Options

what do people think of Inter-racial dating?

1101112131416»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,030
    Forum Member
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    Half of black people already have white partners, 90% of black homosexuals have white partners.

How do you know that white people won't come to think the same way, especially with the media and Hollywood pushing inter-racial partnerships?
    How do you get your statictics:confused:Did you do a survey??? This is generalisation pure and simple 90% of black homosexuals are with white partners , how do you know ???:rolleyes: Half of black people already have white partners:rolleyes: There are alot of mixed-relationships but hardly on that grand scale , and with other races other than black/white as you keep refering to.
  • Options
    doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    tj999 wrote: »
    How do you get your statictics:confused:Did you do a survey???

Read it in The Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/jan/18/race-identity-britain-study

You're right it is "another race" but the vast majority of those are white.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Read it in The Guardian:

Thanks for the link:) but where in that article does it say that 90% of homosexual black persons are with white persons :confused: also it is in the guardian :rolleyes:and was from 2009 and not from this year so , until i see a comparision of figures for this year i will remain skepical on your findings:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Read it in The Guardian:

NO it says that 49% of (carribean children) have a white parent so that means that the black race is mixing more as are the chinese with 35% and indian with 11or14% and others ,so imo the white race is hardly dying out if anything the black race is wobbly at best.But black people as a whole will still keep procreating ,as with other races so there will ,still be *diversity* ok:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    NO it says that 49% of (carribean children) have a white parent so that means that the black race is mixing more as are the chinese with 35% and indian with 11or14% and others ,so imo the white race is hardly dying out if anything the black race is wobbly at best.But black people as a whole will still keep procreating ,as with other races so there will ,still be *diversity* ok:)
    I have taken these % from the article you kindly posted:)
  • Options
    Nuartey1Nuartey1 Posts: 2,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No half of black people don't have white partners. In the US, it's less than 6%.
    As for homosexuals, well by nature of their sexuality, they are out of the gene pool and won't be breeding.

lol, that's true. :D
    Hollywood for damned sure doesn't push interracial relationships and neither does the media. You have a low opinion of white people if you think they will be so influenced by television that they will rush into interracial relationships because Hollyoaks said so.

This.
  • Options
    doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    is not true.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    is not true.

:confused:what is not true?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :confused:
    :confused:what is not true?

What is not true:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bagpipes wrote: »

ha ha :D:cool:
  • Options
    Viscount ByronViscount Byron Posts: 1,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never had a big problem with it, my only concern is that if its a Black & White partner 90% of the time the child or children identify themselves as Black or prefer to be known as a Black person. Infact every mixed race person I have ever met would say they are Black but later on I'd find out they are mixed race.

Maybe I am being overly paranoid here but it just feels like most mixed race people are all too ready to complete disassociate themselves with anything White or White related.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never had a big problem with it, my only concern is that if its a Black & White partner 90% of the time the child or children identify themselves as Black or prefer to be known as a Black person. Infact every mixed race person I have ever met would say they are Black but later on I'd find out they are mixed race.

Maybe I am being overly paranoid here but it just feels like most mixed race people are all too ready to complete disassociate themselves with anything White or White related.

Maybe because they still look more black then white? I don't think many white people would look at a mixed white/black person and think of them as white. Its all about how you are perceived.

What kind of things do mixed raced people disassociate themselves from? What white related things in particular are you talking about?
  • Options
    Viscount ByronViscount Byron Posts: 1,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What kind of things do mixed raced people disassociate themselves from? What white related things in particular are you talking about?

Its hard to answer these questions without sounding a bit bigoted, I don't think it would be appropriate for me to say on here.
  • Options
    MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm all for humans having relationships with other hominids.

Bit of chimpanzee love never hurt anyone.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its hard to answer these questions without sounding a bit bigoted, I don't think it would be appropriate for me to say on here.

I am mixed race mate and wont be offended by anything you say! I am just not sure what you mean when you say anything white related. What are you talking about? The royal family? Morris dancing? Fish and Chips?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't give a shit about race so it's all fine by me. I really wouldn't care if every relationship was mixed race and all future generations came out various shades of coffee. I guess that makes me some kind of traitor to some.
  • Options
    Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's certainly more acceptable than inter-species dating. :D

Except in Wales of course. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    goonst wrote: »
    I don't give a shit about race so it's all fine by me. I really wouldn't care if every relationship was mixed race and all future generations came out various shades of coffee. I guess that makes me some kind of traitor to some.

I would. I don't want to see any race die out.
    All 3 of my kids look different and all are mixed race. My eldest looks like a fair-skinned black person; my middle boy looks like he is mixed-race and my daughter looks Mediterranean or Middle-Eastern. She does not look as of she has a black mum.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never really think about it. My ex-husband was part Xucuru-Kariri part God knows what, and my boyfriend is of African/Krikati heritage.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    I have no problem with interracial dating. People can love who they want to regardless of race.
    I have a mixed race niece and another is in a mixed relationship. I personally wouldn't but I have no issue with anyone who does.
  • Options
    DonScaramangaDonScaramanga Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But it had the same effect of muting the pallet.

Who wants to live somewhere where everyone looks the same, acts the same, dresses the same, shops in the same shops in every town, what a boring future.

That's exactly what you want though. :confused: