Forza Horizon

Comments

• darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    I'm really looking forward to this. Forza 4 was brilliant but personally I prefer the open-world experience, so am looking forward to this more.

I've clocked loads of time on the demo. Can't wait although I have to:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a bit of a strange on this. I like Forza, I like TDU, I like DIRT. This plays like a mix of them all and yet I lost interest in Horizon very quickly. It's DIRT like voiceover - 'Hey Dude, theres a race going on over at blah blah...' is annoynig. The event outcomes are scripted (did anyone else just beat the Mustang plane?) and the whole package just feels like a massive cash in to me. If the full game has tons to offer and challenges you then fair enough but my opinions on the demo is this: It's Forza Jim, but not as we know it!
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    It's a bit of a strange on this. I like Forza, I like TDU, I like DIRT. This plays like a mix of them all and yet I lost interest in Horizon very quickly. It's DIRT like voiceover - 'Hey Dude, theres a race going on over at blah blah...' is annoynig. The event outcomes are scripted (did anyone else just beat the Mustang plane?) and the whole package just feels like a massive cash in to me. If the full game has tons to offer and challenges you then fair enough but my opinions on the demo is this: It's Forza Jim, but not as we know it!

It's a demo mate not the full game so I'd hold off on your opinion for the time being as it offers nothing compared to the full package. None of the races are scripted as you put it, you can lose that race with the Mustang quite easily, depends on your difficulty and assists but it is close race, it's supposed to be.

It may not be for everyone but Forza Horizon is a one of kind and the very opposite of a cash-in. It's a game that couldn't exist if built from scratch, imagine how long it would take to develop or how astronomical the budget would be if they set about laser scanning car models, setting them up on a dyno to capture their sound and researching tire physics to the in-depth level as T10 have done with FM4. Because of this it literally has no competition.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey there, I might have a spare code for the LCE preoder which grants you a shiny new Dodge SRT10 with flashy Forza Horizon livery and exclsuive summer events. I'll let you know when I get it and if you're nice to me I'll let you have it for free. :D

LOL Your 75" Samsung LED TV is on it's way m8 lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm assuming this game will have some kind of season pass for it at some point (like Forza 4) I'd probz purchase one as it saves on getting the DLC each month when it launches.
  • smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought the season pass for forza 4 on day one, only to find that half way through, come the december one day sales on live that it was reduced. I was not happy, i hadnt even recieved the full 6 packs and it was already on offer:( Basically i will not be buying any dlc this time round unless it is on offer. Id wait till the xmas reductions.:)
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Downloaded the demo and wasnt blown away or that impressed. I know that a demo is not the full game but a demo is there to also promote the game and gain sales. I wont be parting with my cash i'm afraid.
    Forum Member
    I'm assuming this game will have some kind of season pass for it at some point (like Forza 4) I'd probz purchase one as it saves on getting the DLC each month when it launches.

There is a HUGE DLC plan in place for this game. Some people not happy about it but they're not forced to buy it. I went about the most expensive way to buy all of the DLC in Forza 4 by buying a regular copy and each individual piece every month, then VIP and preorder packs later on. Mind you I don't feel like spending so much money upfront on content that's still a little vague (the season pass for this is real expensive).

As mentioned the season pass and various packs went on offer about mid-way though the pass which is a bit cheeky. For me the DLC was worth every penny though so I can't moan.
    Forum Member
    I have been playing more of the demo, a few things to point out. There is a hidden STM assist on easy setting that directly effects the car's handling and makes thing far less fun. So long as you select medium or above from the menu and adjust your assist afterwards then STM will not be engaged. You can tell if the assist is on if you are using ABS as it will light up when you try to slide the car sideways, even if you're not braking .

I've been playing around with more of the demo and having lots of fun. The free-roam Rivals in the Viper GTS at the dam is the best part of the demo for me, if you go into first person camera and drive around this area then the graphics and sound are photorealistic at times. If you have a TV capable of motion interpolation then it works really nice on this game and gives the illusion of 60fps update. It does make a difference.

The day/night cycle in the demo is also not representative of the full game, it's very short in the demo on purpose, in the full game it takes 40 minutes to cycle.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't the season pass like $50 do around £40 quid for this game lol
    Forum Member
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Isn't the season pass like $50 do around £40 quid for this game lol

Haha even more I believe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shocked at the price you are saying for the dlc, had a quick bing and here is what i found on cvg -

Forza Horizon developer Turn10 has confirmed that its one-time DLC Season Pass purchase will be $49.99 or 4000 MS Points.

