Simon Cowell is he or isn't he??? (Part 2)

Comments

• DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if mum and brother are in America then. Thought it a bit odd not spending xmas with his mum this year given her age. Was that photo of Mish actually taken at Barbados airport or is she in America as well? (supposedly)
  • shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DE53 wrote: »
    Wonder if mum and brother are in America then. Thought it a bit odd not spending xmas with his mum this year given her age. Was that photo of Mish actually taken at Barbados airport or is she in America as well? (supposedly)

I have wondered this before - he might have the money, but certainly not the happiness.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No idea whether he is straight, gay or somewhere inbetween but he dosen't seem to be comfortable hugging and kissing in public hence the awkward kiss and balcony fiasco (maybe he is just a private person) Having said that he dosen't seem to have any problems with Cheryl or Amanda Holden! He always looked happy enough with Terri and even early photos with Mish he cracked the odd smile but not these days, or is that just overuse of botox::eek: I think many people in England would see this as a marriage of convenience(on both sides), even if it was for real which is a shame,it might be seen differently across the pond though!

I would say he is uncomfortable kissing and hugging women full stop.I'm a bit surprised he has managed to convince a lot of people he is a "ladies man".There seems to be very little evidence to back it up,bar his public association with the likes of Terri,Sinitta and Mish.Where are the ex-girlfriends saying "I had a brief fling with Simon Cowell"?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    I would say he is uncomfortable kissing and hugging women full stop.I'm a bit surprised he has managed to convince a lot of people he is a "ladies man".There seems to be very little evidence to back it up,bar his public association with the likes of Terri,Sinitta and Mish.Where are the ex-girlfriends saying "I had a brief fling with Simon Cowell"?

Exactly where are they ? I would expect him to be papped at least once a month with a known celebrity at some opening or event. No lurid tales of one night shagfests either. He must pay them extremely well.:D
  • allie5allie5 Posts: 4,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just an observation, but I'm out in the States at the moment and I'm shocked at the amount of promo there is already for US XF - albeit the trailers are little more than teasers but the fact they are starting to plug this show almost ten months before airing is almost unprecedented. It goes to show what a HUGE deal it is for Simon - Fox have invested a lot into this -and for them to be heavily plugging it before a single piece of footage has even been shot is a gamble...one they are taking on Simon.It's HIS show and HE is the selling point. He really cannot afford for this to go belly up and it's no mystery to me much anymore why there is the need for him to appear in a heterosexual relationship. Fox will want one of their biggest stars to be a nice safe "family friendly" face...and it's really rather tragic things have to be that way in this day and age.

Just my opinion of course...I know not everyone will agree that's whats behind all this.
  • Charlie ChuckCharlie Chuck Posts: 2,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie5 wrote: »
    Just an observation, but I'm out in the States at the moment and I'm shocked at the amount of promo there is already for US XF - albeit the trailers are little more than teasers but the fact they are starting to plug this show almost ten months before airing is almost unprecedented. It goes to show what a HUGE deal it is for Simon - Fox have invested a lot into this -and for them to be heavily plugging it before a single piece of footage has even been shot is a gamble...one they are taking on Simon.It's HIS show and HE is the selling point. He really cannot afford for this to go belly up and it's no mystery to me much anymore why there is the need for him to appear in a heterosexual relationship. Fox will want one of their biggest stars to be a nice safe "family friendly" face...and it's really rather tragic things have to be that way in this day and age.

Just my opinion of course...I know not everyone will agree that's whats behind all this.

Over 1000 posts. You've done a marvellous job.

Is he or isn't he?

If he is, he's doing a very bad job convincing he isn't.

Allie5, God bless you and all that sails beneath you and Simon Scowl.

