Denim update now available for Nokia Lumia UK Country Variant

PriliclaPrilicla Posts: 583
Forum Member
✭✭
Finally it is now available for download..well for the Nokia 1320 unlocked phones. It might be for other Lumia phones 😊👍

Comments

• 1saintly1saintly Posts: 4,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh nice one. Will check on my 530.
  • Zee_BukhariZee_Bukhari Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    only for a few phones at the moment. 625 and 1320, and those such as 725 and 830 which came with it pre-installed.

http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-europe/
  • paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    Prilicla wrote: »
    Finally it is now available for download..well for the Nokia 1320 unlocked phones. It might be for other Lumia phones 😊👍

Have an unlocked Nokia Lumia 1520 which stubbornly tells me that my phone is fully up to date but it still has Lumia Cyan.

Sim in it comes from Vodaphone

Does anyone know

a) When it is likely to update

b) Is it possible to side load the update

Vodaphone staff are about as much help as a chocolate fireguard - usually saying

I don't know

or

They don't tell us

or

Lots of people ask us that

That is both store staff and the muppets on the phone. One of them said check the web - brilliant genius I would not have been asking except I checked the web and that gave me the impression it was coming out by the end of January and it is now February.
  • drabbledrabble Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My 635 is the same, it is listed as CV GBIE under carrier according to settings > system > about. The website says Demin should be available for the UK CV.

Maybe they are having a Google style rollout rather than Apple?
  • call100call100 Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    The latest update for the 830 (which already has Denim) was an upgrade to enable the new Nokia Camera 5, with all the goodies that come with that.
    So it's not the 'Denim' update.
  • Zee_BukhariZee_Bukhari Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    call100 wrote: »
    The latest update for the 830 (which already has Denim) was an upgrade to enable the new Nokia Camera 5, with all the goodies that come with that.
    So it's not the 'Denim' update.

it was a denim update for the lumia 830.

The 830 shipped with an old version of denim, as did the 735 and 730.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My 635 CV GBIE finally got the Denim update OTA.

Took an age to install as well at around an hour.
    Forum Member
    drabble wrote: »
    My 635 CV GBIE finally got the Denim update OTA.

Took an age to install as well at around an hour.

Still waiting for my phone to tell me the OTA update is available - not sure if it is because of Vodaphone or that it is an unlocked 1520 but would really like to know how I can avoid waiting for Vodaphone.

At the rate things are going I will have Windows 10 on my desktop before Denim arrives on the Mobile (and yes I am tempted to upgrade the phone when it is avaiable for the 1520)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still waiting for my phone to tell me the OTA update is available - not sure if it is because of Vodaphone or that it is an unlocked 1520 but would really like to know how I can avoid waiting for Vodaphone.

At the rate things are going I will have Windows 10 on my desktop before Denim arrives on the Mobile (and yes I am tempted to upgrade the phone when it is avaiable for the 1520)

What carrier is listed under settings > system > about ?
  • finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 1520 Vodafone and Country Variant are both on Denim. Check here:www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/
    If you want to flash manually have a look here:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2515453
    I used this thread to flash the Country Variant firmware to my EE 830. It was easy but took about 90 minutes.
  • Mitu_PappiMitu_Pappi Posts: 1,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got the update on my EE lumia 635 today. Cortana available ( although I already had it by changing my region and language to USA). So i am now in Uk region with an English accented Cortana.

Where does it say it is Denim? All my update shows is it is windows 8.1 the name denim does not figure anywhere.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mitu_Pappi wrote: »
    Got the update on my EE lumia 635 today. Cortana available ( although I already had it by changing my region and language to USA). So i am now in Uk region with an English accented Cortana.

Where does it say it is Denim? All my update shows is it is windows 8.1 the name denim does not figure anywhere.

settings > system > extras+info
  • Mitu_PappiMitu_Pappi Posts: 1,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks above.

Cortana pinned to the start screen drains battery. I only really use it for night hours. Rest is all gimmicky like remind me to buy roses nonsense.
    Forum Member
    Cortana not draining battery here. To be honest she can be as grown up or as childish (gimmicky) as you make her. A bit like the way you use or misuse your phone in general.
    I'm guessing you are experiencing battery drain because you are still in the play stage and testing what you can and can't do.
    The new camera is a massive improvement, with some nice features, if you've installed that.
    Forum Member
    What carrier is listed under settings > system > about ?

Unless I am being dense cannot see any carrier:

Name:
    Model:
    Software:

OS Version
    firmware Revision Number
    Hardware Revision number
    Radio software version
    CHIP SOC
    Screen Resolution

MAC Address
    MEID
    IMEI
    SIM ID
    IMS (Not Registered)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unless I am being dense cannot see any carrier:

It should be between the Model and Software, at least it is there on my 530 and 635.

About on my 635:
    http://i59.tinypic.com/w8uuzo.jpg

The only other way of confirming which variant it is would be by product code (05xxxxx) but I am not sure where it would be on a 1520 as it is sealed.
    Forum Member
    It should be between the Model and Software, at least it is there on my 530 and 635.

About on my 635:
    http://i59.tinypic.com/w8uuzo.jpg

The only other way of confirming which variant it is would be by product code (05xxxxx) but I am not sure where it would be on a 1520 as it is sealed.

Thanks for that but there is nothing on my 1520
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My SIM free CV GBIE Lumia 630 is saying it's fully up to date too, though annoyingly my parents' Tesco locked 635s have both updated. I say annoyingly because I'm the only one of us that uses Cortana and they're not really bothered about it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    My SIM free CV GBIE Lumia 630 is saying it's fully up to date too, though annoyingly my parents' Tesco locked 635s have both updated. I say annoyingly because I'm the only one of us that uses Cortana and they're not really bothered about it.
    Frustratingly, the Microsoft WP8 Availability website showed the Country Variant of the Lumia 630 on Denim for a short while recently and then it reverted to Cyan before my handset was upgraded. Even more frustrating is that my wife's Lumia 520 has updated to Denim and she only uses her phone for calls and texts. The final straw is that the Vodafone Lumia 630 is now on Denim while the 'plain vanilla' Country Variant is on Cyan. Surely the Vodafone update is based on the Country Variant???
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish these phones came with a system restore facility so that I could backdate it by about two years. I don't want that stupid Cortana - and what's the big idea with that idiotic grid thing that's gradually gobbling up everything on the task bar?
  • tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At bucking last!
    My Nokia Lumia 630 SIM Free Country Variant (T-Mobile) got the Denim Update tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tangsman wrote: »
    At bucking last!
    My Nokia Lumia 630 SIM Free Country Variant (T-Mobile) got the Denim Update tonight.

yeah same here, or at least i presume so. Its just halfway through a critical update.
    Nokia 530 sim free Country Variant (o2) its taking ages.

It must know im picking up my new Moto 4g tomorrow :D so trying to get me to cancel it.
    No chance :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sites been updated

https://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-europe/

Scroll to bottom (uk)

Loads more now listed.

Seems youre stuffed if youre on 3UK, not a single one has been updated.
    Forum Member
    barbeler wrote: »
    I wish these phones came with a system restore facility so that I could backdate it by about two years. I don't want that stupid Cortana - and what's the big idea with that idiotic grid thing that's gradually gobbling up everything on the task bar?

Cortana hasn't been out for 2 years. You don't have to use it if you don't want to, so not really a valid moan.
    I have no idea what the second part of your post is complaining about.

Best suggestion for you is that you go buy an android or an iPhone as you obviously have low expectations...:cool:;-)
  • finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    call100 wrote: »
    Cortana hasn't been out for 2 years. You don't have to use it if you don't want to, so not really a valid moan.
    I have no idea what the second part of your post is complaining about.

Best suggestion for you is that you go buy an android or an iPhone as you obviously have low expectations...:cool:;-)

I can only guess that he means the quick toggles (or what ever they are called) for wifi, BT etc. I can't imagine why anyone would have a problem with the MS implementation. If you want to see a notification area really "gobbled up" have a look at my LG G2 - it's a work of genius.