Options

Davina Beyond Breaking Point

J-ZeeJ-Zee Posts: 557
Forum Member
✭✭
Fair play to Davina, only been on for twenty minutes and I am crying, just off to pledge some money, programme did the trick then

Comments

• Options
    samcheesesamcheese Posts: 1,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Davina. Good on her
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love her or hate her you cant deny this is some feat she undertook. She didn't have to do something like this, she could just do Bake Off or something easier. I couldn't imagine biking 150 miles in a day (can just about manage 15 minutes on a bike in the gym before my bum starts to hurt) let alone the rest of the challenge.
  • Options
    steve16steve16 Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is she crying constantly for no reason? Heaven forbid something actually bad happens in her life - she'll explode!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steve16 wrote: »
    Why is she crying constantly for no reason? Heaven forbid something actually bad happens in her life - she'll explode!

Oh yes, I bet if you put yourself through so much mental and physical effort you will remain completely composed.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Because she's physically and emotionally exhausted. She's scared. She's nervous. She's anxious. For people more in touch with their emotions than you are that means they sometimes cry. It's allowed.
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done girl
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't make me feel like signing up for a marathon any time soon.............:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Greg is a legend. He's a huge reason why these challenges succeed and can even take place to begin with.
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Davina has had quite a hard life actually so she is no stranger to bad things happening.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just wonder why they chose to do it in Feb? It's hard enough at the best of times.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just wonder why they chose to do it in Feb? It's hard enough at the best of times.

I agree why choose February ??
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »

Because Sport Relief is in March :p
  • Options
    ednwirelandednwireland Posts: 170
    Forum Member

cos they have to get it done cut and have enough time to fund raise before tommorows sport relief
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did wonder that too. OK you don't want to do it in high temperatures of the summer but the weather in March-April even if wet is going to be warmer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    Because Sport Relief is in March :p

Dazza behave. What about March then? :D
  • Options
    leddersledders Posts: 2,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody know who the narrator is?
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    Davina's hardcore!

Cycling uphill in the wind, rain and cold, with little sleep and feeling like I was pedalling squares; I'd have cracked straight away and launched the bike into the nearest ditch with what little energy I had left!
  • Options
    ednwirelandednwireland Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    jo brand not helping
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ledders wrote: »
    Does anybody know who the narrator is?

Martin Shaw.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member

It has to be out if the way by the time Sport Relief airs (tomorrow) for maximum effect and maybe she has had other work on over the last few weeks, so that was the only window to do it.

Whoever said about something happening in her life, she spoke in the show about when her mum used to drink and she was always adapting her behaviour to fit with that. I imagine that only scratched the surface.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

For no reason? :confused:

Given what I've heard about her she hasn't had the easiest of lives especially when she was younger. Not that it's relevant at all. Physical exhaustion can make you emotional, shock horror.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JFoster1 wrote: »
    It has to be out if the way by the time Sport Relief airs (tomorrow) for maximum effect and maybe she has had other work on over the last few weeks, so that was the only window to do it.

Whoever said about something happening in her life, she spoke in the show about when her mum used to drink and she was always adapting her behaviour to fit with that. I imagine that only scratched the surface.

Why not reschedule sport relief a bit later in the year then? Couldn't they do it in April instead of March? or May or June for that matter...

Edit - thinking about it, I'm sure David Walliams did his marathon swim up the Thames much later in the year.

Edit- I've just checked and he did his swim in September. Maybe it was the only time she could do it then.
  • Options
    CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Davina is amazing and I cried all the way through with her.

I would've cried for "no reason" too. If I hit a certain level of tiredness, I cry like a baby very easily and I'm not ashamed of that. Davina shouldn't be berated for that even if she hadn't been through some really rough times.
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was great. I think the horrible weather conditions made her task harder but she kept going. You could tell she was in pain in the end. It was better that the task was here rather than sending celebrities abroad to do things. It really annoyed me the time they sent Gary Barlow and co to Africa to climb Kilimanjaro.
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Shit, Im knackered now. Well done Davina

What struck me was all of the girls doing 'no makeup selfies" (which Im right behind) Davina looking exhausted is the ultimate!