Options

Maniac Cop

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,368
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hey guys,
Bought the Arrow films Blu Ray release of Maniac Cop and i gotta say, for my first Arrow release its very well produced .

you get a slip case with 4 covers (Reversible) and a booklet as well as a poster.
as for the the movie its self well i hadnt seen it since the early 90s,
(it was always one i saw in the video shop and wanted to get but my dad wouldn't coz it was 18) :cry:
but watching it last night it was just as i remember it, a fun scary slasher. love Bruce Campbell in it too.
i love the 80s films where the detectives are smoking whilst interviewing etc.. its those touches you don't get anymore
with docs on the disc too its a worthwhile package for 8quid

anyone recommend any other decent arrow releases?
Demons maybe?

Comments

• Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when SKY first launched in the UK & this film was on an almost constant loop on Sky Movies back then.
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember this film. Watched it a few times when I was a kid.

There was a Maniac Cop 2 as well wasn't there?
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, I remember that. For some reason, I never saw the cinema advertising for it, but it was extremely popular when it was on VHS, wasn't it? Posters of Maniac Cop everywhere at video rental shops, which I think you saw as well. I never saw the film, though. Too young and I think I was tired of the whole slasher/vigilante genre by then.

My dad bought Arrow's Blu-ray release of The Exterminator last year or so. I don't know what he thought of it, but he didn't give it away, which I suppose is a good sign?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember this film. Watched it a few times when I was a kid.

There was a Maniac Cop 2 as well wasn't there?

Yeah in 1990 and a Maniac Cop 3 in 1993

not sure what these are like although i know bruce campbell is in the 2nd one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    Oh, I remember that. For some reason, I never saw the cinema advertising for it, but it was extremely popular when it was on VHS, wasn't it? Posters of Maniac Cop everywhere at video rental shops, which I think you saw as well. I never saw the film, though. Too young and I think I was tired of the whole slasher/vigilante genre by then.

My dad bought Arrow's Blu-ray release of The Exterminator last year or so. I don't know what he thought of it, but he didn't give it away, which I suppose is a good sign?

i think thats why i remember it so well, posters everywhere, but yeah i enjoyed it then as a 10/11 year old and enjoyed it last night also.
    ha ha
    ill look into the exterminator cheers
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's a very fun movie, and you actually end up rooting for MC in the end ..... well i do :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »
    it's a very fun movie, and you actually end up rooting for MC in the end ..... well i do :D

cant say i was rooting for him, but i remember first watching it and i wanted him to kill more as i wanted to see his face and you dont really see it fully until the final act of the film.

but i agree, very fun!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just noticed Maniac Cop 2 & 3 is out in US on Blu Ray on 17th Nov..

Tempting....
  • Options
    Shak2005Shak2005 Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it occasionally shows up on the horror channel. Its airing on Friday 1st november. Still havent seen it. will see it this friday finally.

http://www.horrorchannel.co.uk/tv_guide.php?date=2013-11-02&jump=6&section=day
  • Options
    Kayleigh2010Kayleigh2010 Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love this film

You better watch out when you hear that sound it means that the maniac cops around