A Clear Out on the Cobbles...

Comments

• vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still feel there needs to be a major clear out on Corrie starting with SB!
  • Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Mary should not be axed- she is fab..

I agree.
    Wasn't keen at first, but think she's great now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anya D wrote: »
    I agree.
    Wasn't keen at first, but think she's great now.

Mary is brilliant.
  • sqwidge1978sqwidge1978 Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So is the OP asking what you would do if you had Kieran Roberts' job.
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    The bus crash is ideal to clear out some of the deadwood, but I have not heard that any of the characters involved are killed...
  • Cheekymonkey09Cheekymonkey09 Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course they wont kill anyone in the bus crash - it's being done to win the awards not to clear out deadwood

Corrie loves its Deadwood and will never get rid of it whilst SB is in charge.
  • KeibroKeibro Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would put the Rovers Return up for sale, when Liz is conned out of her money by Tony. He does a runner from Weatherfield, after Liz discovers his and Tracy's affair. Tony double crosses Tracy by fitting her up to the police. In a bid to destroy evidence, Tracy burns down the shop. In order to break all ties with Jason, Tony lies that he slept with Eva. He leaves Weatherfield leaving Liz, Tracy and Jason devastated.

Ken Barlow would get prostate cancer, however a botched diagnosis would delay his treatment. To improve his chances of survival, the new doctor advises going private.
    To raise the cash, they remortage the house. However, Tracy deems it risky if Ken doesn't survive. At a low ebb, Tracy makes a decision and turns to prostitution.

The medical centre gets a new Doctor, who moves into the Street with wife Natasha and daughter Tamzin. Natasha is outspoken and instantly clashes with Eileen, when Natasha makes a homophobic comment to Sean in the pub. Natasha takes over Audrey's salon when Aud decides it's time to chill. On her first day in charge, Natasha sacks Kylie and tells Emily Bishop and Rita the salon is looking for new clientele. Natasha closes the salon door. Whilst doing a stock take, Natasha sends Maria home but propositions David in the stock room.

Meanwhile Dr Finn comes face to face with Todd Grimshaw...his ex secret boyfriend.
    Finn and Natasha's daughter Tamzin takes a shine to Jason and seduces him soon after moving into the Street, when they are both drunk. There is a shock however, when it turns out Tamzin is only 14. When they are caught, Tamzin says Jason forced her. Natasha calls the police and Jason is arrested for suspected rape.

As Eileen stands by her son, Natasha vows to make the Grimshaws pay, as she knows all about Finn and Todd's history, ubeknownst to her husband.

Tim dies following a fall from Sally's roof.
    Soon after, Faye gives up her baby for adoption. As the Windass family fall apart, Faye angrily tells Anna she wouldn't give her another baby, after the mess she's made of her own family.

Julie Carp agrees to adopt Faye's baby. However, at Christmas Faye regrets what she's done and kidnaps her baby back. Faye, Anna and the baby flee Weatherfield.

Carla Connor buys the Rovers Return and becomes new landlady, leaving the factory to be run by new business partner Michelle. Carla keeps Liz on as bar manager, with Eva and Sean. She makes the controversial decision of axing Betty's hotpot from the menu! However, she redeems herself by agreeing to hold a fundraiser for Ken Barlow's cancer treatment, as one of the first events with her in charge.

Roy and Mary become a couple. Whilst Mary makes no secret of her desire for a physical relationship, Roy has no interest, though he is very fond of Mary. The pair live together at the Cafe.

Sophie proposes to Maddy and they get married on Valentines Day, with all the Websters present including Rhursie and Bill. It's a difficult day for Sally, as she is missing Tim but Kevin helps her through it. The day is ruined though when Maddie's ex boyfriend turns up...with their 4 year old son.

Kylie leaves Weatherfield forever with Callum.
    Gail is left devastated when Michael dies on their wedding day.
    fake Gavin is axed, never to be mentioned again.

Rita and Norris begin a price war with Dev's, when Norris vows to match Dev's prices and even goes about getting a liquor licence so they can stock wine.

Fiz and Tyrone leave Weatherfield, when their house burns down.
    Kirk and Beth have a baby girl, but she is born with downs syndrome and it's touch and go whether she will live.
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least half of the deadwood need to go i.e Michelle, Sean, Nazirs, Kirk, Chesney, Emily etc loads more but I'll be here for ever. This bus crash was a perfect opportunity but the most hurt is Sinead even she survives. :(
  • england66england66 Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leeah wrote: »
    At least half of the deadwood need to go i.e Michelle, Sean, Nazirs, Kirk, Chesney, Emily etc loads more but I'll be here for ever. This bus crash was a perfect opportunity but the most hurt is Sinead even she survives. :(

My list would be the nazirs, sean,sinead,chesney,kirk,maria,craig,faye,katy and izzy. Can't think of an more (at the moment)

EDIT Also boring dev,julie and sophie.
  • Beverly HillsBeverly Hills Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'd think the mini bus crash would be the perfect way to kill off Stereotype but no, the Hat's boyfriend must stay :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to know who told the Corrie bosses that Sean is much loved. I always thought he was a bit of a disappointment after Corrie's first gay storyline with Todd. It was like right now let's get in the most inoffensive, non-sexual, "funny" gay character we can and have him there. Your Nan will love him.

Even his new "romance" has had about as much heat, as a day old bowl of porridge. I mean come on, time to put the sex back into homosexual. Don't even get me started on Todd.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course they wont kill anyone in the bus crash - it's being done to win the awards not to clear out deadwood

Yes a missed chance - this would be the perfect chance to kill off the deadwood.
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Long overdue but I cant see the current EP grasping the nettle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree about Mary, I was unsure at the start but I think she is fabulous.

