Hastings Premier car insurance.

SealegSealeg Posts: 449
Forum Member
Anyone have any experience of them, due for renewal soon and they seem to have a lot of cover for a not bad price.

If not them, any recommendations for decent low price fully comp?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You only know how good an insurance company is when you make a claim.

My brother is with Hastings but has never made a claim. I'm with LV and made a substantial claim that was handled perfectly with the loss of only 2 years NCD.

Here is a review of Hastings.

http://reviews.money.co.uk/Hastings-Direct-Car-Insurance.htm
  • SealegSealeg Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    Hmm, thanks. those reviews don't look too good, I'm guessing Hastings Premier will use the same call centres as the regular one.

Just had a quote for my renewal and it's gone up quite a bit, even though I've not claimed.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am with them.

They were very sloppy with my renewal. They never sent me a reminder/renewal (nothing) until the very day my insurance was due (I received a text)

My fault too, as I should have been on the ball and known, but it slipped my mind. In the end I just renewed without looking around as time was very tight.

Their explanation. There wasn't one. They could not explain why I did not receive a renewal offer three weeks beforehand (as per usual)

On the other hand, I did put in a claim a few years ago, and it all ran very smoothly.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sealeg wrote: »
    Hmm, thanks. those reviews don't look too good...

As with most things on the internet, folk are only too happy to shout about it if something goes wrong but say nothing if all is as it should be...
  • SealegSealeg Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    mred2000 wrote: »
    As with most things on the internet, folk are only too happy to shout about it if something goes wrong but say nothing if all is as it should be...

True I suppose, I might take a chance with them, they're offering everything I get at the moment including breakdown and it's over £100 cheaper than my renewal quote.