Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Laughable isn't it, Slow news day.....
  • Options
    LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her voice is terrible...and not in a 'Marmite' way. It's just plain terrible. She is a unique singer to the people who watch The X Factor only.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    After she murdered 'Call Me' on X Factor... How can they even compare them! Love Debbie, not a fan of Vickers. Pictures are quite nice, but not even in the same league as Debbie Harry!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah right:rolleyes:

And Peter Andre is the new Elvis.
  • Options
    jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The article doesn't say she's as good as Debbie Harry, it actually doesn't compare their work at all it say Diana has a similar style as Debbie Harry which I think is accurate (so unlike the DM).
    LolaSvelt wrote: »
    Her voice is terrible...and not in a 'Marmite' way. It's just plain terrible. She is a unique singer to the people who watch The X Factor only.

Your opinion doesn't make it fact. You may not like her but some people do. I think she's cool and quirky, and a damn fine singer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jill1812 wrote: »
    The article doesn't say she's as good as Debbie Harry, it actually doesn't compare their work at all it say Diana has a similar style as Debbie Harry which I think is accurate (so unlike the DM).

Her style's nothing like Debbie's and I didn't say anything about the music since I've not heard Vickers' stuff and don't intend to. I like Debbie's.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    the claw being compared to Debbie Harry!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she looks more like Peaches Geldof
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After she murdered 'Call Me' on X Factor... How can they even compare them! Love Debbie, not a fan of Vickers. Pictures are quite nice, but not even in the same league as Debbie Harry!
    Just for some nostalgic lol's Corned Beef.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    LolaSvelt wrote: »

Her voice isn't terrible. She can really sing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0VXttGamvg

Whether you like or hate her usual singing voice is a different matter though of course.
  • Options
    Huffy1968Huffy1968 Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it a pity that a singer of today, reality show contestant or not, would need to be compared to another, successful (or in Debbie Harry's case, near iconic) long-standing vocalist in order to offer them some credibility. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a terrible singer. And that hand movement - wtf is that all about? :confused:
  • Options
    BalthusBalthus Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's nothing unique about Diana Vickers' voice -- she stole that singing style from Dolores O'Riordan of The Cranberries. She's a total fake.

...And as for the comparison with Debbie Harry... LOL LOL LOL
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    I really think that some of the kids that have posted in this thread, REALLY need to go and read the original article. :rolleyes:

It says NOTHING, repeat, NOTHING about her singing being similar to Debbie Harry in any way whatsoever. :o

They said, that in some of the shots, she looked like a young Debbie Harry. :o

FSS, what's wrong with you kids today. All this childish animosity for a young girl, who did a photoshoot, which resulted in someone 'saying' she looked like a young Debbie.

What's the flipping big deal???

Pathetic, truly pathetic!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    Well, Debbie Harry was gorgeous, but Blondie were very average. Only ever liked 2 songs, and the rest were pretty cack. Even Diana's MOR stuff is more imaginative.
  • Options
    LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jill1812 wrote: »

Your opinion doesn't make it fact. You may not like her but some people do. I think she's cool and quirky, and a damn fine singer.
    Again, she is only 'quirky' to people who have limited knowledge in music. She is certainly no Jenny Lewis or Fiona Apple.
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

:eek: Vic Reeve's pub singers surely? :confused:
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just for some nostalgic lol's Corned Beef.

So like Vic and Bob! Well done that man!!! :D;)
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, Debbie Harry was gorgeous, but Blondie were very average. Only ever liked 2 songs, and the rest were pretty cack. Even Diana's MOR stuff is more imaginative.

Well, each to their own, but I love most of Blondie's songs and think they were one of the greatest bands around in their time. And I say that as someone who didn't even fancy Debbie Harry, either at the time or since.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    when deborah was diana's age she exuded sex appeal.
    something that diana is seriously lacking.
  • Options
    superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God some people in this thread really need to grow up.
    They say the younger generation is immature, eh?
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Call Me was my 2nd fave Blondie single. (I liked Heart of Glass best but it is somtimes overplayed on radio.) I was nevertheless sufficiently impressed by Diana's version of Call Me to lose interest in voting for Laura from X Factor just for that week. (I abstained rather than actually switching my vote to Diana).
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a great fan of Blondie, but Debbie Harry is a unique, iconic performer. Let's not even bother to make these pointless comparisons!

Diana Vickers' strangulated style of singing is simply bizarre. She's trying to be 'quirky' but it's all very odd.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The article only talks about how Diana is styled for one photoshoot. I don't really understand the reaction on this thread, nobody is saying she is like her/sounds like her, just that that somebody else's styling of Diana is reminiscent of Debbie.

I don't agree but I think the reaction has been a little over the top lol.