Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 9)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    Carla changing her name back to Connor isn't actually that far fetched, she grew up on a housing estate where her Mum was a drug pusher, her Step Dad was a scumbag and treated the family badly, her family were looked down by most of the nieghhours. When Carla married Paul and became Carla Connor she reinvented herself and became the person she wanted to be, in her mind Carla Donovan is the unhappy girl she has done everything to move away from while Carla Connor is the person she fought to become, the identity she created for herself. I don't think the association with Paul takes away from that in her mind.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amb5rs17 wrote: »
    .................... her Step Dad ................

I hadn't known that. So it's possible that Rob is her younger half brother (or possibly step brother), and that her original surname wasn't Donovan.
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did I imagine it or did Gail marry the gormless twerp Brian twice? If so, she would be Mrs Gail Potter-Tilsley- Tilsley Platt-Hillman-McIntyre-Rodwell[ and she might want to throw in her disappearing father's surname too, whatever it is? :D

Ted Paige, another character who is hardly ever mentioned, in fact I can't recall the last time he was.
  • Lost TripperLost Tripper Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Continuity has always been poor though.

Continuity should be all important at what they like to call 'Continuing Drama'.
  • Toffee_AppleToffee_Apple Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    stevepjk wrote: »
    Dev stayed on to mind his sick uncle who then died. Which oddly the actor did a year ago whilst on holiday with his brother, who became ill and he stayed to look after him

Ah ok, thanks.
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where has Tony got all this money from ? Is he a secret millionaire or something ? :D
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Carla changing her name back to Connor isn't actually that far fetched, she grew up on a housing estate where her Mum was a drug pusher, her Step Dad was a scumbag and treated the family badly, her family were looked down by most of the nieghhours. When Carla married Paul and became Carla Connor she reinvented herself and became the person she wanted to be, in her mind Carla Donovan is the unhappy girl she has done everything to move away from while Carla Connor is the person she fought to become, the identity she created for herself. I don't think the association with Paul takes away from that in her mind.

But then she went on to say something about no man making her change her name again, which doesnt really make sense if she is taking a man's name again.
    Continuity should be all important at what they like to call 'Continuing Drama'.
    Hear Hear!
    Forum Member
    Where has Tony got all this money from ? Is he a secret millionaire or something ? :D

Oh he is probably friendly with Rita. ;-)
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    chestfield wrote: »
    Nugent? Isn't that the same name as the Press/Public relations bloke? The Corrie rule of keeping it in the street, seems to be extended to keeping it in the family as well.
    David "Thanks for taking great interest in our affairs, we'll continue paying lip service blah blah" Nugent?
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I know but people seem to act like continuity has suddenly become poor in the last decade.
  • cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ted Paige, another character who is hardly ever mentioned, in fact I can't recall the last time he was.

In post #1402 ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member

i keep thinking she be Platt or Tilsley soon..what's Nick surname these days :D
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. I think I'd rather see a doll, than a new born baby who must be at least six months old. That's even more unrealistic.

2. Why should Michelle need to investigate venues? Surely, as a professional wedding planner, she should have details of all of them at her fingertips.

(And I hope the writers realise we're all waiting for September, to check the VW booking.).
  • Ivory LaceIvory Lace Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two things jumped out at me in last night's show:

1. Would you REALLY change a baby's nappy on the dining table?? Where you eat?

2. Lloyd's jacket - is it just me or does it look like its covered in cat hair with a bit of fishing tackle feather stuck in the lapel???

No, not just you! Andrea's jacket wasn't much better!
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    i keep thinking she be Platt or Tilsley soon..what's Nick surname these days :D

He is Tilsley. Nick was never a Platt because Ivy left him some money (or something) on the condition he didn't change his name.
    I don't remember if he ever got it. :D
  • stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    I hope the writers realise we're all waiting for September, to check the VW booking.).

We have the combined memories of a herd of elephants at a Mensa convention
  • bar of soapbar of soap Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Not posted in 'soaps' for a while so forgive me if this has already been discussed - but when Jackson denied paternity of Faye's baby why didn't someone mention a DNA test.

Perhaps we could have a Corrie version Jeremy Kyle.
  • stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy Kylie
  • David1964David1964 Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah Lou came back just to collect her daughter Beth, she loses her job and so her apartment. She's planning on staying with David, he tells her to find a flat in the small ads in the Weatherfiled Echo.
    Does she not need to get back to Italy to empty her flat, tie up loose ends, personal items etc.....
    :confused:

Who's uncle Steven btw?
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David1964 wrote: »
    Who's uncle Steven btw?

Wasn't he Gail's son that went to live / work in Canada?
  • TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No he is Gail's brother, Audrey's son :-)
  • dobbybeardobbybear Posts: 18,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, I think he was some son of Audrey's that came out of the woodwork. If he was a son of Gail's then he would not be their uncle he would be another half brother!
  • OndineOndine Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Almost. He's Gail's half brother who went to Canada.
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all for the correction. I vaguely thought that Audrey had something to do with it, but couldn't think what. I couldn't remember if Audrey had any children.
  • Mart1n0940Mart1n0940 Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    Sarah-Louise has to fly over to England to try and recover her daughter who has stolen household cash to buy an airline ticket to run away to Weatherfield

Does her boss (also her uncle) lend support and give her some compassionate leave to go and sort it out ?

No - he sacks her for being late with a report

harsh
    and quite SOR-ish
This discussion has been closed.