When Corrie create a good character, they really nail it and I think Mary is very Corrie.

The Nazirs....I don't know what it is. I watched them talking about some chickens the other day and I was like....what are you for? Alya and Gary could both be axed together.
  • foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim must stay. He is far and away my favourite character at the moment 😊
  • ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    I actually wouldn't get rid of many characters, because I like most of them, apart from Sean, who I'd axe.. by way of death by crushing! :D

Steve & Michelle would get married, and have a baby together
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Kirk was a bit of an oddity for a while but I'm liking him with Beth
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    I couldn't kill any Corrie Characters off! They are all good in their own little way!. Lots of go left in them for the future! :) Give them all a chance!!
  • notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    I would be far more inclined to keep most most of the cast, barring probsbly Andrea & the Nazirs, but clear out the producer & most of the writers to be honest!! The established characters are, in the main, fine as they were before Mr Blackburn came, & characters like Maria, Ty, Jason, Sophie, even I think Michelle & Sean could soon be brought back to life with some decent storylines that accessed their past Street history instead of randomly changing their character to suit the plotline!! Continuity is the key along with scripts that actually fit the personality of the characters!! It could so easily be fone eith the right team of people!!
  • llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was really hoping some would be gotten rid of in the bus crash also - wonder why he changed his mind. Putting Izzy on there would have been perfect. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corrie is bloody awful, can't ITV just sack Blackburn?
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He got rid of Paul Kershaw, Brian Packham and Dennis Tanner who were mostly disliked on here. So let's not act like nobody has been axed. It would be pretty ridiculous if a producer axed about half the cast like people here expect them to do.

And do you think axing a big bunch of characters will improve the show? The stories would still need improving.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blackburn and his dreadful writing team are destroying the show.
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keibro wrote: »
    I would put the Rovers Return up for sale, when Liz is conned out of her money by Tony. He does a runner from Weatherfield, after Liz discovers his and Tracy's affair. Tony double crosses Tracy by fitting her up to the police. In a bid to destroy evidence, Tracy burns down the shop. In order to break all ties with Jason, Tony lies that he slept with Eva. He leaves Weatherfield leaving Liz, Tracy and Jason devastated.

Ken Barlow would get prostate cancer, however a botched diagnosis would delay his treatment. To improve his chances of survival, the new doctor advises going private.
    To raise the cash, they remortage the house. However, Tracy deems it risky if Ken doesn't survive. At a low ebb, Tracy makes a decision and turns to prostitution.

The medical centre gets a new Doctor, who moves into the Street with wife Natasha and daughter Tamzin. Natasha is outspoken and instantly clashes with Eileen, when Natasha makes a homophobic comment to Sean in the pub. Natasha takes over Audrey's salon when Aud decides it's time to chill. On her first day in charge, Natasha sacks Kylie and tells Emily Bishop and Rita the salon is looking for new clientele. Natasha closes the salon door. Whilst doing a stock take, Natasha sends Maria home but propositions David in the stock room.

Meanwhile Dr Finn comes face to face with Todd Grimshaw...his ex secret boyfriend.
    Finn and Natasha's daughter Tamzin takes a shine to Jason and seduces him soon after moving into the Street, when they are both drunk. There is a shock however, when it turns out Tamzin is only 14. When they are caught, Tamzin says Jason forced her. Natasha calls the police and Jason is arrested for suspected rape.

As Eileen stands by her son, Natasha vows to make the Grimshaws pay, as she knows all about Finn and Todd's history, ubeknownst to her husband.

Tim dies following a fall from Sally's roof.
    Soon after, Faye gives up her baby for adoption. As the Windass family fall apart, Faye angrily tells Anna she wouldn't give her another baby, after the mess she's made of her own family.

Julie Carp agrees to adopt Faye's baby. However, at Christmas Faye regrets what she's done and kidnaps her baby back. Faye, Anna and the baby flee Weatherfield.

Carla Connor buys the Rovers Return and becomes new landlady, leaving the factory to be run by new business partner Michelle. Carla keeps Liz on as bar manager, with Eva and Sean. She makes the controversial decision of axing Betty's hotpot from the menu! However, she redeems herself by agreeing to hold a fundraiser for Ken Barlow's cancer treatment, as one of the first events with her in charge.

Roy and Mary become a couple. Whilst Mary makes no secret of her desire for a physical relationship, Roy has no interest, though he is very fond of Mary. The pair live together at the Cafe.

Sophie proposes to Maddy and they get married on Valentines Day, with all the Websters present including Rhursie and Bill. It's a difficult day for Sally, as she is missing Tim but Kevin helps her through it. The day is ruined though when Maddie's ex boyfriend turns up...with their 4 year old son.

Kylie leaves Weatherfield forever with Callum.
    Gail is left devastated when Michael dies on their wedding day.
    fake Gavin is axed, never to be mentioned again.

Rita and Norris begin a price war with Dev's, when Norris vows to match Dev's prices and even goes about getting a liquor licence so they can stock wine.

Fiz and Tyrone leave Weatherfield, when their house burns down.
    Kirk and Beth have a baby girl, but she is born with downs syndrome and it's touch and go whether she will live.
    That is excellent, Keibro, you obviously have some background in writing. The only thing I would change: I would have Sophie and Maddie die in a fall from the roof !!
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is excellent, Keibro, you obviously have some background in writing. The only thing I would change: I would have Sophie and Maddie die in a fall from the roof !!

But people in Corrie can fall off high buildings and survive, so I don't know how that would be done.