Options

So what are the 4 dances they're doing next week?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    Personally, if they do redemption dances I'd like to see Matt do the quickstep again. If he was more relaxed and that weird ending were changed, it could be immense.

Not keen on the salsa generally so I hope it's not that one. I find the latins that don't use the whole dance floor quite dull to watch.
  • Options
    -Felicity--Felicity- Posts: 4,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mistress wrote: »
    Personally, if they do redemption dances I'd like to see Matt do the quickstep again. If he was more relaxed and that weird ending were changed, it could be immense.

Not keen on the salsa generally so I hope it's not that one. I find the latins that don't use the whole dance floor quite dull to watch.

I REALLY loved his American Smooth, I hope they do that again :(
    I don't understand why the judges didn't like it, I thought it was extremely interesting, full of great lifts and I actually enjoyed Aliona's choregraphy! :)
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loueez wrote: »
    The judges choose a dance that they think could be improved 2nd time around.

They've used it on DWTS before so judging by 'Movie Week', the swing a thon and an abundance of props it seems like the next in line to make the move to SCD!:rolleyes::D

Thanks for the explanation!

IS it their lowest scoring dance in DWTS?
  • Options
    LoueezLoueez Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimi dlc wrote: »
    Thanks for the explanation!

IS it their lowest scoring dance in DWTS?

Not always from what I can remember. Hopefully someone who knows for certain can confirm!:)
  • Options
    crazybabecrazybabe Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    Pamela - waltz - for me it was her best

Kara - AT - hot hot hot

Matt - samba - smile relax and enjoyyyyy Matt !!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The criteria are likely to change this year because IIRC it's the first year where they haven't done all the dances before the final.

I'd be very surprised if they didn't have to do the two dances they've not done, plus their favourite dance and a showdance, and forget about the judges' choice etc.

When it comes to the personal choice then I think the person who's going to struggle most to pick is Kara. It's tough to select a winner with the audience when ALL your dances have been amazing!

Plus, the personal choice has thrown up some weird decisions in the past couple of years, so there's every chance Matt will opt to do the AS again, knowing that the audience reaction to it was great, or something equally strange...:confused:
  • Options
    james_von05james_von05 Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Felicity- wrote: »
    Matt - Waltz, Paso, Showdance and personal choice.Pam - Argentine Tango, Samba, Showdance and personal choice.
    Kara - Waltz, Samba, Showdance and personal choice.

So 2 Sambas and 2 Argentine Tangos? Blehh, pity they weren't all different :(

Matt will ace all of his 4 dances.
  • Options
    Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really want to see Matt doing the Paso & Waltz and definitely think the girls should have to take on the Samba :D Kara would be good at that, Pamela, I dunno.

If Matt has to reprise a Ballroom and a Latin I'd choose his Tango and Rumba but if the Tango is too recent then his Foxtrot. :)
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loueez wrote: »
    I may be totall wrong, but in the past haven't they had to do their highest scoring ballroom/latin dances in the final?:confused:

Yes, that's always worked in the past.
    Didn't it used to be their favourite (or highest scoring) latin and ballroom dances, plus the showdance ? If they want a fourth dance, why not add another favourite from any section. The final was always reserved for their best routines..great for the viewers. Do they really have to include a dance that was missing from previous weeks..and, come to that, why have they all missed a dance this year ?
  • Options
    29bus29bus Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Matt's circus themed charleston - love to see that again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want Kara and Pamela to both do the Samba purely to show the Judges once and for all who's the best. :p

Paso and Waltz suit Matt to a tea, so that should be good for him.

I think Pamela has the worst dances left for her ability, though.
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    TylerTango wrote: »
    I want Kara and Pamela to both do the Samba purely to show the Judges once and for all who's the best. :p

Paso and Waltz suit Matt to a tea, so that should be good for him.

I think Pamela has the worst dances left for her ability, though.

I am a bit worried for Pam this week. Being sharp isn't one of Pam's strong suits, but hopefully she will sell the dance well. Matt's AT wasn't great, and he still received high scores. Scott's was lacklustre too. Neither of them were very sharp in their movements.

Pam can move her hips and she should be able to capture the "party dance" feel of the Samba.

Kara's will be better. I wasn't all that impressed with the Samba she did with Mark, but she didn't have long to prepare for that and she has had a lot more experience now.
  • Options
    MuinimulaMuinimula Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aha! Bruno has confirmed on ITT:
    1) highest scoring dance
    2) repeated dance of their choice
    3) new dance
    4) freestyle
  • Options
    -Felicity--Felicity- Posts: 4,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SO then...

