10th. Kellie Bright
    11th. Anthony Ogogo
    12th. Carol Kirkwood
    13th. Daniel O'Donnell
    14th. Katie Derham
    15th. Jeremy Vine
  • CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    I'd say it's better to do this after they have been paired but here are mine:

15th - Anita
    14th - Katie
    13th - Jeremy
    12th - Jay
    11th - Jamelia
    10th - Kellie
    9th - Daniel
    8th - Carol
    7th - Ainsley
    6th - Helen
    5th - Kirsty
    4th - Peter
    3rd - Georgia
    2nd - Anthony
    1st - Iwan

I don't think we can underestimate Daniel's public support and on the other hand I don't think Jamelia or Jay will pick up votes. Ainsley and Carol will be popular with the former providing much entertainment.
  • KiwiJayKiwiJay Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1st Helen George (Week 13)
    2nd Jay McGuiness (Week 13)
    2nd Kirsty Gallacher (Week 13)
    4th Peter Andre (Week 13)
    5th Ainsley Harriott (Week 12)
    6th Georgia May Foote (Week 11)
    7th Iwan Thomas (Week 10)
    8th Carol Kirkwood (Week 9)
    9th Jamelia (Week 8)
    10th Katie Derham (Week 7)
    11th Daniel O'Donnell (Week 6)
    12th Anthony Ogogo (Week 5)
    13th Kellie Bright (Week 4)
    14th Jeremy Vine (Week 3)
    15th Anita Rani (Week 2)
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daisy19 wrote: »
    Oh annoying definitely!

Apparently Helen can dance,,,and I've seen that Jay can aswell but no idea on anyone else.
    I personally couldn't take to Susanna either but I'd say she was far from dull - she certainly stirred up a lot of feeling on this forum - she must have had her fans though otherwise she wouldn't have got to the finals without being in the bottom 2 before she got there.

I think Andre looks like a contender and apparently Georgia like Helen and Jay has had dance training but I suppose one of those four could miss out on the finals if one of them has a shock exit and someone overtakes them with a 'j' storyline.

I'm not sure about Anthony and Iwan - they both look good on paper but then so have others who've turned out to be not as good as predicted.
  • jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote:
    I'm not sure about Anthony and Iwan - they both look good on paper but then so have others who've turned out to be not as good as predicted.

I think Iwan will be another Robbie Savage. He'll look good on paper and give it his all but just won't cut the mustard with Craig. He'll have flashes of brilliance then fizzle out in Week 6 or 7
  • DingDong08DingDong08 Posts: 8,600
    Forum Member
    There's not much point in predicting until the celebrities have been partnered up, really, as certain pros have fairly strong fanbases (e.g. Anton), who may carry a very mediocre dancer through a couple of weeks. Heck, if Fiona Fullerton can reach Blackpool with Anton, anything can happen. :D
  • Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    I personally couldn't take to Susanna either but I'd say she was far from dull - she certainly stirred up a lot of feeling on this forum - she must have had her fans though otherwise she wouldn't have got to the finals without being in the bottom 2 before she got there.

I think Andre looks like a contender and apparently Georgia like Helen and Jay has had dance training but I suppose one of those four could miss out on the finals if one of them has a shock exit and someone overtakes them with a 'j' storyline.

How could I forget about Peter Andre!!! He is another i think will get on well.

I don't know why but I have a feeling Anthony won't be any good.
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's difficult to do this until you see whether they can hear the beat of the music. You can have the fittest sports person or the most dedicated to training and this only gets them so far. Those with musical background usually can do this but then they may not be able to actually dance!
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    And although she was very marmite, I wouldn't say Susanna Reid was 'dull' either.....annoying maybe..

and at 40+ not young either :blush::D

And I am around SEB's age, but I wouldn't call her (that) young or dull either for that matter. Thought she had much more real personality then my nervveesssssss.

