it doesn't take bravery to cast her on a BBC show - it just takes a chronic lack of imagination.

I agree with you about Zayn though - I would love to see him on strictly but as you say because of his issues I doubt it'll be this series, but I hope he does consider it in the future. I would love to see him with Janette :D
  • Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,908
    Forum Member
    Other random names, Susie Dent of Countdown fame, Jason Donovan, Jack Donnolly from bbc show Atlantis.

If we keep mentioning her, maybe they'll be forced to ask her. :D
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOl Jason Donovan already did the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    edy10 wrote: »
    LOl Jason Donovan already did the show.

To be fair it is possible that viewers confused Jason with the Vicar of Sinceresville, Earnestshire during his time on the show.
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    fatskia wrote: »
    French born TV presenter Liz Bonnin - 38.
    http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/resources/images/3302039.jpg?htype=0
    Has presented TV shows from scientific to wildlife and been brilliant at all of them.

Yes, I suggested her earlier. Would probably depend if she wants it, as I think that the BBC would immediately sign up such a tropical beauty. She is very brainy (not the maths kinda brainy like the Countdown ladies) and always seems to dress very formal (research :blush:) so I don't know if this would be her thing.

But if she would be signed up, hopefully she gets paired with Tristan (to continue the Irish theme :D).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I suggested her earlier. Would probably depend if she wants it, as I think that the BBC would immediately sign up such a tropical beauty. She is very brainy (not the maths kinda brainy like the Countdown ladies) and always seems to dress very formal (research :blush:) so I don't know if this would be her thing.

But if she would be signed up, hopefully she gets paired with Tristan (to continue the Irish theme :D).

I don't think it does any favours to have like nationalities paired together tbh when that nationality can't vote as quite a few Irish people were complaing on here last year when he was paired with Jennifer...admittedly Jennifer was a mature lady and a dance novice, but part of me thinks she would have been better of with another partner....one of the more established pros like Brendan or Anton.

Tristan looks like he could be a good addition to strictly but to see what he's capable of we do need to see him with a celeb that has a strong fan base.
  • Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,908
    Forum Member
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    Tristan looks like he could be a good addition to strictly but to see what he's capable of we do need to see him with a celeb that has a strong fan base.

What we really need is Tristan with a good technical dancer; it'd be a really different challenge for him to have a celeb who has great technique, because then we'll see whether his choreography skills are strong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monsieur23 wrote: »
    What we really need is Tristan with a good technical dancer; it'd be a really different challenge for him to have a celeb who has great technique, because then we'll see whether his choreography skills are strong.

I agree - it'd be nice to see what he could do with someone younger like a Pixie, Kara or Chelsee...I'm sure that's what his fans want after all mature celebs he's had to partner on DWTS and his first year on strictly.....if they must give him an older celeb again, then someone with dance skills like a Cherie Lunghie or Pamela Stephens.
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes - Liz is intelligent and talks with great clarity so is a very good presenter. She has mostly worked for the BBC since late 2013.

I haven't seen anything to suggest she might be able to dance and she isn't an extrovert, so I wouldn't expect her to be a contender to win. She seems sociable and likeable so that may be her way to do well on Strictly.

You are right that despite being pretty, she doesn't seem to go for a glamorous look, so Strictly would be out of her comfort zone, but she seems someone who would be very adaptable.

This is about as 'Strictly' a photo as I can find of her.
    http://images.tvrage.com/people_galleries/52/155213/47772.jpg
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    Could Dermot do it now he's been sacked?
  • SandsssSandsss Posts: 3,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would be great if BBC snatched up Dermot for the new series.
  • Andrew_MAndrew_M Posts: 499
    Forum Member
    I was just wondering what the earliest rumours that turned out to be true were released last year? Just thinking it may give an indication of some reliable rumours this year
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    Andrew_M wrote: »
    I was just wondering what the earliest rumours that turned out to be true were released last year? Just thinking it may give an indication of some reliable rumours this year

Frankie was rumoured in the November of the previous year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrew_M wrote: »

Judy Murray was rumoured early last year.

Mark Wright was also rumoured on and off during last year. He was actually rumoured the year before too......but I think that was more down to him and his PR rather than 'insider' BBC sources.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    Angie Best, ex-model and ex of George Best, is in apparently: http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/strictly-come-dancing-angie-best-5421172
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angie Best, ex-model and ex of George Best, is in apparently: http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/strictly-come-dancing-angie-best-5421172

...and aunt of Samantha Womack, off of 'Enders.

If Angie Best is in the next line-up, hopefully she will be more of a Pamela Stephenson, rather than a Judy Murray.
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Good grief.
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good grief.
    Well said!
  • bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zayn is signed to Syco - so no way