People will love Grimmy by the end of the day

Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
Forum Member
✭✭✭
That's what all the press who went to see the first episode are saying, wonder if people think the same after the episode airs and if those who find him annoying are wrong

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    I personally like Nick, and I think he is quite refreshing to a judging panel that hasn't really had a radio DJ, I know we had Neil Fox on Pop Idol but obviously with the mentoring on X Factor should be intresting to see how his mentoring techniques differ from two pop stars and a record label boss. Cannot wait for the launch and tbh I have watched The X Factor since 2004 when Id just started high school, I have been a viewer since the first episode and I get excited every year for it, however I am seeing this as a big overhaul for the show the biggest since the introduction of Dannii and Dermot back in Season 4, it could be even bigger depending on what's to come, so I think it will definitely be a year to remember.
  • batesy2000batesy2000 Posts: 818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If people find him annoying then they find him annoying. It's a personal opinion so they won't be wrong. No matter what he does I find him annoying. He ruins everything he is on and when I see his smarmy face and I hear his nasally squeaky voice I just wanna smash his face in. That opinion will not change
  • Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course they will with the episode being edited!
  • Dan RDan R Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always been excited about having Nick on XF! He's camp, lively and fresh, which is what this show needs.
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Urgh cant stand his grinny face. Never heard of him then again dont listen to radio one. Cant stand the panel already
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was never really fussed by him in the past, but I actually think he'll be great on X Factor.
  • floozie_21floozie_21 Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan R wrote: »
    I've always been excited about having Nick on XF! He's camp, lively and fresh, which is what this show needs.

Agreed. I love Grimmy so I'm excited for X Factor this year. (This coming from a 30 year old Chris Moyles fan).
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    No the usual x factor die hards will love him, everybody else will remain indifferent.
  • Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mal2pool wrote: »
    Urgh cant stand his grinny face. Never heard of him then again dont listen to radio one. Cant stand the panel already

You can't stand him but you've never heard of him? You can't stand the panel but you haven't seen a single episode yet? Nothing like having a positive attitude to start with!

I've been on Team Grimmy since before he was announced. He's young, relevant and knows exactly what it takes to be successful in pop music today. He's the exact opposite to what Louis used to be. He'll be a revelation this series I expect. Like David Walliams on BGT, he'll finally bring fun to a series which has suffered from a lack of it over the last few years.
  • NathanScottNathanScott Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He gives so much life to the show. I'm one of the few who loved Louis for the absurdity but Nick will be a great addition.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Over the years Grimmy has always been very vocal on Twitter about his opinion on X Factor judges of the past. He even had this "Shut Up Nicole" thing on his show.

I hope he's ready for people's opinions of him.
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's be honest, they're going to edit it to hell for people to like him.

But when it comes to lives, he won't be hidden by the edit - and will be exposed (I say that lightly as everybody loathes him anyway) for the irritating fool he is.

Radio One listeners have abandoned the show because of him and I imagine it'll be the same here.
  • kirbyreedkirbyreed Posts: 1,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i cannot bear him but all the stuff he's said on the clip shows and interviews etc have made me laugh so i'm fully expecting to like him after tonight.
  • Hot ButterflyHot Butterfly Posts: 2,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember him on T4 (was it?) and thought him smarmy. Never listened to his radio show but when I saw him with Rita Ora choosing their top ten moments I thought he was great. So I think I'm going to change my mind about him. I hope so. Now, Rita Ora I quite liked on the Voice but on the same show with Nick she was next to useless. He carried her throughout. All she did was agree with him or just repeated what he said. It was embarrassing imo. So going off her atm.
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick is a great judge you'll be suprised I didn't know what to expect from him.
    I saw him at the auditions he's a good judge and he's likeable comes across well.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Let's be honest, they're going to edit it to hell for people to like him.

But when it comes to lives, he won't be hidden by the edit - and will be exposed (I say that lightly as everybody loathes him anyway) for the irritating fool he is.

Radio One listeners have abandoned the show because of him and I imagine it'll be the same here.

That's not strictly true. All radio shows are losing listeners
    across all the stations due to young people less interested in radio than at any other time due to online stations or streaming , you tube etc.

And not every one loathes him. Some find him very funny. (myself included although some of the features on his morning show are rubbish) I was a Moyles fan and he had plenty of haters too . Specially those that didn't get his sarcasm
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is about as clueless as Walsh about what good music is.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    The thing about Grimmy is that I don't like him and that makes me feel bad because he seems like a nice chap and I just can't put my finger on why exactly I don't like him. Damn him!
  • pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    His exagerrated open mouthed staring at people who don't have the best of voices is annoying me. Is professionalism too much to ask?
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mysty211 wrote: »
    Nick is a great judge you'll be suprised I didn't know what to expect from him.
    I saw him at the auditions he's a good judge and he's likeable comes across well.

A great judge? He put through the awful first act.
  • LH1LH1 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hated him. I hated every single bellendish second of him.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Nope.
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,596
    Forum Member
    No, my opinion of him hasn't changed.

I didn't really have one in the first place. :p He was just there giving his one liners and smiling a lot, that's it. :s
  • Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought him and Rita were boring to be honest,they made no real impact and didn't really do anything
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    I'm totally indifferent after that episode. He neither annoyed or excited me, in fact he made no impact whatsoever...which in a way is much worse than anything else.