Anyway, I will wait with my own list after the pairings have been done (depending when the pairs leak; and otherwise after the broadcast of the launch show next week).
  • RichwoodRichwood Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Impossible to call. Based on gut feeling with no little or no evidence I can see eight potential winners, Katie Georgia, Jay, Helen, Peter, Anthony, Jamelia and Kirsty. Some of the others might do quite well but can't see them winning. Quite a few will have a fan base that could carry them further than they should go. Just have to wait for the group dance at the Launch Show and the training footage to look for dance talent.
  • kattkatt Posts: 10,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lewismacf wrote: »
    Anyone

well considering we havent seen them dance a step yet I have no clue!

sorry
  • davadsdavads Posts: 8,640
    Forum Member
    Why create a thread about this? :confused: I want to watch the whole series and make up my own mind as I see each dancer develop, not fast-forward to the final before it's even started! :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davads wrote: »
    Why create a thread about this? :confused: I want to watch the whole series and make up my own mind as I see each dancer develop, not fast-forward to the final before it's even started! :(

It's just a bit of fun, from what I can remember there's been a predicting the order of eliminations/ winner thread for the past few years.......nobody is forced to take part in it, if you don't like it just ignore it.
    Forum Member
    It's just a bit of fun, from what I can remember there's been a predicting the order of eliminations/ winner thread for the past few years.......nobody is forced to take part in it, if you don't like it just ignore it.

Fair enough, didn't mean to rant :(

I'd want to wait till I'd at least seen everybody dance once though...
  • KiwiJayKiwiJay Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I usually make a prediction when the list is fully announced, then amend after seeing their first attempts, in the group dance at the launch. But ultimately, I agree, you just never know with Strictly. I love this line-up, good group with no obvious dud, really excited to see them dance!
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    1. Georgia May Foote
    2. Peter Andree
    2/3. Jay McGuiness
    4. Helen George
    5. Kellie Bright
    6. Ainsley Harriott (pixie styled shock)
    7. Antony Ogogo
    8. Daniel O'Donnell
    9. Jamelia
    10. Iwan Thomas
    11. Jeremy Vine
    12. Carol Kirkwood
    13. Kirsty Gallacher
    14. Katie Derhan
    15. Anita Rani
  • cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't find the similar thread for last year, but in 2013 nearly everybody was certain that Ashley was going to win, or at least make the final as he'd have "endless fans" voting for him, a lot of people had Sophie as going out before mid-way, people thought Rachel would do really well and two people managed to accurately predict the winner. The person whose predictions most accurately reflected what actually happened got a grand total of six people in the correct placings.

So do remember that this is by no means an exact science and just a bit of fun.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davads wrote: »
    Fair enough, didn't mean to rant :(

I'd want to wait till I'd at least seen everybody dance once though...

I think that's part of what makes it fun though - somebody who you thought had all the assets but either turns out to be a useless dancer or not as big a hit with the public as you thought - or someone who looks like they've got early boot written all over them but they end up doing very well - I doubt if many people would have predicted before they saw them dance Lisa Riley or Pamela Stephenson doing so well for instance.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    15 - Daniel
    14 - Katie
    13 - Jeremy
    12 - Iwan
    11 - Anita
    10 - Kirsty ('That Gabby Creature' style binning off)
    9 - Carol
    8 - Ainsley
    7 - Jamelia
    6 - Kellie
    5 - Peter
    4 - Georgia
    2/3 - Anthony
    2/3 - Helen
    WINNER- Jay
  • dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cwickham wrote: »
    I can't find the similar thread for last year, but in 2013 nearly everybody was certain that Ashley was going to win, or at least make the final as he'd have "endless fans" voting for him, a lot of people had Sophie as going out before mid-way, people thought Rachel would do really well and two people managed to accurately predict the winner. The person whose predictions most accurately reflected what actually happened got a grand total of six people in the correct placings.

So do remember that this is by no means an exact science and just a bit of fun.

I've just found last year's thread, and 15 people backed Thom Evans for the win and only a couple predicted Caroline, so... :D
  • SilarmySilarmy Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    Am I allowed to change mine?
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why on earth does anyone want to predict the winner when it hasn't even started?

I am genuinely puzzled that anyone would bother to do this. You haven't even seen them dance yet!

:confused::confused::confused::confused:
  • lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Silarmy wrote: »
    Am I allowed to change mine?

Yeah you can
    Forum Member
    sofakat wrote: »
    Why on earth does anyone want to predict the winner when it hasn't even started?

I am genuinely puzzled that anyone would bother to do this. You haven't even seen them dance yet!

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

This :)
  • SilarmySilarmy Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    lewismacf wrote: »
    Yeah you can

Thanks. For some reason I suddenly felt as if Kirsty could be this year's Rachel Riley so I'm going to have to change a few things.