Options

Worst Facebook status updates (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A friend on my wife's feed, who must hit 30 status updates a week easily - just constantly has to be updating on any old shite, updated on Christmas Eve.

"Car has just pulled up outside. Beeped twice."

That was it. The ****ing car wasn't even for them.

They're in a huge long terraced street, houses either side, always full of parked cars and one had pulled up for someone and beeped the horn.

She still got likes and replies for it - one was "Annoying".

Is it? It's ****ing 4 o'clock in the afternoon and a car has pulled up in the street for 30 seconds.
  • Options
    PuckyPucky Posts: 4,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im on mi way wi mi sledge! Myt b a wyl- my snow dog is slpy from earlier

Translation please???
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypochondriac type people banging on about being ill when they're not and "checking in" at hospital just so people will ask them if they're okay. There are actually really ill people in the world with real health problems that don't display this type of attention seeking behaviour. I don't know whether to feel sorry for the hypochondriac or tell them to get a life. I am related to a person that does this type of thing and have actually unfortunately had to stop their status updates from appearing on my news feed :-(

Sorry if that sounds harsh!
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Today's irritants

- Scores of pictures of kids opening presents. In most case toy 'mountains' they look completely bewildered by.

- Pictures of plates of Christmas dinner. Seen one plate of turkey dinner seen them all

At least the plates of dinner are the result of someone's effort and maybe worth bragging about, but a friend of mine posted a photo yesterday afternoon of an open box of Quality Street with the caption "Nom nom". Now that's an irritant :kitty:
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Before posting screenshots of letters, why dont people check that their address is not showing!

Just spotted one!

Hope their privacy settings are correct?

I mean, if I was so inclined, I could just go round their house & stalk!
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if they're trying to be funny or asking for likes.

Both.
    Pucky wrote: »
    Translation please???

'I'm on my way with my sledge! Might be a while - my snow dog is sleepy from earlier.'
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    " I'm having an early spring clean of my friends list . Post here if you don't want to be deleted"

She's currently on 511 friends. Let's see how many people she actually gets rid of:D
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    " I'm having an early spring clean of my friends list . Post here if you don't want to be deleted"

She's currently on 511 friends. Let's see how many people she actually gets rid of:D

I have had many friends do that didn't reply and I'm still there after at least a dozen clear outs and I haven't even spoke to them in years (they were people I went to school with who I haven't seen in almost 20 years)
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Hypochondriac type people banging on about being ill when they're not and "checking in" at hospital just so people will ask them if they're okay. There are actually really ill people in the world with real health problems that don't display this type of attention seeking behaviour. I don't know whether to feel sorry for the hypochondriac or tell them to get a life. I am related to a person that does this type of thing and have actually unfortunately had to stop their status updates from appearing on my news feed :-(

Someone on my Facebook recently took a picture of their 3 year old lying on a hospital bed, Tagged the location and left it there. Hours of 'Oh what's up' and 'Hope all is ok, Ring me' messages later she revealed this....

'Oh she (Little one) wasn't ill or anything, Grandma has been in for a couple of days with dizzy spells after a fall and she was away from the bed so little one was lying on it'

Attention seeking missile that one. One of those parents the kids don't recognise without a phone in front of their face
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    Someone on my Facebook recently took a picture of their 3 year old lying on a hospital bed, Tagged the location and left it there. Hours of 'Oh what's up' and 'Hope all is ok, Ring me' messages later she revealed this....

'Oh she (Little one) wasn't ill or anything, Grandma has been in for a couple of days with dizzy spells after a fall and she was away from the bed so little one was lying on it'

Attention seeking missile that one. One of those parents the kids don't recognise without a phone in front of their face

What an idiot
  • Options
    DiabolusDiabolus Posts: 1,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread gives me hope for humanity! :D

Thank god I'm not the only FB uber cynic out there.
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    I have had many friends do that didn't reply and I'm still there after at least a dozen clear outs and I haven't even spoke to them in years (they were people I went to school with who I haven't seen in almost 20 years)

Well they have no gone from 511 friends to 514. Not much of a clear out.
  • Options
    EEfan24EEfan24 Posts: 2,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday I had "our little genius" with a picture of a scribble this woman's 1 year old had 'drawn'
  • Options
    KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    Instead of bleating about FB on DS, how about removing these people from your FB? Of course you wouldn't get the attention then ...
  • Options
    PuckyPucky Posts: 4,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure what to make of this one, from someone that's usually so sensible with their FB posts.
    "2014 Cannot End Like This!!!! Baby Oleg Staying In Africa!!!! No, He Has To Come Home And Be In More Adverts!!! Xx"
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,591
    Forum Member
    A friend bad mouthing the NHS about being kept waiting for an appointment to have her botched tattoo removal removed by experts from the NHS.

She should b*gger off to another country where she would have to pay BEFORE she had treatment for something that she wanted removed. >:(
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,591
    Forum Member
    Jason100 wrote: »
    This Gem just appeared on my feed:

"Christmas is still 12 months away and people already have their Christmas lights up, Unbelievable"

I'm not sure if they're trying to be funny or asking for likes.

That 'joke' is everywhere at the moment. Must have been in a cracker.
  • Options
    PattiPatti Posts: 3,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pucky wrote: »
    Not sure what to make of this one, from someone that's usually so sensible with their FB posts.
    "2014 Cannot End Like This!!!! Baby Oleg Staying In Africa!!!! No, He Has To Come Home And Be In More Adverts!!! Xx"

If I were on FB I'd probably have posted something similar! :blush: You can give them this link for Baby Oleg's Memorymabob.

Still waiting for Safari Oleg to come in the post, then I'll only have 2 more Meerkats to collect. Sad? Me? Never! :blush::D
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    KJ44 wrote: »
    Instead of bleating about FB on DS, how about removing these people from your FB? Of course you wouldn't get the attention then ...

Some things don't annoy you enough to delete the person. But you don't want the hassle of confrontation over something small

So you let it out here
  • Options
    doormousedoormouse Posts: 2,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something I saw on my search of people I know of. Apparently, this stupid woman knows exactly what goes on in a 'man of a different coloured's mind' - He was definitely a 'muslim' (because he was of a different colour to 'white') and he was 'staring at her and her brother' in a very 'bad' way at a hospital. She was ready to stamp on his neck and kill him. She's supposed to be very intelligent. :confused::confused

Copied and pasted

So... what has the world come to??? Our *** accompanied our **** to **** for her to donate for Cancer sufferers and he is wearing his Help For Heroes Top and this Muslim Man in full view of everybody stops and stares and gives him the most evil look he says anybody has ever given anybody... he never took his eyes of him, I was frightened to death when he told me, look what happened to that poor Lee Rigby...

'The most evil look ANYB0DY HAS EVER GIVEN ANYBODY ??? Really? FFS.
  • Options
    Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KJ44 wrote: »

Most of the ones who annoy me are on my wife's list and she never logs out.
  • Options
    fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    Yay! I will no longer have to endure endless photos of Christmas trees with "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" posted underneath, endless photos of people's presents and endless photos of turkey dinners. Until next year.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The other day a FB friend of mine posted FIVE statuses about her sore throat between the hours of midnight -10am, including two sad face pictures. Every week she's incessantly complaining of being ill and wanting people to bring her soup etc.
  • Options
    cas116cas116 Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »

BIB - Love that phrase - i'm definitely nicking it, thanks!
  • Options
    TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just come across this stormer from some airhead bimbo......:D

READY 4 2015. THE YEAR OF NO FAKE PPL IN MY LYFE. NO REGRETS. WOOOOO