Options

Anyone feel Peter Beale should return for Lauren's storyline?

StubeStube Posts: 16,834
Forum Member
✭✭
With Lauren's ongoing drinking storyline, would it make sense to bring back Peter Beale? Jac Jossa is such a brilliant actress and I feel Lauren being paired with Joey is holding her back with her material. Now I'm one of the first people to criticise EE for love triangles and affairs (because for the most part they are tedious and repetitive) but if Peter made a return to the square, just think how great the storyline could be!

Peter returns to see Lucy and the family. At this point, Lucy is scheming to get Joey away from Lauren it seems. Knowing that Lauren is going to hit the bottle again, wouldn't it be really touching if Peter was the one who helped her. They've been in a relationship when they were younger so they could get back together and give Jac the acting partner she deserves - if they cast Peter right.

I don't know why they haven't recast Peter already?

Comments

• Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we'll see him back by the end of the year but I reckon it wont happen until either Tyler or/and Joey have left, no doubt the new Peter will be the next big hunk of the show. I wanna know whats happened between Lucy and Peter, Lucy told Lauren that they had a massive falling out but nothing has been said since, I do hope the Producers dont forget this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I forgot about that. Yeah I hope Peter is played by just an ordinary looking guy with a lot of talent rather than teenage-girl fodder with no talent whatsoever.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    Oh I forgot about that. Yeah I hope Peter is played by just an ordinary looking guy with a lot of talent rather than teenage-girl fodder with no talent whatsoever.

Like the previous one?:D
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he should move on from Lauren,
    they have already been done,
    he should just return and be there for her as friends, with a bit of continuity to remember!

The Beales need to be back!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess just a friendship could work but they were great together. But then they were two different actors then.
  • Options
    IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as it's Thomas Law, I would say bring him back.

I'm not sure about Jauren atm, they weren't so bad when they were having funny scenes, but what with all the stuff coming up with
    Lucy spiking Lauren's drink, and Joey not believing her
    , I'm not sure what the future is.

Plus David Witts said he didn't want to stay for long, didn't he?
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Plus David Witts said he didn't want to stay for long, didn't he?

Don't get my hopes up like that!! :p
  • Options
    IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get my hopes up like that!! :p

Seriously lol, I'm pretty sure he did say that in an interview.

Jauren aren't actually that bad, the scene with him getting her out of bed made me LOL
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously lol, I'm pretty sure he did say that in an interview.

Jauren aren't actually that bad, the scene with him getting her out of bed made me LOL

I must have missed that. And he'd be getting her out of bed because.....? :p:cool:

One day I'll find a girl just like Jac Jossa...not that anything would happen (would stumble over my words as usual lol) but finding her would be enough to make my life I think! :D
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well both Tyler and Joey arrived on the show in June, Tyler in 2011 and Joey in 2012 which im guessing means both actors started filming around April time, dont know about lengths in contract or anything like that but surely both will have there contracts getting coming up for renewal if they were both signing for say 6 months at a time.
  • Options
    Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They need to recast him, Thomas Law was a crap actor
  • Options
    nWo 2013nWo 2013 Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    Like the previous one?:D

He was decent.

Peter Beale was needed during Ian Beale's mental breakdown. A great story but his return was utter crap :eek:

For me he is the most interesting of characters if he was played right. Tyler and Joey just don't interest me.

Peter Beale
    Lucy Beale
    Ian Beale
    Bobby Beale - Thank god he was recast
    They have an Aunty (Cindy's sister)
    Their half Sister Cindy

I hate the fact they never interact with the Butcher family despite being related to them.
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nWo 2013 wrote: »
    He was decent.

Peter Beale was needed during Ian Beale's mental breakdown. A great story but his return was utter crap :eek:

For me he is the most interesting of characters if he was played right. Tyler and Joey just don't interest me.

Peter Beale
    Lucy Beale
    Ian Beale
    Bobby Beale - Thank god he was recast
    They have an Aunty (Cindy's sister)
    Their half Sister Cindy

I hate the fact they never interact with the Butcher family despite being related to them.

The Butchers are like Billy to the Mitchells!
  • Options
    nWo 2013nWo 2013 Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    Liked that haha

When he complains he is lonely I have NO sympathy for him. His Nephew and Niece and in trouble and he couldn't give a damn.

Lexi and Liam.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You think Lauren would be more sensible after what happened to her cousin Billie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Jacqueline's Lauren would date Peter anymore.

I think ever since Lauren returned in the form of new actress Jacqueline Jossa, she's all grown up. Peter Beale was part of her childhood, one only Maddie Duggan's Lauren would go for.

Just my thinking on this. It's a bit like when the doctor regenerates in Doctor Who :p