Options

Michael Ball!

CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
Forum Member
✭✭
Michael has just appeared on It Takes Two and i have to comment as i am worried about him. I know he is a larger man but he now looks morbidly obese, does anyone know what is going on because he looks bloody awful :confused:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,113
    Forum Member
    He had to put on a fair bit of weight for his role in Hairspray (in addition to wearing a fat suit every night), which he is reprising next year, which might explain his appearance.
  • Options
    Yorkie47Yorkie47 Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's actually lost weight! He has said on his radio show that he is currently trying to get rid of some more weight. However, I doubt whether he'll ever be slim. I would not call him obese though and certainly far from morbidly obese. He is significantly overweight but then there are plenty of us who commit the "crime" of being overweight. Personally I'm awaiting the long arm of the law because I reckon that soon it will be an arrestable offence!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I call him "Liberace" as he is starting to look like him.....
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RacerWelsh wrote: »
    I call him "Liberace" as he is starting to look like him.....

Has he got a brother caled George?:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Michael had certainly lost weight earlier this year, but he seems to be looking bigger on his recent TV appearances than he was on his tour. Television is said to make people look bigger though.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he's had an ongoing battle with his weight for years.

I'm sure he even had lipo back in the early 1990s.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's lost weight recently. He's almost back to how he looked in the mid-90s although he'll never be svelte.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marvola45 wrote: »
    I think he's lost weight recently. He's almost back to how he looked in the mid-90s although he'll never be svelte.

no way is he anything like he was in the mid 90s if you saw him last night on ITT you would be shocked his face is so bloated and it saddened me thats why i thought maybe he is ill
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he struggles with his weight. It can't be easy when he's having to gain and then lose weight for theatre roles as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Camino wrote: »
    no way is he anything like he was in the mid 90s if you saw him last night on ITT you would be shocked his face is so bloated and it saddened me thats why i thought maybe he is ill

He was much heavier last year. I was kind of pleasantly surprised to see him last night on ITT because he looked almost like himself again.
  • Options
    STEVE 03STEVE 03 Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    Michael Ball appeared on the National Lottery a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't believe how much bigger he is now, as I hadn't seen him on TV in years. He isn't obese though, far from it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    Looked ok to me on tv today. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he's on The Wright Show now and doesnt look as huge as he did on IIT but the desk is covering most of his body.
  • Options
    Yorkie47Yorkie47 Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was on Titchmarsh yesterday and seemed to have lost a little more weight. Also he sang beautifully (and didn't mime either).

He won't look like he did in the 90s, after all, he is now 47 years old. I don't think there's anything wrong with him health-wise though. I saw him on his recent tour and he was looking fit as a fiddle.