78% of Sky Customers can batter down their monthly sub just by calling

2»

Comments

• Options
    ickabodickabod Posts: 506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another year and another deal.

Phoned up yesterday and got a further 12 months of movies & sports and HD all for £24.50 a month.

Asked to cancel, which I would have been happy to do, but this deal twisted my arm (AGAIN).

Have rang a few times myself & genuinely wanted to cancel... Sky's powers of persuasion managed to keep me (with a monthly discount of course :))
  • Options
    Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done guys. Nothing wrong in getting a good deal for yourself. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im leaving Sky until I got bored of normal TV.
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    My dad phoned to reduce bill (cancelled movies) best they could offer us was a 10% discount thought................nah!
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tothegrand wrote: »
    Im leaving Sky until I got bored of normal TV.

That would take me less than a day:D
  • Options
    muppetman11muppetman11 Posts: 2,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    RooksRooks Posts: 9,103
    Forum Member
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    My dad phoned to reduce bill (cancelled movies) best they could offer us was a 10% discount thought................nah!

Yeah they are being quite tight at the moment. I've recently cancelled the sports package after having it for about a decade and they offered me no incentive to keep it. Odd really as I've had very few deals from them in the past (cheap HD and cheap sports over the summer football hiatus). Not a big deal though as I actually did want to cancel :)
  • Options
    steverichsteverich Posts: 114
    Forum Member

Is this offer open to current customers without a sky+ box, as it says:

5. Offer excludes existing Sky+ box households.

We are out of contract standard box customer with sports. tv only, but would be intersted in their broadband as im with o2/sky anyway.
  • Options
    HeinzHeinz Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    Better (but unrealiable) deals via Quidco.

http://www.quidco.com/sky-digital-upgrades-tv-and-broadband/?ac
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    Had the sports deal half price for 2 years. Calling up to cancel every three months to renew a half price deal for another 3 months.

In the end I didn't think it was worth the money even at half price and cancelled. Then the mail shots started. I don't miss it. It's a lot of money for 20 minutes an hour of ads that had a corrosive effect on my children. They don't miss it either.
  • Options
    DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sports half price isn't that good of a deal. You'd still be paying at least £32.50pm without HD.
  • Options
    chriskeenschriskeens Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    just got 75% off TV (all mixes, sport, movies & HD) for the 2nd year running. Less than £25 for the lot.