Options

Caroline topping public polls

I always like to have a look at the public opinion polls and see most people want to win.
Sites such as The Mirror, Digital Spy and Telly Mix have all had weekly polls asking people to vote for their favorite. Caroline has topped everyone I've seen by a significant proportion with Frankie second.

Has anyone read any other polls? Do you think they are giving us a foregone conclusion for Saturday night?

Comments

• Options
    sradiasradia Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting, but no, I don't think it is a foregone conclusion. I'm not sure how accurate these polls have been in the past? I would like Caroline to win, but the last time my favourite won was Alesha, so I'm certainly not expecting Caroline and Pasha to win!
  • Options
    Samuel_ShuesterSamuel_Shuester Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    sradia wrote: »
    Interesting, but no, I don't think it is a foregone conclusion. I'm not sure how accurate these polls have been in the past? I would like Caroline to win, but the last time my favourite won was Alesha, so I'm certainly not expecting Caroline and Pasha to win!

I agree I would love for her to win but they only represent a small minority of the shows viewers!
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always look at the polls and up until this year they were usually correct, but they have had Mark favourite to be eliminated for weeks and up until the xfactor voting leak Fleur was topping the polls to be the winner so no I think anyone can win this weekend.
  • Options
    martyboymartyboy Posts: 1,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caroline has the shortest odds at Oddschecker (summary of all the bookies), which is an accurate measure of where Joe Public has put his money.

Although until a couple of days ago, Jake had the shortest odds, and before him it was Pixie.
  • Options
    blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark won't win. He was in the bottom 2 this week so the public votes won't insane for him that kept him outside of the bottom 2. He's only there because of Len. So ii don't think Mark will win we can rule him out.

Pixie and Jake were my certs for top 2 finishes. I am supporting Caroline so i just say thank you Len...:D:D:D:D

Anyone of the other three can actually win. Seriously.
    It'll probably be Caroline she has the buzz towards the end of the show to carry through the win now. She'll be happy Pixie and Jake were gone as if they were still here they would give her a huge challenge in winning.

It is still possible for Simon and Frankie to win it, i think we all know Simon's changed people's perceptions and been on a journey and Frankie hasn't been bottom 2 (i can't remember for sure). It's an interesting final and 100% beats the Louis year were it was SO obvious he was gonna win it.
  • Options
    LilystarLilystar Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    martyboy wrote: »
    Caroline has the shortest odds at Oddschecker (summary of all the bookies), which is an accurate measure of where Joe Public has put his money.

Although until a couple of days ago, Jake had the shortest odds, and before him it was Pixie.

Whilst this is correct, it should be noted that in general, the amounts bookies take on Strictly is tiny in comparison to most sports, which means that relatively small individual bets can cause the prices to change.
  • Options
    nedtheatomicnedtheatomic Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    with the way the scoring works on the judges side and then backed up by the GBP, Strictly is more hooky than betting on the greyhounds. If I was betting on anyone it would be on Frankie,er, but I'm not.
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    IMO Caroline would seriously need to muck every dance up not to win on Saturday.

Whilst I appreciate Frankie has never been in the bottom 2, I just can't see her winning as there is no momentum there - all the support from everywhere I've seen currently lays with Caroline. With Jake and Pixie gone it seems most support has gone Caroline's way too.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    It is a forgone conclusion. She is not slightly ahead of everyone else, her lead is considerable. Saturday will be a mere formality.
  • Options
    CherrybomberCherrybomber Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always like to have a look at the public opinion polls and see most people want to win.
    Sites such as The Mirror, Digital Spy and Telly Mix have all had weekly polls asking people to vote for their favorite. Caroline has topped everyone I've seen by a significant proportion with Frankie second.

Has anyone read any other polls? Do you think they are giving us a foregone conclusion for Saturday night?

I suspect it's pasha who is really the favourite
  • Options
    peppy5peppy5 Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    It is a forgone conclusion. She is not slightly ahead of everyone else, her lead is considerable. Saturday will be a mere formality.

I'm not so sure. We don't really know the strength of Frankie's vote yet, except that she's never been in the bottom two, the only finalist who hasn't been there.
    Also I think lots of viewers only get down to voting in the final, so it could largely depend on what happens on the night. The polls have been way off before.
  • Options
    CherrybomberCherrybomber Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMO Caroline would seriously need to muck every dance up not to win on Saturday.

