I'm fed up.....

2»

Comments

• ShedheddShedhedd Posts: 1,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ListedBuzz wrote: »
    It's not the difficulty that that problem, they've said themselves, they don't want inactive forums, nor do they want to be biased, so they'd need to do it properly, as there is no need to do so, they wont.

People can keep asking them to do it, it wont change the fact they've said NO plenty of times.

The subforums wouldn't be inactive though, they'd be as busy as they are on the main page, and how would it make the producers biased by creating a subforum, they'd be no more biased than they are now??

And It will just make it easier for posters to find the topic they want to post on, how can that be a bad thing?
  • ShedheddShedhedd Posts: 1,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ListedBuzz wrote: »
    They don't need to further dilute it, to further peoples laziness.

It's not laziness on the posters part. it's laziness on the forum directors part, and he/she would be sacked if they were on my staff.

How easy would it be to set up subforums within the Soaps forum, I could do it in 10 seconds.
    It would take me maybe another 20 seconds to move all the posts to their relevant subforums, making it easier for my posters to find where they wanted to go.
  • ListedBuzzListedBuzz Posts: 9,042
    Forum Member
    Shedhedd wrote: »
    The subforums wouldn't be inactive though, they'd be as busy as they are on the main page, and how would it make the producers biased by creating a subforum, they'd be no more biased than they are now??

And It will just make it easier for posters to find the topic they want to post on, how can that be a bad thing?

Because certain soaps, Waterloo Road, Casualty/Holby City, Doctors and so on would not be as active as the others, and therefore not warrant a sub forum, but to be unbiased they'd need to give them one, wasting space and so much more.
    Shedhedd wrote: »
    It's not laziness on the posters part. it's laziness on the forum directors part, and he/she would be sacked if they were on my staff.

How easy would it be to set up subforums within the Soaps forum, I could do it in 10 seconds.
    It would take me maybe another 20 seconds to move all the posts to their relevant subforums, making it easier for my posters to find where they wanted to go.

Well they're not, so that's irrelevant. What works for you, doesn't automatically work for everyone.

Nonsense, you could not move all threads, especially with many not being titled the name of the soap in 20 seconds.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,922
    Forum Member
    ^ the waterloo road etc ones could be kept for the main forum and not have a sub-forum
  • ListedBuzzListedBuzz Posts: 9,042
    Forum Member
    ^ the waterloo road etc ones could be kept for the main forum and not have a sub-forum

Then they'd need to do the big four.

EastEnders, Coronation Street, Hollyoaks, and Emmerdale.

but still Emmerdale for example will not have many posts as despite it's popularity it's just not got the fans that come online to talk about it.

It's just not justified to make sub forums, I wish I'd kept the post one of the staff posted to this question before, and despite that, what about the many that post on multiple soaps, how's sub-forums fair on them?
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    funci wrote: »
    of trawling through the forum looking for topics relating to the only two soaps I watch.

Can't the Soaps forum be split into different soaps?

It would make life so much simpler would it not?

I

I don't get why they aren't split either.

If people ask the mods, do they ever do anything like that?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    curlypubes wrote: »
    Will Peggy take a poo on the fire

she would burn her bum :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This ould be a good idea, what with all the Corrie threads regarding the 50th and Live Episode etc.