who wants to bet brian will now think the show is past it...

biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
Forum Member
now hes not being paid to present anymore I bet he will be on twitter this summer saying BB needs a rest now, this series is not so good etc:p

Comments

• Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    He said the above in 2010, but his mind swiftly changed on the offer of 200k/year :D. It's fair to say he won't mention the show again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He must be gutted that being said its a lesson in not taking more risks, thinking just standing there following the Autocue was enough to keep the job.
  • happybbfanhappybbfan Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    Brian should have ditched the auto cue more often
    He thought his job was safe
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    happybbfan wrote: »

^^^ this ^^^
    he played it so safe thinking that was the right idea and its gone and backfired.

He said nothing that wasn't on Autocue
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He genuinely is a fan of the show. Has been from Day 1.

If he suddenly slates the show now he is no longer presenting it then he will lower in my estimations of him! :(
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    Well judging from the past Brian clearly has an ego, but he shouldn't really because no-one voted him to be the presenter, he was only voted for as a housemate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    happybbfan wrote: »

yes, socially he was very funny before he presented, now he has changed. you can have an ego if you're Robbie Williams but not if you're Brian Dowling
  • CelticMythCelticMyth Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He always seemed like he was just reading an autocue when he was a housemate too which is why I was never interested in him. Too meh.
  • Mattyboii1995Mattyboii1995 Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do feel bad for Brian.
    He won the 2nd series, and the show basically made him more successful than he ever would have been. He went back in, won the 'Ultimate Housemate' title and after that point thought he was untouchable.
    He even bragged about it constantly WHILE presenting. To me that is inappropriate, and his presenting seemed so wooden and false, regardless of his personality.
    And now that his BB presenting has finished, 12 years down the line, he is out of a job :/
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do feel bad for Brian.
    He won the 2nd series, and the show basically made him more successful than he ever would have been. He went back in, won the 'Ultimate Housemate' title and after that point thought he was untouchable.
    He even bragged about it constantly WHILE presenting. To me that is inappropriate, and his presenting seemed so wooden and false, regardless of his personality.
    And now that his BB presenting has finished, 12 years down the line, he is out of a job :/

Still has work in Ireland doesn't he, more than most BB stars.
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moonburn wrote: »
    ^^^ this ^^^
    he played it so safe thinking that was the right idea and its gone and backfired.

He said nothing that wasn't on Autocue

If you compare it to one of Davina's evictions, such as this one from 2008 when the evictions became quite stale, its amazing how effortless Davina makes it look and its a shame that it wasn't really appreciated at the time. You only need to see the first 2 minutes of that clip to see the stark contrast.

I've no doubt that Emma can take it back to that kind of feel, probably at a slower pace, but if they take the evictions back to that kind of simplicity then it will be a step in the right direction.
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do feel bad for Brian.

I don't feel bad for Brian at all. He has done unbelievably well in the industry considering he was not even a trained presenter when landing these parts. That he got the gig at all over Emma in the first place was astonishing and he should consider himself very lucky indeed to have been given a few years at it. It should have been Emma's in the first place. As a long standing trained tv presenter, its Emma's nose that should have been very much out of joint when Brian got the job over her, but she was (at least in public) extremely gracious about it.

He is ideal fodder for plenty of other tv shows and won't be out of work long... thats for sure. He can't complain.. he has made good money out of his BB connections.... onwards and upwards !!
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He wouldn't be wrong if he did...
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    I do feel bad for Brian.

This makes me confirm what I thought to be the case. People didn't get his tongue in cheek often dry humour. It's a real pity as I think he was great and am dreading Emma's more in your face 'so called' humour.
  • Red DevilRed Devil Posts: 13,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still has work in Ireland doesn't he, more than most BB stars.

He's recently done pilot for a new gameshow for ITV too - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Totally_Senseless
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has he made any comments at all since he was relieved of his duties?
  • nWo 2013nWo 2013 Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    I do feel bad for Brian.

I used to laugh and loved it when he would refer to his past. Nothing wrong with that at all.
    LW09 wrote: »
    If you compare it to one of Davina's evictions, such as this one from 2008 when the evictions became quite stale, its amazing how effortless Davina makes it look and its a shame that it wasn't really appreciated at the time. You only need to see the first 2 minutes of that clip to see the stark contrast.

I've no doubt that Emma can take it back to that kind of feel, probably at a slower pace, but if they take the evictions back to that kind of simplicity then it will be a step in the right direction.

We can all say Davina was perfect years later and yes I loved her but still she became more biased each year towards the housemates she liked.
    Has he made any comments at all since he was relieved of his duties?

Yes I have been waiting to hear this to :confused:
  • birdsongbirdsong Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He seems to be still working, good for him.

The format of BB didn't suit him but other shows have. No doubt we'll be seeing him again soon.