'Fancy' breakfast ideas

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 784
Forum Member
✭✭
My best friend is having her hen night in a few weeks, and I want to make her a nice breakfast that morning, with Bucks Fizz etc.

I don't want to cook anything, it's more along the lines of smoked salmon, cream cheese and bagels, nice croissants etc. Anything that we can just set on a table in front of us and dig into.

Just wondering if anyone had any other ideas for unusual, slightly posh(ish!) breakfast foods. Thanks :)

Comments

• Cat BalouCat Balou Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a lovely idea. I hope it all goes well.

I always like a nice platter of sliced melon and strawberries. It's great alongside some more naughty breakfast goodies like bagels, pain au chocolate or pastries. :)
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Id prefer a big massive fry-up to be honest :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Id prefer a big massive fry-up to be honest :D

We'll be having that the morning after the hen night, I assure you ;)

Strawberries and melon sounds lovely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people reckon you can't beat muffin for breakfast. Each to their own. :)
  • marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    My friend did a brunch before for us and she did pancakes for us, along with lovely fillings for us to chose from like

- fruits of the forest (blackberries rasberries etc)
    - nutella
    - mayple syrup

It was so so divine and v fancy!

U cud prepare the mixture the night before and i know your buddies would be impressed!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,901
    Forum Member
    A nice plate of deli style pastries:)

Lovely idea - what a great way to start her day!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs is always light and fragrant for a breakfast treat - especially with a good grind of black pepper at the last minute. ;)
  • tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't beat some Hot Sausage first thing in the morning.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loves Eggs Benedict, the hollandaise can be a little tricky, but hard to beat for a sophisticated breakfast, with a glass or two of bucks fizz.
  • PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smoked salmon with cream cheese on toasted bagels is bloody beautiful and goes well with a glass of bubbly stuff. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fannyadams wrote: »
    I loves Eggs Benedict, the hollandaise can be a little tricky, but hard to beat for a sophisticated breakfast, with a glass or two of bucks fizz.

Another Eggs Benedict fan here. Something very indulgent about it but as OP doesn't want to cook, I can't think of anything that hasn't already been mentioned except perhaps a Champagne Sorbet or Champagne Jelly to serve with the fruits.

I'd substitute Champagne with Cava or Prosecco though :D
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suzie80's wrote: »
    We'll be having that the morning after the hen night, I assure you ;)
    way hey! good stuff! fraid i cant help you on the posh front though. Although, my dad always cracks open a bottle of champers at breakfast on xmas day!

edit - oops already mentioned!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fannyadams wrote: »

OOOH nice, and you could make your hollandaise really easily in your thermomix. Not that I am jealous or anything !!!!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had on Christmas day breakfast a posh buffet also;

A plate of smoked salmon

A ramekin with Cream cheese in

A ramekin with butter in

A hot bowl with fluffy scrambled eggs (with chives, butter, milk and salt and pepper)

And hot bagels and Croissants.

Washed down with Bucks fizz and fresh fruit juice.

It went down a treat. Everyone helped themselves and it was light enough to make room for Christmas dinner.

Make sure you set the table all posh it makes the food look better!!! :D

Enjoy your day :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thankyou for all the suggestions.

I think I am going to have smoked salmon and cream cheese on bagels, croissants/pastries, and some fresh fruit for breakfast.

Then for a light lunch, some mini sandwiches and possibly a luxury carrot cake - or I might make scones with fresh cream and jam.

I'm looking forward to eating it all myself ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds lovely, have fun