Options

Favourite 'found footage' Horror film ..

2»

Comments

• Options
    ruddigerruddiger Posts: 2,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    blair witch,still probably the best cinema experience ive ever had!

close 2nd paranormal activity

are REC and quantined connected? ive never seen either,maybe i should
    Yep . Quarantine is an inferior remake of the Spanish film .REC.

The overall voting is pretty close between .REC and Blair Witch at the moment.
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Blair Witch Project closely followed by REC
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I voted [REC].
    But [REC]2 is very good as well.

I never was impressed by Blair Witch.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rotor wrote: »
    Amazingly, I've actually seen all of the listed films.

Lake Mungo all the way for me.

It's one of those films that when you think about if afterwards, it gets the hairs standing up on the back of your neck. The only other one to have done that with me was Blair Witch.

I swear down, give it a try - and make sure you watch it all in one sitting. Super creepy...

I haven't seen Lake Mungo. Or heard of it.
    But based on your recommendation I will have a look out for it. I look forward to trying it out.

I haven't seen Cannibal Holocaust yet. I've been intending to for a few years.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i am seeking out REC!
  • Options
    finklyfinkly Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blair Witch Project or Lake Mungo. Completely agree with Rotor, I found LM genuinely creepy.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Blair witch project got my vote
    I have seen it a lot and it still creeps me out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    I want to see Lake Mungo now!! Will keep an eye out for it.
  • Options
    ruddigerruddiger Posts: 2,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to see Lake Mungo now!! Will keep an eye out for it.

I recommend seeing all the films in the poll. ( except Quarentine . Little point if you see the superior .Rec)

A film i forgot to put in the poll was 'The Feed' http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1705956/ Looks like fun.
  • Options
    Nick_2005Nick_2005 Posts: 1,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    REC: for me

And not a full film but have to give a special mention to the dream (not a dream ) sequences in Carpenter's Prince of Darkness too, they were and still are creepy
  • Options
    nhodkin147nhodkin147 Posts: 1,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0412467/

And its nasty, despicable, foul, obscene, yet fantastic sequels.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    saw rec last night,great film,georgeous acctress

not as goos as PA or blair witch though...only just mind
  • Options
    MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Blair Witch Project, Paranormal Activity and Cannibal Holocaust. The Last Exorcism was pretty good until the poor ending let it down. Thought Cloverfield was awful and I don't remember much of Quarantine but it was okay. The biggest problem with these is the ridiculousness of the characters holding the camera and filming whilst being scared shitless or fleeing from monsters. It's like the Victorian gothic books where the narrator says "oh, there are footsteps coming up the stairs, I am writing this as it is happening, oh dear now the door is opening". It's hard to explain or justify why they continue to film and it takes you out of the movie a bit. Paranormal Activity probably did the best at that which is why I voted for it.
  • Options
    ZeusZeus Posts: 10,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some good films there. I haven't seen all of them and I can't bring myself to choose between the ones I have seen, but it would be either Rec, Rec2, Blair Witch or Paranormal Activity.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Saw Apartment 143 yesterday , better than Paranormal Activity.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    Reading this list made me realise this is probably one of my favourite sub genres of horror.

I voted Blair Witch because when I saw it at the cinema, it really spooked me. I think it has a really genuine air of menace and at that time I hadn't ever seen a 'found footage' horror film so it had a feeling of authenticity.

Rec is also great, 2nd one is good too but the first one is more intense imo.

I also really liked Cloverfield but the characters were hella annoying and the monster a little bit of a let down.

Gonna check out Lake Mungo for sure, sounds interesting.