Their highest scoring dance, their choice, a completely new dance and the showdance! (I think that's what Bruno said, anyway) :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kara scored her two highest dances this week... It's a shame she probably wouldn't be allowed to repeat the Rumba. I really wish she could though, because it was like poetry.

I expect:

Kara - Argentine Tango, Paso Doble, Samba
    Matt - Samba, Charleston, Paso Doble
    Pamela - Viennese Waltz, Salsa(?!?!?!) / or American Smooth if they're playing it safe, Argentine Tango
  • Options
    jacksinclairxjacksinclairx Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm guessing this is how it will go...

Pamela & James
    Viennese Waltz
    Argentine Tango
    Waltz/Rumba/Salsa
    Freestyle

Kara & Artem
    Rumba
    Samba
    Argentine Tango
    Freestyle

Matt & Aliona
    Samba
    Paso Doble
    Foxtrot
    Freestyle

that is what i am hoping for anyways :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,298
    Forum Member
    Hope Pamela gets the AT as opposed to a Samba because I dont think James has danced one before :) I still want them to re-perform thier rumba or salsa or AS.
  • Options
    jacksinclairxjacksinclairx Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope Pamela gets the AT as opposed to a Samba because I dont think James has danced one before :) I still want them to re-perform thier rumba or salsa or AS.

We are on the same wave length again :D
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    I have a feeling that James will choose the Salsa, as he would like to show the viewers the dance without the stumble.
    Although I would LURRVE it to be the American Smooth!

Btw - what's happened to DS? It's changed a bit :confused:
  • Options
    footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,214
    Forum Member
    Muinimula wrote: »
    Aha! Bruno has confirmed on ITT:
    1) highest scoring dance
    2) repeated dance of their choice
    3) new dance
    4) freestyle

What this could mean is that if they pick a ballroom of their choice their new dance would have to be a latin to balance it out.

So for Matt - his repeat dance will be the Samba (38)
    Kara - repeat dance will be rumba/ VW (39)
    Pamela - repeat dance will be Vienesse Waltz/Quickstep (40)

Repeated

Matt - Hopefully the tango
    Kara -
    Pamela

So new dance I reckon will be one of the three he hasn't done

Matt - Paso, Waltz
    Kara - Samba, Waltz,
    Pamela - Samba, AT,

So going on that - if Matt chooses to reprise a ballroom he'll do the paso - if he chooses latin he'll do the waltz

Either way Pamela will choose ballroom to reprise - so expect her to get the samba
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    footygirl wrote: »
    What this could mean is that if they pick a ballroom of their choice their new dance would have to be a latin to balance it out.

So for Matt - his repeat dance will be the Samba (38)
    Kara - repeat dance will be rumba/ VW (39)
    Pamela - repeat dance will be Vienesse Waltz/Quickstep (40)

Repeated

Matt - Hopefully the tango
    Kara -
    Pamela

So new dance I reckon will be one of the three he hasn't done

Matt - Paso, Waltz
    Kara - Samba, Waltz,
    Pamela - Samba, AT,

So going on that - if Matt chooses to reprise a ballroom he'll do the paso - if he chooses latin he'll do the waltz

Either way Pamela will choose ballroom to reprise - so expect her to get the samba

Can they repeat their SF dances? Because that could change things.

I'm not sure Pamela will choose a ballroom to reprise - particularly if that did mean she'd get the samba as a result. I expect her highest scoring to be the VW and then think they may well go for the Charleston.

If they can choose SF dances again then obviously Matt and Kara will probably dance one (or in Kara's case possibly both although I think not) of those to repeat in the final - either as a highest scoring or as a reprise.

I'm not sure their repeat dance choice will have any bearing on the new dance they get - I think that's probably been pre-determined. (Still think Pamela/James will probably get AT rather than samba though ;).)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,298
    Forum Member
    I have a feeling James will choose to re-dance a Latin to avoid the Samba. I could really see them re-doing the Charlston or Salsa or Rumba.
  • Options
    River ManRiver Man Posts: 2,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VW , Charleston and Samba for Pam & James I reckon.
  • Options
    millie3millie3 Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could someone answer me this please. According to Bruno it doesn't seem that by the end of the final not everyone will have done all the dances, particularly the samba as it's thought to be the hardest. In previous years they've all done the same dances haven't they?
  • Options
    PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damn, I was hoping to have Matt do a performance/comedy dance, like the Charleston or Jive.