Leona, Joe and Shayne perform together for Text Santa.

Comments

• Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonner101 wrote: »
    I agree, to me they were bit players in this performance. I think Leona's new management is getting more savvy now, perhaps more ruthless also and arranged it this way, including the lack of Dermot introducing them.

Exactly. I don't have anything against Joe and Shayne but I'm not going to lie, they were glorified extras standing next to Leona in my view.
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    It's my opinion so of course it's necessary. When stood next to Leona the other two looked pointless. I'm not going to apologise for how the performance came across to me.

I wasn't talking about your opinion about the performance but about comment
    It made it blindingly obvious why she is still successful and they aren't.
    That wasn't necessary at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    I wasn't talking about your opinion about the performance but about comment

That wasn't necessary at all.

I don't need you to tell me what is and isn't necessary for me to say. Compared to her, no they are not successful. That's just my stance on this and I don't need to justify it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there any need to compare their success?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't need you to tell me what is and isn't necessary for me to say. Compared to her, no they are not successful. That's just my stance on this and I don't need to justify it.

I'm not telling YOU what is necessary and what isn't, it wasn't necessary in my opinion. I'm still allowed to express it right? Right. No one even asked your apologies or to justify it, don't get where you get that from.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any need to compare their success?

No there isn't, that's why I said it wasn't necessary but he went in full attack mode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not telling YOU what is necessary and what isn't, it wasn't necessary in my opinion. I'm still allowed to express it right? Right. No one even asked your apologies or to justify it, don't get where you get that from.

Well then don't pull up comments and get surprised when you get a comeback.

She was better than them which is why I said that it isn't surprising they aren't successful any more. Something the public seems to agree with considering she is a prominent star and they are not. I'm surprised it was that hard a comment for some people to understand.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She was better than them which is why I said that it isn't surprising they aren't successful any more. Something the public seems to agree with considering she is a prominent star and they are not. I'm surprised it was that hard a comment for some people to understand.

Who said I was surprised? You clearly posted that comment for attention seeking hence you're still here hence you were attacking me right away when I only stated my opinion that it wasn't necessary to compare their success on a thread that was made for the fans.

Ridiculous at its highest level.
  • LancashireLass2LancashireLass2 Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Gosh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who said I was surprised? You clearly posted that comment for attention seeking hence you're still here hence you were attacking me right away when I only stated my opinion that it wasn't necessary to compare their success on a thread that was made for the fans.

Ridiculous at its highest level.

I just find it funny is all. When the tables are turned, suddenly success becomes very relevant. How hypocritical. :)
  • ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member
    This thread started so well. As a celebration of three X Factor winners performing together for a good cause. I would just like to add that Matt has performed for the past two years at Hopefield, the animal charity which Leona supports. So they seem to have a good relationship too.

Peace and Love at Christmas. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just find it funny is all. When the tables are turned, suddenly success becomes very relevant. How hypocritical. :)

Yes indeed, that's why you made fun of them in the first place.
  • LancashireLass2LancashireLass2 Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ariella52 wrote: »
    This thread started so well. As a celebration of three X Factor winners performing together for a good cause. I would just like to add that Matt has performed for the past two years at Hopefield, the animal charity which Leona supports. So they seem to have a good relationship too.

Peace and Love at Christmas. :)

Ah Ariella a lovely post and exactly right. Good luck to all winners of XF for 2014. :)
  • AmazingAmazing Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly. I don't have anything against Joe and Shayne but I'm not going to lie, they were glorified extras standing next to Leona in my view.

Get over yourself. It's laughable how the likes of you try to make out that Leona is some huge star when everyone else can see that after her first album she has really struggled. The delusion over a Cowell budget xmas album is staggering, considering how poor it has sold. It will have been released to claw back the money lost on Glassheart but it's sales will have barely covered her promo.
  • billiesmithbilliesmith Posts: 11,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Joe's Classic Christmas sold 34k in its first week, Leona's Christmas album sold just over 17k. Leona then had the luxury of an X Factor spot to boost sales. Joe didn't - although it still went on to have reasonably healthy sales in the very limited time Christmas albums have. Winners don't all have a level playing field so they shouldn't continually be measured against each other.

Leona's Christmas single is vey catchy and it is lovely to hear a new Christmas song do well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing wrote: »
    Get over yourself. It's laughable how the likes of you try to make out that Leona is some huge star when everyone else can see that after her first album she has really struggled. The delusion over a Cowell budget xmas album is staggering, considering how poor it has sold. It will have been released to claw back the money lost on Glassheart but it's sales will have barely covered her promo.

It's laughable you're commenting on every Leona related thread.
    Leona's 2nd album didn't sell as much as her debut album Spirit but it's still something to be proud of. She didn't struggle at all but your lack of knowledge made you just look stupid.

The album peaked within the top twenty in nine countries, including debuting at number one in the UK with 160,000+ copies sold in its first week.

Happy sold 52,000+ records in US and was top 10 in most of the Europe countries. It doesn't always have to be #1 right?
    It managed to go to #31 at Billboard
    It was certified Silver

Your jealousy comments are as useless as "ay" in Okay.

And let's not mention Christmas, With Love is certified Gold and One More Sleep has sold around 80,000.

Are you ready for her 5th album next year though?
    It will have been released to claw back the money lost on Glassheart but it's sales will have barely covered her promo
    And that's wrong? What promo though?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's laughable you're commenting on every Leona related thread.
    Leona's 2nd album didn't sell as much as her debut album Spirit but it's still something to be proud of. She didn't struggle at all but your lack of knowledge made you just look stupid.

The album peaked within the top twenty in nine countries, including debuting at number one in the UK with 160,000+ copies sold in its first week.

Happy sold 52,000+ records in US and was top 10 in most of the Europe countries. It doesn't always have to be #1 right?
    It managed to go to #31 at Billboard
    It was certified Silver

Your jealousy comments are as useless as "ay" in Okay.

And let's not mention Christmas, With Love is certified Gold and One More Sleep has sold around 80,000.

Are you ready for her 5th album next year though?

Jealous??? What a stupod comment.

So you think with huge tv and radio promo selling less than 100k proves Leona is still a huge star.

Leona has reaped what she's sowed by neglecting solidating a UK fanbase. Will be interesting to see whether Cowell pushes out her next album quickly or realises that without X Factor she's a spent force.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Leona and Joe are the only winners to have released 4 albums On that performance I heard Joe better than I did Shayne when both guys sang together Leona could have chose any artist from X Factor to sing with her but she chose Shayne and Joe as they're both good vocalists
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So you think with huge tv and radio promo selling less than 100k proves Leona is still a huge star.

Leona has reaped what she's sowed by neglecting solidating a UK fanbase. Will be interesting to see whether Cowell pushes out her next album quickly or realises that without X Factor she's a spent force.

She released Collide which was a Grammy nominated UK top 5 and US Club #1 single. And she only promoted it on one show in the UK. She doesn't need The X Factor to have a successful single.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Either jealous, pressed or mad. Leona gets on your nerves it's obvious.

Actually X Factor got her from #34 to #8, from Wednesday when the XF effect faded she got herself to #3, even #1 on iTunes. Then a week later than the XF performance she was #3 on the Official Charts, don't tell me that's because of XF. Rebecca and James will disagree.

Tomorrow, 2 weeks after her XF performance she'll be at #3 on the Official Charts once again, don't tell me that's because of XF.

You make it sound like Leona isn't allowed to have any promo. "Huge tv and radio promo", would you rather as a label promote your artist with as less promo as possible? Nah, didn't think so.

Let me remind you this is a Christmas album, it will sell every year so 100,000 this year is a good start, especially coming from an album that totally underperformed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Either jealous, pressed or mad. Leona gets on your nerves it's obvious.

Actually X Factor got her from #34 to #8, from Wednesday when the XF effect faded she got herself to #3, even #1 on iTunes. Then a week later than the XF performance she was #3 on the Official Charts, don't tell me that's because of XF. Rebecca and James will disagree.

Tomorrow, 2 weeks after her XF performance she'll be at #3 on the Official Charts once again, don't tell me that's because of XF.

You make it sound like Leona isn't allowed to have any promo. "Huge tv and radio promo", would you rather as a label promote your artist with as less promo as possible? Nah, didn't think so.

Let me remind you this is a Christmas album, it will sell every year so 100,000 this year is a good start, especially coming from an album that totally underperformed.[/QUOTE]

But will it and in what quantities. She's no Michael Buble.

Anyway we'll just have to agree to disagree on Leona's career. Album 5 will definitely be interesting.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Good god. They all did well and sounded great. They all held back tbh, as they all can sing their behinds' off.
  • billiesmithbilliesmith Posts: 11,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    Good god. They all did well and sounded great. They all held back tbh, as they all can sing their behinds' off.

Exactly this! It was a bit of fun, maybe raised some money for charity, Leona, Joe and Shayne all looked as though they enjoyed it, don't see a problem :D
  • ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member
    Exactly this! It was a bit of fun, maybe raised some money for charity, Leona, Joe and Shayne all looked as though they enjoyed it, don't see a problem :D

There isn't one. Really. :)

Mind you, I thought the judges could have made more effort to,get into,the swing of things for charity. Miserable bunch.:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christmas albums are a seasonal irrelevance in relation to a regular pop release.

I reckon Album 5 (or 4 of the regular ones) will be a watershed - anything but really decent sales could well, IMO, be curtains for her career, such as it is at present. Certainly it will have to do vastly better than the failure of the last LP and it looks as though far better material needs to surface.