Options

More stalling tactics by EE over Kathys Return - Becoming annoying - AND PREDICATBLE

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 188
Forum Member
The inital wait was good i.e February till now, and this week would of been acceptbale if the storyline properly kicked off next week, but the fact the actual reunion happens in like 6-7 weeks is taking the ****. It is becoming so predictable how it is playing out and this staggered approach they are taking has wound me up no end. It would of been ok if the reunion had happened next week because face it the reveal happened in February. A further 6-7 week is just plain irritating.

Comments

• Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    100% agree - utter nonsense of a storyline any way
  • Options
    eastendersboieastendersboi Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Satnavvy wrote: »

You can't say that as it hasn't even played out
  • Options
    Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its great
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    Some people on here really don't have any patiences.
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    It's time to bring Kathy home to her family.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Satnavvy wrote: »

The storyline is actually ok. It is just bloody annoying knowing what we all want to see isnt airing until OCTOBER FFS. Its like dangling a carrot in front of us and keep pulling it away
  • Options
    Forum Member
    xTonix wrote: »

We've waited long enough IMO, it has been 6 months since the live reveal
  • Options
    AuntieSoapAuntieSoap Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She faked her own death I presume (or was forced to). She makes a trip to the Square and walks freely around St Pancras without any attempt to disguise her self.

This is silly and shark jumping!
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »

We all know how it's going to end, so why drag it out? We've been waiting 6 months already.
  • Options
    lozblokelozbloke Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    I love it. In fact I love the fact its frustrating me, it means I care about it - after all, a good cliff hanger should frustrate you and make you want to watch more :-)
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    :confused: I'm really enjoying the storyline and was tense at the thought of Ian turning around any second. I thought Phil was excellent and conveyed his nerves at Ian seeing Kathy very well. I'm waiting to see how it all pans out and believe it's far too early to judge whether they're "dragging" it out. Kathy was one of my favourite characters so imho I don't mind how long it takes before the "reveal" as long as it is believable and so far I'm totally engrossed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We all know how it's going to end, so why drag it out? We've been waiting 6 months already.

It would be ok if we had these scenes this week, the plane scenes next and the reveal after but we are looking atleast two weeks between all three events. Annoying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lozbloke wrote: »
    I love it. In fact I love the fact its frustrating me, it means I care about it - after all, a good cliff hanger should frustrate you and make you want to watch more :-)
    Except for the fact neither Kathy nor Gavin appear in next Monday's episode
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I agree OP. I thought maybe it was a false spoiler that she wouldn't be found out til October and they were going to pull off a surprise tonight. But no, it just keeps dragging and dragging and dragging...
    I fail to see how it's impatient to get fed up of waiting after six months upon hearing it'll be another several weeks.
  • Options
    johnny_dolejohnny_dole Posts: 2,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dtc has clearly discovered and unlocked the potential of black hole technology to create a portal into the space time continuum.

unfortunately this has rendered his story telling techniques without the concept of time, thus prolonging what would normally take about two minutes of exposition.
  • Options
    Menime123Menime123 Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want the reunion today, go watch the CIN special. That'll tide you over!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know if Kathy is going to be off screen again now for a while? In another (now infamous) blocked storyline?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Menime123 wrote: »
    If you want the reunion today, go watch the CIN special. That'll tide you over!
    a lighthearted reunion which was a dream holds next to know relevance haha.
  • Options
    Seymour ButtsSeymour Butts Posts: 3,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    srhgts wrote: »
    I agree OP. I thought maybe it was a false spoiler that she wouldn't be found out til October and they were going to pull off a surprise tonight. But no, it just keeps dragging and dragging and dragging...
    I fail to see how it's impatient to get fed up of waiting after six months upon hearing it'll be another several weeks.

It isn't. It's just that some people don't like anything that even resembles critism when it comes to Eastenders
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    EE just likes to tease viewers. So annoying>:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Viewing figures are always down in Summer/August though, so that's why they are stringing this out until Autumn.

Won't be much longer to wait now, LOL!
  • Options
    bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're bringing a character back from the dead. Such a HUGE risk and if it means they drip feed us info to get it right, then I have no problem with that at all. There's clearly a reason why she faked her death and it's very much implied that none of this is in her control.

I love the slow reveal.

So what do we know?

Phil found out Kathy was alive - we think when in prison.

Kathy reveals herself to him asking to come home and he says no.

Phil is handing her wads of cash so she can start a new life away from Gavin.

Kathy has tried to get away and has been caught by the husband.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They're bringing a character back from the dead. Such a HUGE risk and if it means they drip feed us info to get it right, then I have no problem with that at all. There's clearly a reason why she faked her death and it's very much implied that none of this is in her control.

I love the slow reveal.

So what do we know?

Phil found out Kathy was alive - we think when in prison.

Kathy reveals herself to him asking to come home and he says no.

Phil is handing her wads of cash so she can start a new life away from Gavin.

Kathy has tried to get away and has been caught by the husband.

I think her plan was to get as much money from Phil as possible, then turn herself in and leave Gavin enough money to have no option to run and flee because he would be implicated too, this is atleast her new plan, I think her original was to flee with the money.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kathy's return story is only just beginning really. The appearances earlier this year were just the seeds being sown. They said then that she would be back full-time later in the year. The woman faked her own death it sort of lends itself to a slow reintroduction. She can't just stroll back into Walford and pick up where she left off.
    AuntieSoap wrote: »
    She faked her own death I presume (or was forced to). She makes a trip to the Square and walks freely around St Pancras without any attempt to disguise her self.

This is silly and shark jumping!
    She wasn't 'walking freely' around the station. We saw her lurking behind a column before tentatively approaching Phil while looking over her shoulder and around the station hence she saw Ian and Sharon and backed off.
  • Options
    David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »
    She can't just stroll back into Walford and pick up where she left off.

Well they could go down the Dallas route of having everything that went on before her "death" be just a dream... Unfortunately that would write off like 9 years of Eastenders! :o

Though it would mean Kirkwood's entire era was retconned, so maybe not a bad idea.:D