sav666sav666 Posts: 1,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, maybe take time to understand her.
  • Options
    Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand her, and Rylan too, but I think the BBBOTS show seems abit rushed through and so some of it is coming our abit rushed. My housemates think they're both over doing their regional accents abit too but, even if they are, I still understand them both.
  • Options
    SupersarahpSupersarahp Posts: 4,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she is awful as a presenter - very stilted - all over the place - missing her cues.

Rylan on the other hand was actually pretty good.
  • Options
    David_HillDavid_Hill Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She needs to slow her speech down? Anyone know what presenting work she's done previously?
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, she was perfectly easy to understand.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    She had a shocker, I understood every word but they were in the wrong order.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mtj wrote: »
    She's understandable, but her diction is really bad for someone being paid to be a presenter. Not referring to her accent btw.

i completely agree! its not about accents its about a persons diction! hers is terrible :eek:
  • Options
    Noisy OysterNoisy Oyster Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i completely agree! its not about accents its about a persons diction! hers is terrible :eek:

Totally agree. I'm from the North and I did understand her eventually when I had about 5 seconds to process what she was saying. No wonder poor Luke Anderson looked baffled when they were standing together in that bit where she said what last year's housemates had got up to since they left BB.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    David_Hill wrote: »
    She needs to slow her speech down? Anyone know what presenting work she's done previously?

A fair bit it would seem from her agent's blurb on her....

AJ is an up and coming entertainment presenter with a big personality. Recently announced as a presenter of Big Brother’s Bit on the Side 2013, AJ has an exciting year ahead. AJ recently reported live from The Isle of Wight Festival for Sky alongside Jo Whiley and Zoe Ball. The 3 day Festival saw AJ interviewing the likes of Kelis and Enter Shikari in her own unique style. Last year shestarred in the E4 panel show The Dirty Digest, where her cheeky chat and irreverent comments saw her give as good as she got amongst her fellow panellists, all of whom were comedians. AJ has also presented Relentless Freeze Festival 2011(2 day snow sports and music festival) and Roxy Pro Biarritz 2011 (4 day surf and music festival) for Freesports on Channel 4, as well as presenting the news, MOBO’s red carpet coverage and a Harry Potter press junket for MTV.

AJ’s first gig was as the BBC Blast reporter for Lancashire, before going to university. This enabled her to perfect her interviewing and presenting skills whilst reporting on everything local, from culture and night life to comedy. AJ impressed viewers and in 2008, whilst studying at university, AJ became a roving reporter on BBC Switch’s The 5:19 Show, before progressing to co-host the show with Tom Deacon.

The 5:19 showwas a daily youth music show which was broadcast online seven days a week, every Saturday on BBC Two and every Sunday on Radio 1. AJ reported on celebrity gossip and entertainment news, teased her celebrity interviewees and took part in more serious and educational pieces relevant to her audience. With her model looks and irrepressible personality, AJ made quite an impression on those that she interviewed including the likes of Russell Brand and Russell Crowe; with the former bringing AJ to the attention of this Agency. During her time on The 5:19 show, AJ gained great experience, including reporting from Reading Festival, Wireless and Lovebox, running for Sport Relief, playing games with Marvin from JLS and being patted on the hand by Robert Pattinson.

With BBC Switch, AJ also presented a short film entitled TEENSVILLE: Teen Witches. The film followed AJ as she explored the growing popularity of teen witches, especially amongst girls, over a period of a month.

AJ was born and bred in Blackburn and is one of eight children. A music and fashion lover with strong opinions, AJ has an English and Politics Degree
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And on a small off-BB tangent - there is a blurb on said agent's page that shows it really is who, and not what, you know... http://www.johnnoelmanagement.com/ruthcorden

:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She mumbles and stumbles her words. I don't think it's her accent, I think she needs lessons on how to enunciate her words. After all, she is on TV.
  • Options
    whitewitchwhitewitch Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can understand her, but I live near her area, I suppose, so I hear accents like that all the time. I am from the midlands, so it isn't my accent, so I can see it from an outsiders view.

I hear a touch of west Yorkshire definitely, so I think she has either lived there or one of her parents comes from there.

she has a very thick accent, I grant you.

I think it was more about nerves and her stumbling them out.

she was definitely more attractive than any of the housemates, so at least her and emma, were a pleasant sight to see.

I think she will have a look at last nights programme and calm down. maybe have a sweet sherry just before.
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she's absolutely dire . How can she be a presenter ??
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not her accent, it's the way she says things. She was all over the place last night.
  • Options
    Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think she'll be invited back next year...she's certainly grinding on me
  • Options
    Tebby_InamaTebby_Inama Posts: 1,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whitewitch wrote: »
    I can understand her, but I live near her area, I suppose, so I hear accents like that all the time. I am from the midlands, so it isn't my accent, so I can see it from an outsiders view.

I hear a touch of west Yorkshire definitely, so I think she has either lived there or one of her parents comes from there.

she was definitely more attractive than any of the housemates, so at least her and emma, were a pleasant sight to see.

I think she will have a look at last nights programme and calm down. maybe have a sweet sherry just before.

I agree I understood but think the nerves got the best of her at times.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    I live in Texas and can understand her perfectly well.

Strange that. Isn't it?

Yeah I can't understand just fine... I also understand her much better than I understand "undd=erstand". I also understand where this silly "misundd=erstanding" is coming from: the same place that this nonsensical comparison to Mel B...

Yeah.

It's all so very clear.
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she is awful as a presenter - very stilted - all over the place - missing her cues.

Rylan on the other hand was actually pretty good.

I thought so too and I'm sure he'll get better and better with experience. I thought AJ was just okay, but willing to give her a chance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    I understood most of what she said, but she sometimes said a few words together which I couldn't make out.
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wise words. :)
  • Options
    TalullahmayTalullahmay Posts: 5,962
    Forum Member
    LilyAnna80 wrote: »
    I need subtitles to know what the hell she is rabbitting on about.

I have no problem understanding her accent at all, Maybe you should use the subtitles button on your remote control...Sorted, mint innit?, Da ya love it?:p
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hear a touch of west Yorkshire definitely, so I think she has either lived there or one of her parents comes from there..

No evidence she's ever lived there and her parents are from Nigeria.
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    im from the same lancs town /area and so the aj 's accent sounds great.. its just the lancashire twang.. her accent isnt that strong really.. just get used to it..people from the north have to listen to posh media accents all the time and get used to them even if they do grate ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    No evidence she's ever lived there and her parents are from Nigeria.

There's a post with her agent's write up below - and a link. It explains that she is born and raised Blackburn.

You could always nip down and check the birth register... :yawn: