Options

Panasonic TV/Pioneer 656-A incompatibility?

I have a Panasonic TX32-PL10 TV and A Multi Region Pioneer DV-656-S DVD player. I'm experiencing RGB playback problems but only when playing back NTSC DVDs.
PAL is fine, the SCART lead is fine (spent £50 on an IXOS Gold Series). RGB playback from my Sky+ box is fine too.

The problem is most noticeable in high contrast scenes. A higher brightness of picture is seen about an inch deep, running horizontally across the top of the screen. Really annoying when watching a film in a dark room. Pioneer suggested accessing the service menu on the TV and make a few tweaks, which I did...no joy however. Anybody else got any experience of this type of problem?

Coincidently I've taken the player to our local Shop@Panasonic shop and connected it up there with similar results, even on the newer 100hz models. Pioneer say it's Panasonic at fault. Panasonic say it's...well, I'm still waiting on them to call back...? :rolleyes:

Oh yes and playback from a Panasonic DVD to my TV is fine too!

It's got to be the player I would have thought but if it's simply an "incompatibility" who will take responsibility?