Buyers will get six Season Pass-exclusive cars at launch, along with access to six car packs and the major expansion pack recently confirmed for release on December 18. Grabbing the lot will apparently equate to a 17 percent saving over buying everything separately
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    It's a bit of a strange on this. I like Forza, I like TDU, I like DIRT. This plays like a mix of them all and yet I lost interest in Horizon very quickly. It's DIRT like voiceover - 'Hey Dude, theres a race going on over at blah blah...' is annoynig.

I know its only a demo but that is pretty much how I felt about it, the whole "hey dude get on this gnarly race" thing nearly drove me over the edge on Dirt 2 so this would finish me off. I suppose I could play it with the sound down but I like my sound when gaming.
  • gavo360gavo360 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The "major expansion pack" puts up the season pass price up by quite a lot so it should be a good expansion by hopefully being a new map or a new section added to the existing map. If its just new events in the same map then it's a hard sell. I've never bought a season pass and I've always been a fan of forza and never bought any car pack dlc. If the expansion pack looks worth it then I might buy it but have no intrest in paying for extra cars.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have heard that it is a new area added to the current map, maybe a city area?
    Forum Member
    It's definitely a new area but details are sketchy. It sounds like they have something quite special lined up.

I do think it's a bit cheeky having 5 exclusive cars on release day for season pass holders. I'm compulsive about getting my hands on every single car and I'll no doubt get the season pass due to this as I know I'll only end up buying it all anyway. Gonna be an expensive week just for one game (around £100??).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See I hear the 5 cars are the same 5 cars that come with the limited edition VIP (the five preorder cars that is) pass so that is kind of putting me of a little.

Hope I'm wrong though
    Forum Member
    kendoguk wrote: »
    See I hear the 5 cars are the same 5 cars that come with the limited edition VIP (the five preorder cars that is) pass so that is kind of putting me of a little.

Hope I'm wrong though

I see, that would make sense but I thought there were only 4 of the preorder cars?
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,395
    Forum Member
    When will the demo become available no Non-Gold members?
    Forum Member
    When will the demo become available no Non-Gold members?

Should be available today, one week after gold members. I have noticed the usual Tuesday updates haven't occurred but that could be due to the dashboard update.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the Season Pass you get:

1. Expansion Pack: 1600 MSP

2. Launch Day Car pack (5 cars): 400 MSP

3. Exclusive Car Pack (5 cars): 400 MSP

3. Car Packs (6 cars) for Six Months: 400x6 = 2400 MSP

Total = 4800 MSP

Season Pass = 4000 MSP

you save 17%

Think i will leave any dlc till after i have finished the single player, hopefully we will see the season pass on offer over xmas.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is the reward car list, depending on what level you are at on forza 3 or 4 -

The game sees the level you've achieved in Forza 3 or 4, depending on which you have gained the higher level in.

Lvl 1- '11 Cooper S

Lvl 5- '11 Citroen DS3 Racing

Lvl 10- '12 Dodge Charger SRT8

Lvl 15- '69 Camaro SS

Lvl 20- '08 BMW M3 E92

Lvl 30- '12 Jag XKR-S

Lvl 40- '09 Gumpert Apollo S

Lvl 50- '12 Lambo Aventador LP700-4
    Forum Member
    The first Forza Horizon expansion due in December has now been officially announced as the Forza Horizon Rally Expansion Pack.

Delivering an immersive and authentic rally racing experience on the roughest untamed roads of Colorado, the “Forza Horizon Rally Expansion Pack” will offer Horizon players an outstanding off-road racing experience with deeper ruts, higher jumps, and new surface types to explore. Players will experience authentic rally action behind the wheel of rally-tuned cars, complete with co-driver calls, and much more.. [link]

Sounds perfect! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never played forza 4 but got to level 50 on 3 :0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smcbeath wrote: »
    Shocked at the price you are saying for the dlc, had a quick bing and here is what i found on cvg -

Forza Horizon developer Turn10 has confirmed that its one-time DLC Season Pass purchase will be $49.99 or 4000 MS Points.

Buyers will get six Season Pass-exclusive cars at launch, along with access to six car packs and the major expansion pack recently confirmed for release on December 18. Grabbing the lot will apparently equate to a 17 percent saving over buying everything separately

:eek: Jeez. That is expensive for a season pass (although I can't remember how much it was for the SP for Forza 4 nor how many car packs it included). and if they launch as many packs as Forza 4 has then it's gonna cost a fortune to get them all. I didnt get the VIP Pass for Forza as i thought it was just becoming too expensive to keep getting the dlc for it. I see FH being no different.