Is Carol the best Loose Woman to enter CBB so far or did you prefer the other 2? Poll

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has to be Carol, can't stand Denise Welch and couldn't care less about Coleen.

Still can't believe ANYONE voted for Denise, it was a fix!
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrsCloumbo wrote: »
    Must add - while on a pontificating roll - have always detested 'Loose Women' - and all on it bar the very fabulous Janet Street Porter (yes). Carol included.
    Which is why I have struggled SO hard to like her on this - but like her I do ... and there we have it :confused:

I've always found them to be quite similar (Janet and Carol) Both outspoken, brutally honest and funny with it. Though I can't imagine that Janet drinks the way Carol does:eek:.

What surprises me about Carol is that most people who drink to excess seem to suffer from some kind of underlying depression. I don't get that vibe from her at all.
  • I <3 TweetyI <3 Tweety Posts: 8,286
    Forum Member
    I've liked them all, but after rarely watching Loose Women, Carol is the one I always wished would go in. I don't like some things she says and does but I do think she is a good housemate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    Really thought that Carol would be deadpan funny and down to earth, after seeing bits of her on Loose Wm. Sadly, IMO she's neither.
    Not a pleasant person and only entertaining as a pantomime villain.
    I wouldn't say the others were any better, but she is the worst.
    Hey ho, this obviously appeals to some.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer Carol to Denise and Coleen. Couldn't stand Denise, she was far too needy. Coleen grew on me a bit during her time in the house but I couldn't imagine wanting to spend anytime with her.

I like Carol's sense of mischief and lack of reverence. I bet she would be a really funny mate who would keep you very amused if you were one of her friends. She's the only one of the three I could imagine enjoying a drink with.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always found them to be quite similar (Janet and Carol) Both outspoken, brutally honest and funny with it. Though I can't imagine that Janet drinks the way Carol does:eek:.

What surprises me about Carol is that most people who drink to excess seem to suffer from some kind of underlying depression. I don't get that vibe from her at all.

I find Janet Street-Porter very funny too.

Why do you think Carol has a drink problem? It strikes me that she is a bit of a lightweight who gets drunk easily on a couple of glasses of wine. Is there any evidence that she drinks every day? She is in the BB house where free alcohol is provided, you can hardly blame her for joining in the drinking, but that doesn't mean she drinks like that everyday in real life.

People with real drink problems probably drink considerably more than Carol.
  • kate03kate03 Posts: 4,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think you are right about her drinking. She can be a bit grouchy at times, but I've heard her complaining about being unable to get a good sleep and a couple of wines helps her to do so. Could just be an excuse though. As for her similarities to JSP, yes I can see that. Both have the same acerbic, take no prisoners type of humour. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I like them both.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    I find Janet Street-Porter very funny too.

Why do you think Carol has a drink problem? It strikes me that she is a bit of a lightweight who gets drunk easily on a couple of glasses of wine. Is there any evidence that she drinks every day? She is in the BB house where free alcohol is provided, you can hardly blame her for joining in the drinking, but that doesn't mean she drinks like that everyday in real life.

People with real drink problems probably drink considerably more than Carol.

Just the way she talks about drinking in general. She's well known for liking a drink and propping up bar stools. She's often talking about being drunk on Loose Women (not that I watch it any more)
  • quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    All three are equally pathetic
  • DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, and I agree that Denise was a terrible, mystifying winner. But I do think Carol has been lucky in only picking on unpopular people so far. If she turned her bitchiness on someone people actually like it might not strike people as so amusing. And although she can be funny, I didn't really like her badgering Lauren to go and pick a fight with Sophie. It could have ended really badly for Lauren.

I agree with you about Denise, she was a shocking winner for me too! As for Carol I think that she is a real nasty piece of work and just a old drunken lush!

Coleen is the only Loose Woman that I have really liked on BB and I am glad that she game 2nd. Without a doubt the best two women for me on Loose Women has always been Coleen Nolan and Jane McDonald!
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think her constant stirring is quite funny. Shes just a troll and winding everyone up but they can't see it.

I'm in the minority that liked Denise, I thought she was hilarious. She is just a walking midlife crisis, from the moment she stepped out of the eye in that horrendous fur coat.

I didn't watch the one with Coleen in so can't comment there.
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I rather liked Colleen and thought she received a hard time on this forum by the Goodyear contingent.
  • scatcatcathyscatcatcathy Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denise was the stalker of Michael Madson.
    Colleen was too wet.
    Yes Carol is better than the others.