Where are they NOW ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dilly 1 wrote: »
    He might not be everyone's cup of tea, but Russell Grant is always saying how much Flavia and appearing on SCD turned his life around. He has been constantly in work appearing in various shows/plays both in the west end and on tour. It definitely opened a few doors for him so I'd say that he gained a lot from his scd experience.

Yes he has been quite successful and Im happy for him; Loved him and Flavia together :)
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What happened to Chris Parker? He was (imo) completely useless but yet somehow came second in the first series but after leaving Eastenders I don't recall him doing much else since.

He's completed a law degree -

http://www.bbk.ac.uk/prospective/our-students?pid=chris-parker
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »

That sounds impressive.
  • Options
    jtnorthjtnorth Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    Interesting to hear - I didn't know a lot of these things of what people are doing now.

An obvious one but I think James Martin did brilliantly out of Strictly. I don't think he'd have got Saturday Kitchen without it.

The person I was surprised didn't get more from it was Gethin. But I think presenters just have to be very very lucky in getting the right format and can go ages before they do. Look at Zoe - seeing her on the live shows, it seems amazing to me that she isn't always on Saturday night TV, she's so good at it.
  • Options
    mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    actually she isn't, she has only done ITT a couple of times and only once this series

She has however presented the Live Tour and done Dance To The Music (or whatever it was called) with Ian, Natalie and Artem

She is also doing this years Christmas Special with Robin and has done panto

Im sure she is also doing tv work but as I am not fan, I avoid her on the tv :D

I don't know how high profile she was before Strictly but she certainly seems to be doing ok after her stint on Strictly
    It just seems like she is always on something Strictly related :p

I follow her on twitter and it seems to me she clings for dear life to Robin!........She is always doing something or other with him and Kristina!..... I think he is the key to her still being attached to the show for so long!..... ;-)................
  • Options
    dippydancingdippydancing Posts: 9,428
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure if it's a step up or a step down, but I saw Widders in panto two years ago. With CRH.
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    hilary2329 wrote: »
    For someone that hadn't done any dancing (I think) then surely it must be Tom Chambers?
    He was brilliant on Strictly and just got better and better as the weeks went by and then went into musical theatre where he still stars.

I really liked Tom but have not seen much of him since SCD. I do believe he was a very good tap dancer before SCD. I remember seeing him on Strictly doing a tap routine and as I have learnt Tap myself, he could not have possibly done the routine on a few weeks tuition. So he did have dance experience before Strictly.

I know people say ballroom is different but if you have learnt how to remember a dance routine, learnt steps, learnt body positioning etc it is a huge advantage. It is obvious for example that Frankie, Caroline and Pixie have had YEARS of ballet!! Also Mark has obviously had dance lessons, just read he went to stage school!! So none of the above are untrained beginners regarding dance.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure if it's a step up or a step down, but I saw Widders in panto two years ago. With CRH.

Ann is still in big demand all over.
  • Options
    ladydancer1ladydancer1 Posts: 1,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »

Well done to Chris Parker, it takes courage to embark on a 4 year study course, part time or full time when you're already an adult. :cool:
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked Tom but have not seen much of him since SCD. I do believe he was a very good tap dancer before SCD. I remember seeing him on Strictly doing a tap routine and as I have learnt Tap myself, he could not have possibly done the routine on a few weeks tuition. So he did have dance experience before Strictly.

I know people say ballroom is different but if you have learnt how to remember a dance routine, learnt steps, learnt body positioning etc it is a huge advantage. It is obvious for example that Frankie, Caroline and Pixie have had YEARS of ballet!! Also Mark has obviously had dance lessons, just read he went to stage school!! So none of the above are untrained beginners regarding dance.

I saw Tom in Top Hat and he was excellent. Steve has a degree in theatre studies but I don't know how much that involved dance.
  • Options
    Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    Tom is currently starring in White Christmas with Aled Jones (another SCD alumni).

I see Zoe will be hosting the Live Tour next year instead of Lisa Riley. She's not appearing with Craig in Panto this year either as he's playing Captain Hook in Peter Pan in Dartford and she's palying the fairy in Jack and the Beanstalk in Crewe. After the Christmas Special with Robin, maybe the Strictly bubble will pass her by in future. We can but hope!!!!
  • Options
    LoonLoon Posts: 3,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark Ramprakash is the England batting coach.

To be fair he would've got that without Strictly. One of the most naturally talented batsmen of his generation (if not the best), just not as mentally sound hence his reputation as a nearly man of England. He'd been spoken of as a future England coach whilst he was still playing
  • Options
    katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    A lot of celebrities usually do Strictly to boost their career; Some succeed , others dont......

Which celebrities had the biggest boost in their career after Strictly in your opinion ?

Zoe Ball probably without a doubt IMO ; I would also say Chris Hollins, Matt Baker, Alesha Dixon (maybe),......

Are you interested to see what happens with your favorites after the show ? Career Wise ?

Chelsee Healey seems to be doing well....she had a few plays here and there.....
    Abbey Clancy continues to do whatever she was doing after the show : she has a Clothing Line that is doing very well and just recently has been announced as an Avon Ambassador, Modelling....

--What happened to Mark Ramprakash ?
    -Matt Di Angelo ? is he still acting :confused:
    -Kara Tointon ?
    -Did Harry pursued a solo career ?

Who do you think will get a massive boost AFTER this year's strictly is over ?

Imo Judy Mo, Mark and maybe Frankie ?

Thoughts :blush::) ?

A friend of mine who unlike me actually gives a monkey's about cricket tells me that after SCD - Mark R actually had a bit of revival to his cricket career - he never played for England again but he was quite successful at a county level for a while. The friend reckons SCD improved his timing I think it might have been his confidence - all good whichever way you slice it.

Matt DA was recently back in EE and his character was the protagonist in a rape storyline which garned a few headlines and unusually was praised for its handling of the subject matter.

I don't seek out to follow contestants after SCD but I do notice if they crop up in things.
  • Options
    katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    Whats a limpet, I quite like the sound of that word, it can't be a lame female can it?

It's a mollusc - the reference comes because it has similar abilities to attach itself to things and hang on as a barnacle.
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gethin was the first presenter of 71 Degrees North (second series was dreadful!) He also has presented various quizzes most of which weren't very good concepts. He does some sports related presenting, mainly rugby.
  • Options
    KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    I saw Tom in Top Hat and he was excellent. Steve has a degree in theatre studies but I don't know how much that involved dance.

Not at all. :)
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that Steve will probably get even a bigger boost at the BBC once this show is over . His programme seems to be doing really well and Im sure that they are going to propose him even more shows to present.
  • Options
    RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nosilauk wrote: »
    Georgina Bouzova doesn't seem to be doing film/tv at the moment and hasn't for several years. She may, of course, have moved into theatre work only.

If not, then she would be one former contestant who took part as her Casualty role was ending and didn't quite get the boost.

This is from Wiki:

Bouzová is a writer, and is in the process of completing her first novel. She has also contributed to various publications as a freelance journalist, in The Times and The Guardian newspapers.[7][8][9]

Bouzová also runs an eco-friendly yoga clothing business called Barefoot Blondie.[10]