Ebay - item not received

XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
Forum Member
Last April, I bought concert tickets from ebay. I emailed the seller for an update and they said they haven't been sent the tickets but I know the venue dispatched them ages ago. I politely emailed again and asked for an update as the event is very close now and they have not replied. On ebay, to open a case, you need the item number and I don't have it anymore. My email address got hacked and all my emails were deleted. Please can anyone advise me on what steps to take? Thanks.

Comments

• XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member
    I've just looked on the paypal resolution centre and it said you have to open a dispute within 45 days. I think I may have lost my money......
  • mildredhubblemildredhubble Posts: 6,447
    Forum Member
    Can you not contact eBay?

How did you pay? If it's via Paypal, could you not find the transaction details that way?
    Forum Member
    Can you not contact eBay?

How did you pay? If it's via Paypal, could you not find the transaction details that way?

I looked at my previous Paypal transactions and I've had a new debit card since then.
  • mildredhubblemildredhubble Posts: 6,447
    Forum Member
    You could always try the small claims court.
  • TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What concert was it for? How do you know they were despatched ages ago?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xassy wrote: »
    I looked at my previous Paypal transactions and I've had a new debit card since then.

It makes no difference your paypal history should be on there, i have used several cards & my history is still there.

Did you delete it from your items won list ?

Did they rate you ? Can you search back to last Aprils ratings ?

Ebay is fab i love it but when its bad its a pain in the arse!
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Detailed information on sales is only available for the first 90 days after a sale. After that, the listing page geta removed and all you have on your feedback profile is the item number and comment (but not the title of the listing).

As said above, to claim via paypal you have to start the case before the 45 days are up.

How much were the tickets? If you paid by credit card via paypal then you may be able to get your money back via the credit card issuer.

You may need to start accepting that you have lost the money.

This is the main reason I won't buy tickets that won't get to me before the 45 days are up.
    Forum Member
    Thanks for all the advice but I heard from the seller who, apparently, got them from another ebayer himself. He said if it doesn't come through, I'll definitley get a refund.
  • MartinPickeringMartinPickering Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xassy wrote: »
    My email address got hacked and all my emails were deleted. Please can anyone advise me on what steps to take? Thanks.

Best advice to avoid future problems is to make frequent backups. Keep copies of everything. You never know what you'll need in the future.
    Forum Member
    Best advice to avoid future problems is to make frequent backups. Keep copies of everything. You never know what you'll need in the future.

Thank you. I have now started doing this. I wish I'd done it before but you live and you learn!