Doesnt anyone feel a bit sorry for Kevin ???

Comments

• erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the guy so I am delighted he didn't win ....same with Mark .
  • Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robin back next year, so it's time for kevin to be replaced
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    primer wrote: »
    i feel a bit sorry for frankie, i felt she was consistently overlooked and undermarked.

she wasn't loud or flashy, needy or tearful., she worked hard and got on with it, and was a lovely unaffected personality. i did find her turned in feet slightly off putting and they never seemed to improve, but generally i thought she was a really good, tidy dancer.

I agree. The other 3 finalists overdid the "this has changed my life" shtick. Yawn.
  • Arlene_MetcalfArlene_Metcalf Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I feel Kevin let Frankie down in the showdance there was quite a bit of 'faffing' about at the beginning then the bit on the tables seemed to go on forever with no actual dancing. This seemed like a ploy used by some pros to cover up lack of technique in their celeb partner but Frankie was well capable of delivering a stunning dance so not sure why Kevin decided to go down this route.
  • Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    Maybe if Kevin realises it's not all about him and stops the manic overdancing he may get somewhere. Don't feel sorry for him atall, he is an over emotional boy who has got to two finals with competent dancers.
  • ladydancer1ladydancer1 Posts: 1,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see why anyone would feel sorry for him. He never had to dance in a dance off this year and he's made it to the final. If anything I feel a bit sorry that Frankie did'nt have a better teacher, I think she could have been pushed a lot more than she appeared to have been.
    Their show dance was anything but as far as I was concerned, no excitement, no great choreography and no pizzaze. (sp) He needs to learn that it's not all about him.
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel Kevin let Frankie down in the showdance there was quite a bit of 'faffing' about at the beginning then the bit on the tables seemed to go on forever with no actual dancing. This seemed like a ploy used by some pros to cover up lack of technique in their celeb partner but Frankie was well capable of delivering a stunning dance so not sure why Kevin decided to go down this route.

Frankie comes across as a bit lazy so maybe they decided to do an easy quickstep as show dance and then focus on other two dances that she already knew. I think the fact that we all know she is dancing regularly on stage went against her
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    edy10 wrote: »
    :blush::blush: At all :blush: ?
    Well I do :blush:

I would have loved to see him win :blush: ; He will probably get a duffer next year.

Not really - KFG is an annoying little tit though his partner was lovely
  • mad_madge_morrimad_madge_morri Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No not at all. Look at Pasha and Kristina (aka gusset girl) when there is applause or praise given, they always take a step back and let their celeb get the credit. Not Mr Fromgrimsby. Occasionally he does, but only when he remembers. I don't like that attitude. even Brendan, who used to be a bit big headed, gives his celeb all the credit.
  • daicolldaicoll Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    Kevin is just an annoying little tit. I am glad his massive ego has not been nurtured any further..
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When push came to shove Frankie wasn't good enough to win and her position on the leaderboard was fair. Having said that I think Craig was mean to only give them a 9 for their paso.
  • BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God no.

I wonder if he gets another contender next year.

Not only does he seem to get good dancers he seems to get massively popular ones too.

I believe it's his celebs popularity with the GBP that keeps him dance off free not his teaching.

He is 100% due a duffer next year. As is Pasha actually, as Rachel was expected to be good iirc.

I agree with everyone else that it would be nice for Kristina to get a win due to how hard she works. However I feel she gets given someone who looks good on paper most years as well, just sometimes they turn out not to be or the public don't warm to them. She hasn't been given an obvious duffer since John Sargeant.
  • fleabeefleabee Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Kevin gets one of the no hopers next year. I find him smug and annoying.
  • Mrs-MopMrs-Mop Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gee, why so nasty?:confused:

Kevin and Frankie were great!

Kevin has had two finals in two years and deserved to be in both, he's taught both Susanna and Frankie to dance and perform.

Thought the result was right this year but I wouldn't have minded any of the final three winning as they were all fab-u-lous darling :D:D:D
  • BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually to be fair he's had the same start as Pasha so it's a bit unfair to stamp our feet about his dancers when Pashas had 3 finals, 1 winner 2seconds and a mid run.
  • aimeeaimee1000aimeeaimee1000 Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reem2011 wrote: »
    Robin back next year, so it's time for kevin to be replaced

Agree along with his sister Joanne.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kevin is a vaguely irritating squirt who dances like a flea on a hotplate

This has made me laugh like a drain this morning!! :D
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    He and Frankie did extremely well. They have all the reason to be proud not pitied.
  • KatenutzsKatenutzs Posts: 2,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kevin is a vaguely irritating squirt who dances like a flea on a hotplate

This has made me laugh like a drain this morning!! :D

Couldn'thave said it better myself :):D
  • jumpingbudgiejumpingbudgie Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    Don't feel sorry for him at all. This is supposed to be a celebrity dance competition, not a pro-dancer competition. His OTT behaviour when getting through to the next round or getting a 10 gave the impression that he was much more concerned with his own status than Frankie's - and that did not endear him to me (and others judging by this forum).
    I've also been a bit irritated by what I perceive as the production team's constant pushing of Kevin as THE pro-dancer. It started off last year with the continual references to him being from Grimsby - so what? None of the other dancers are referred to in those terms, so why him? This year it's been even more noticeable, with him being being asked questions in post dance interviews ahead of his celebrity partner, being given front of house positions in group dances or theme nights (Blackpool was the most obvious) and then cumlating in the camera showing his reaction when Mark and Karen got to the finals instead of actually concentrating on Mark or Jake's reaction.
    I don't like it when a TV show tries to tell its audience who they should like 'the best' by way of over-exposure - it usually has the opposite effect on me, in fact, as I start to wonder whose interests are being served by this.
    It's a shame really, because all it seems to have achieved is make him a fairly divisive character - something that really goes against the ethos of the show.
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully the pipsqueak will be gone by next year.
  • AlanadaleAlanadale Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    edy10 wrote: »
    :blush::blush: At all :blush: ?
    Well I do :blush:

I would have loved to see him win :blush: ; He will probably get a duffer next year.

I don't feel sorry for him . I think he is a good dancer but let himself down when waiting with the other contestants to hear viewers votes , he threw his self on the floor screaming on numerous occasions when he heard they were through to the next week :o Very Unprofessional he has a lot to learn from the other male proffesionals.
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were extra determined to appear platonic, to the extent that portraying even their emotional connection was impaired. Other couples happily attached elsewhere did not do this. A constructive hint for Kevin I feel. That and up the game in the show dance in terms of viewer appeal. Pasha broke his duck by doing this IMO. I voted for Simon BTW.
  • nedtheatomicnedtheatomic Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    Being paid good money to do something he has a natural talent for and coming home to Karen each night - where did it all go wrong? Don't feel that sorry for him, must be honest.

I think both Kevin and his sister are genuine and worth watching when the dancing starts but mildly annoying when the dancing stops.
  • bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just don't understand the nastiness - fine if you don't like someone that is everyone's right but why are some so nasty re someone they do not know? think he will be back next year not sure about JO she is already training dance competitors one of whom are representing England in the Europeans and maybe her future is in other places