Whilst I appreciate Frankie has never been in the bottom 2, I just can't see her winning as there is no momentum there - all the support from everywhere I've seen currently lays with Caroline. With Jake and Pixie gone it seems most support has gone Caroline's way too.

It's something of a minor shame because Frankie should win for fairness, she has been the best consistently and overall.

Flack, has improved more but she is not better than Frankie.
    I've never seen either of them before this show and they both seem nice enough. Though flack appears a tad more pleased with herself,

On the grand scale of things I really don't care who wins.
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    It's something of a minor shame because Frankie should win for fairness, she has been the best consistently and overall.

I've never seen either of them before this show and they both seem nice enough. Though flack appears a tad more pleased with herself,

I agree with the consistency for Frankie - bland, boring and about as exciting as watching paint dry.
  • Options
    catakincatakin Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    If that's the case with Caroline I'll have to give all my votes (if we get 3 on finals night) to Frankie. I love her dances. There's something so fairy tale and innocent like with her dances. So natural. :)Go Frankie Go:)
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Caroline is really nervous and on the verge of tears after dancing I really don't think she appears pleased with herself, far from it.
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kimberley topped a lot of polls so it's not really an indication .. I wish it were tho .. go Flackers!!
  • Options
    Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I think the perception that she's 'pleased with herself' (ie 'smug', I suspect,) is way off the mark!!!!

But then, people see what they want to see sometimes.

Also, when did it become okay to refer to someone by their last name (and not only that, but not even capitalise the first letter)? I would never do that. But then, that's not how I was raised. :)

I would love Caroline to win. She's been my favourite from day one. But I really do like Frankie and I would also be pleased if Simon won, if only for Kristina's sake (Simon is lovely but I do love Kristina).

Unless Mark gets more support than he has been getting, I don't think he can do it. But I do enjoy his dancing.

I am just looking forward to seeing the final, whoever wins!
  • Options
    Mr CellophaneMr Cellophane Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to recall reading somewhere last year that loads of people only watch (and vote) in the final. If that is the case, then all the contestants' previous efforts count for nothing, and the public vote would seem completely unpredictable....
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    peppy5 wrote: »
    I'm not so sure. We don't really know the strength of Frankie's vote yet, except that she's never been in the bottom two, the only finalist who hasn't been there.
    Also I think lots of viewers only get down to voting in the final, so it could largely depend on what happens on the night. The polls have been way off before.

In other years the polls have been much closer, particularly between the top two. But this year Caroline has polled 65% on the main DS poll, leaving 35% to be shared by the other 3 contestants. A few extra viewers on the night will not make enough difference.
  • Options
    Pauline_TynanPauline_Tynan Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    I think it is now clearly Carolines to lose
    - She has really gained the momentum and improved lot
    - She appears to really 'feel' the dance
    - Her two main rivals (Jake and Pixie) are gone
    - A lot of people would like to see Pasha finally win after two previous attempts.

I would like to see either Caroline or Simon win now as they have both improved
    a lot and appear to really enjoy each dance.

I hope Kristina produces another outstanding show dance (like the one with Jason D)
    for Simon
  • Options
    goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I think the perception that she's 'pleased with herself' (ie 'smug', I suspect,) is way off the mark!!!!

But then, people see what they want to see sometimes.

Also, when did it become okay to refer to someone by their last name (and not only that, but not even capitalise the first letter)? I would never do that. But then, that's not how I was raised. :)

I would love Caroline to win. She's been my favourite from day one. But I really do like Frankie and I would also be pleased if Simon won, if only for Kristina's sake (Simon is lovely but I do love Kristina).

Unless Mark gets more support than he has been getting, I don't think he can do it. But I do enjoy his dancing.

I am just looking forward to seeing the final, whoever wins!

I agree with these highlighted points. Re the final - have someone coming to stay for Christmas just hope they realise I'm in Saturday definitely for the final - so it will be home delivery on the pizza or parmo and drinkies at home ;-)
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well last year, Susanna was topping MOST of the polls and almost everyone was convinced that her or Sophie were going to win, and look at what happened ;);):D ?
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am rooting for Caroline, really hope she takes it.

Basically I'd be happy with any of them winning, except Mark - who should have left weeks ago.
  • Options
    Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goldberry1 wrote: »
    [/B]

I agree with these highlighted points. Re the final - have someone coming to stay for Christmas just hope they realise I'm in Saturday definitely for the final - so it will be home delivery on the pizza or parmo and drinkies at home ;-)

Are you going to gag them during the show as well??? :)