Vivitar & IT Works Cameras

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,077
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So looking for something cheap to throw in my pocket when I go out on nights out. I have a decent camera for general use.

Anyway, I've seen Vivitar and IT Works ones knocking around for cheap and I'd imagine they're crap, but just wondering if anyone has used them.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ones around £40? basically, they are crap.

For not a lot more, around £50-£60, you can get the base model Kodak, which although it's not great, it's a damn sight better than these.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    Telly_Man wrote:
    The ones around £40? basically, they are crap.
    Below are some macro shots with my crappy vivitar 3935 and the lower tv and deer photo are with a super crap 3755,these cameras cost £108 in total - new and unused last year.

They are Heavy on batteries but I'm reasonably conversant in their use and I switch off the display as soon as possible after power up, recently I managed 97 frames - 640x480 fine 2x2500 Ni-Mh in the 3935.

Zhaolu23-4-2006343.jpg

Zhaolu23-4-2006446.jpg

DAC1543560.jpg

DAC1543273.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm yeah Im not too fond of them, was looking at some of these though;

Kodak C330 - £70
    HP Photosmart M22 - £75

Anyone used these and can let me know what they're like? (By tomorrow if possible)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The M22 is VERY good for the price.

Would go for it over the Kodak anyday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mooched round and its got so-so reviews, but its hard to tell if its so-so compared to all cameras (in which case that should be expected) or in its P&S class.
  • MrWhipsterMrWhipster Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    What about looking on Ebay for something that in its day was a good camera. Something about a year old. Maybe a Casio QVR50 or 60. They are nice cameras and can be picked up quite cheaply.