He's gay gay gay. I'm penniless the **** can't screw me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for the update Allie, good to hear how the PR is going out there. I think a lot of Brits get complacent and think 'what does it matter if he's gay?' but it really would be a huge deal, especially in the States and badly damage US XF. This show will make or break Simon's future in the US, he would hate to only be known for Idol and not have his production value of XF recognised there.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday :)
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jujubee wrote: »
    He hasn't got his waterproof ciggies with him that's why:D Poor man, stuck on a jetski in the Caribbean, in December. What a tough life.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ZIRCON61 wrote: »
    Exactly where are they ? I would expect him to be papped at least once a month with a known celebrity at some opening or event. No lurid tales of one night shagfests either. He must pay them extremely well.:D

Simon and Max Clifford have a lot of power. I would imagine the media are very wary of what they can and can't print. They would not want to upset the apple cart and not have ANY stories to print.

On the other hand maybe he is just too busy making money to find the time and energy for a shagfest :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

More pensive i would say. Maybe thinking about spending NYE alone with " the one " :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ZIRCON61 wrote: »

Not all celeb men have the odd shag-fest though. Robert Carlyle has only ever had long-term relationships with women and he's straight. He doesn't 'do' flings. In his words, 'I'm not a sh@gger.'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Simon doesn't seem to be distressed by having to stay in the closet though. He seems to be having a whale of a time. I think he genuinely likes women and enjoys being surrounded by them.....even if it is (probably) just a platonic thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not all celeb men have the odd shag-fest though. Robert Carlyle has only ever had long-term relationships with women and he's straight. He doesn't 'do' flings. In his words, 'I'm not a sh@gger.'

Fair point. Maybe we don't hear about any of Simons exploits because there aren't any? So Max creates a few to make him look straighter than straight but in actual fact this has the totally opposite effect :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fair point. Maybe we don't hear about any of Simons exploits because there aren't any? So Max creates a few to make him look straighter than straight but in actual fact this has the totally opposite effect :eek:

as I have said a couple of times in this thread already ... Max's fantasies are created for your average OK and Hello reader. We in this thread may see through the smoke screen but remember, readers of this thread are a very tiny, insignificant part of the population as a whole. Max couldnt care less if we believe his fantasies or not, because his target audience definitely do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shaggy_x wrote: »
    as I have said a couple of times in this thread already ... Max's fantasies are created for your average OK and Hello reader. We in this thread may see through the smoke screen but remember, readers of this thread are a very tiny, insignificant part of the population as a whole. Max couldnt care less if we believe his fantasies or not, because his target audience definitely do.

Yes, point taken :)
  • SpotlightSpotlight Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    Simon doesn't seem to be distressed by having to stay in the closet though. He seems to be having a whale of a time. I think he genuinely likes women and enjoys being surrounded by them.....even if it is (probably) just a platonic thing.

I'd be having a whale of a time too if I had all the money he has! :D

Plus, I know many gay men who enjoy being surrounded by women and most of their friends are women.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone actually see Louis Walsh on Grahm Norton?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shaggy_x wrote: »

Max's methods in this day and age feel very outdated. Max is very old school and thinks "beautiful, exotic(non-white) ladies=very straight, liberal man" but if said client hates the woman he's linked with then the whole thing falls apart. The camera never lies Simon's uncomfortable body language around Kerching is far more distracting than her new boobies.

If Max wants to create sham relationships then at least link his clients with people they don't hate. Kerching isn't going anywhere; she's got a lot of **** on her cash cow and if she spilt all it would be very messy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Braintree wrote: »

If Max wants to create sham relationships then at least link his clients with people they don't hate. Kerching isn't going anywhere; she's got a lot of **** on her cash cow and if she spilt all it would be very messy.

:eek:
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,948
    Forum Member
    It amazes me how often Max Clifford bangs on about the need to 'protect' gay clients from the media, he seems to be still living in the sixties.

It's as if he feels his clients have to demonstrate they are hetrosexual at every opportunity.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's on Graham's NYE show tonight, BBC1 from 22.40 UK time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another work of fiction by the Mirror

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2010/12/31/inside-take-that-s-private-barbados-party-115875-22816662/

I don't know what is funnier, the implication that Simon actually danced with Mezhgan(or anyone), or that they were "monitored" by Sinitta. Next there will be a pool fight between Mezhgan and Sinitta.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP. Are you saying Simon Cowell is a crafty butcher?
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Louis said on the show that Simon will never marry "as he is in love with himself".

"There is no wedding" he added.........you can't get much clearer than that.