Options

The Sherrifs Are Coming - Telling Someone To Open The Door While They Are In A Van!

2»

Comments

• Options
    CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    james_W85 wrote: »
    so everyone that owes money to bailiffs is a scumbag ? ever thought a persons circumstances can change and not be able to keep up with all the payments they once did

No, the programme makers wisely never feature that type of case, they only seem to feature cases where people have been owed money for a very long time and, as a last resort, they have had to go to court and that court has issued a judgement allowing baliffs to recoup that money.

No one would watch the show if the baliffs were seen emptying the houses of people who didn't keep up with their rent.
  • Options
    buttsfifebuttsfife Posts: 1,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Centaurion wrote: »
    No, the programme makers wisely never feature that type of case, they only seem to feature cases where people have been owed money for a very long time and, as a last resort, they have had to go to court and that court has issued a judgement allowing baliffs to recoup that money.

No one would watch the show if the baliffs were seen emptying the houses of people who didn't keep up with their rent.

I would if it was actually a new Episode and not a rehash that forms the current programmes :D
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    They are all repeats >:(
    I was staggered to find this particularly as it's now been moved to a prime time slot, i thought it was going to be a completely new series.

BBC must have repeated these now several times over. Yet another reason to seriously consider cancelling out the licence and use iPlayer etc instead.
  • Options
    tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This a new series on bbc1?
  • Options
    nightporternightporter Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The woman who ran the stables had an appropriate name. Ann Hawes.
  • Options
    PitterpatterPitterpatter Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    edited 15/02/18 - 15:27 #32
    buttsfife wrote: »

I would if it was actually a new Episode and not a rehash that forms the current programmes :D

There is a similar programme called "Can't Pay We'll Take It Away" where people in real need are seen being evicted, one being a woman with severe mental health problems. It was the most tasteless and gut wrenching thing I had seen in a while. Who watches these programs? They put me in mind of Nazi softening up of the population against Jews....lets pick on the vulnerable in society. Horrible programmes. They seem to be the things that are shown on the big TV in the hospital waiting room I'm at often, I wouldn't choose to have watch it, but it was e opening to see the government supports such programmes being shown.
  • Options
    RondorfRondorf Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There is a similar programme called "Can't Pay We'll Take It Away" where people in real need are seen being evicted, one being a woman with severe mental health problems. It was the most tasteless and gut wrenching thing I had seen in a while. Who watches these programs? They put me in mind of Nazi softening up of the population against Jews....lets pick on the vulnerable in society. Horrible programmes. They seem to be the things that are shown on the big TV in the hospital waiting room I'm at often, I wouldn't choose to have watch it, but it was e opening to see the government supports such programmes being shown.

I and millions of others watch "these programmes", sadly it's a window into the arse end of Society , how do you suggest
    a landlord gets rid of a nightmare tenant who wrecks the house , doesn't pay rent and has ignored all warnings of impending eviction ?
  • Options
    PitterpatterPitterpatter Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    Rondorf wrote: »

I and millions of others watch "these programmes", sadly it's a window into the arse end of Society , how do you suggest
    a landlord gets rid of a nightmare tenant who wrecks the house , doesn't pay rent and has ignored all warnings of impending eviction ?

Maybe so but it should not be entertainment.
  • Options
    buttsfifebuttsfife Posts: 1,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinman wrote: »
    This a new series on bbc1?

No...repeats or as they like to call it "Reversions"

It's about time there was a new series, anyone got the heads up if that is likely ?
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just finished watching the new season of this and there are some nasty ones in it i think Gerald is a prick to put it midly, Mike needs a slap arrogant so and so him, the others i found were ok.
    Tommy is still as cool as ever always willing to listen and try to help.
    Anyone else been watching it?
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, cant believe the car ones, who buys an old banger and expects it to last, and who sells old bangers and give warrantys on them?
  • Options
    JVSJVS Posts: 12,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    james_W85 wrote: »
    so everyone that owes money to bailiffs is a scumbag ? ever thought a persons circumstances can change and not be able to keep up with all the payments they once did

I suspect most people feel sorry for those whose circumstances have changed and show regret and humility - but not for the greedy, rude, arrogant, manipulative con-artists who try everything to evade paying their bills despite having the money to do so.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one watching the new series?
  • Options
    SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. A bit jarring with totally new sheriffs.
    That high end sports car resto firm just happened to go up in flames did it? I wonder how many other customers were having difficulties with the owner.

I did wonder with the Keighly guy, just how high his voice could get. Yet another scumbag trying every trick in the book to wriggle out of paying, and faking service stamps too. He’ll keep on “phoenixing “ his companies though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No doubt the fire was investigated thoroughly!
  • Options
    SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back with the old sheriffs again. I is the confusings.

Whilst I have sympathy with that poor woman who bought such a rubbish car, I can’t help thinking why she didn’t foresee any problems when she saw the state of the place she was buying from. If I’d walked in there and saw that ramshackle building, I’d have spun on me heels.
    Mind you, kinda galling how the chap didn’t want to hand over money without first getting the car back after all the court proceedings, like she was the dodgy one instead of him.
  • Options
    Harriers9Harriers9 Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    Couldn't understand why the sheriffs didn't pick up on the fact that the pub in Cowes was a Freehouse after she told them everything belonged to the brewery.