Nadia and her council flat...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
Forum Member
Hey Guys,

Couldnt help but notice, reading about Nadias bid for suicide this morning while in a COUNCIL FLAT, just wondering does anyone know of any information about this. Is she living off benefits, what other way would she get a council flat. And if she is, where the heck did her 100grand go that she won about five years ago.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I noticed that too and thought the same - that it was very curious, though it's not true you have to be on benefits to get council housing, you just have to have no home and no way of being able to afford to buy one and be in "priority need". Having said that, it's most unusual for a single person (I'm assuming Nadia is?) to manage to be offered one.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    £100k doesn't go far in London over a 6 year period - and she only won £70k didn't she.

Find it odd she is living in a council flat - but there's no shame in that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She showed her house on CDWM unless she's lost that and been given a council place since May?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get this.

And she was fairly successful after BB, she did shows, had a single, appeared on Sky News, did Ultimate BB etc. Don't get why she's in a council house?
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She had always lived near me, down the road actually in Woking (well she did 3 years ago still), sure she still does now.... my cousin worked with her in Allders. (department store before Debenhams)

I live in a 4 bedroom house but i saw her leaving flats.
  • Jenna TalwartsJenna Talwarts Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She showed her house on CDWM unless she's lost that and been given a council place since May?

Apparently that was a friend's house...so my mum said she'd seen/read somewhere. I should have asked her where. :o
  • GazDublinGazDublin Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    she won 63k because the 1000k was brought down after hm's broke rules and lost money.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose it's possible the paper got it wrong?
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i was confused myself.
  • PlantPlant Posts: 11,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It wasn't her house. The voiceover said it was the house she lodged at, which meant she probably borrowed it for the day to film the show.
  • ValerianValerian Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On Come Dine With Me it said Nadia lodged at that house.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I noticed that too and thought the same - that it was very curious, though it's not true you have to be on benefits to get council housing, you just have to have no home and no way of being able to afford to buy one and be in "priority need".
    Being a transsexual makes her more vulnerable to harassment so she might qualify on that basis.

She should have bought a flat six years ago, though. £63,000 would still buy a flat in many places now, and would have covered at least half the cost even in London in 2004.
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    She had always lived near me, down the road actually in Woking (well she did 3 years ago still), sure she still does now.... my cousin worked with her in Allders. (department store before Debenhams)

i always had the impresssion most hms have got some kind of money now.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I thought the same thing.

She won £65k rather than £100k and but even so it's a fair chunk of change.

Jason, who came second to her, says he did more than 800 PA's and got paid around £3k for each one so I would have thought she had the potential for similar earnings.

Perhaps there's a reason why she hasn't been asked to do so many PAs?
    Something to do with her attitude, perhaps?

She had a couple of decent jobs prior to going on BB so you'd think that if she wasn't picking up the zeleb work she would have chosen to drop back into "normal" life rather than keep on flogging the dead BB horse.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll probably get crucified on here for saying this, but I've always wondered if she had her sex change operations privately (and if so how did she get the money) or whether they were done on the NHS.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    I just think its abit of a disgrace someone having that amount of money and is now living in a council flat. Yeah it may no go far, but its more money than some people would have who own a house.
  • PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After all the interviews, music etc, I guess Nadia made about £200,000 or so in the end. And the prize part of that won't be taxed, of course.
  • BafarBafar Posts: 1,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She might be in the same place she had before she got the money? Just because its council doesnt mean its a dump, not in London, and you wouldnt ever give one up if you could manage it, she might have sublet it and have moved back into it recently. As long as the rent is paid it doesnt matter to the council or housing association if you have a job or not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 323
    Forum Member

wasn't CDWM shown in her friend's house?

also, it makes me mad that so many other people get offered council flats when my daughter and her husband, who have 3 kids under 5 and are on low wages, have to pay over the odds to a private landlord for an ex council house!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Hey Guys,

Couldnt help but notice, reading about Nadias bid for suicide this morning while in a COUNCIL FLAT, just wondering does anyone know of any information about this. Is she living off benefits, what other way would she get a council flat. And if she is, where the heck did her 100grand go that she won about five years ago.

Glad it wasn't just me who picked up on that. I wonder how she managed to get a Council flat too especially with having just deposited £100,000 in the bank.
  • Geri69Geri69 Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get this.

And she was fairly successful after BB, she did shows, had a single, appeared on Sky News, did Ultimate BB etc. Don't get why she's in a council house?

63/64k doesn't go far in the South East, and I don't expect she gets paid much for interviews.

I know she spent money on surgery,she said so on UBB.
  • PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll probably get crucified on here for saying this, but I've always wondered if she had her sex change operations privately (and if so how did she get the money) or whether they were done on the NHS.

She had them in 1995. Did they offer that then on the NHS?

I imagine there's probably quite a large amount of aftercare too to fix, ummmm, leakage etc.

I suspect most of her money went on cocaine, shoes, and private psychologist meetings..
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She spent it all on shoes? But you can't live in a shoe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Voynich wrote: »
    She spent it all on shoes? But you can't live in a shoe.
    There was an old woman;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started my early 20s in a rented council property and paid full rent no benefits. What's the problem. She might not have wanted to get debt and a morgage. My husband and I where both in good jobs but didn't want a morgage at the time but we paid our rent and council tax and didn't claim benefits. Just because you rent off the council doesn't make you a benefit scrounger.