Is it time for Shirley to Leave Eastenders

ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,931
Forum Member
So what do we think, has Shirley had her day?

Should Shirley Leave for good? 291 votes

Yes
53%
SULLAnumacdandallthatjazz[Deleted User]GaryWalkerSteveOwenDeschanel[Deleted User]LaneKent[Deleted User]B*witched[Deleted User]SecretLifeoBees[Deleted User][Deleted User]mossy2103jamesc_715[Deleted User]bass55[Deleted User] 156 votes
No
46%
HowardMirageGilashBathshebaSelenaMarkynottsOff_the_hook13John Doughpegasus2haphashmonalisa62003valdsajanTheCowSeenBeansicefall[Deleted User]Cody1bluebell smileEnJayKing[Deleted User] 135 votes

Comments

• ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,931
    Forum Member
    Yes
    Poll should now be up....
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,845
    Forum Member
    No
    i think she has another couple of years left in her. wait till ben comes back and then kill her off.

but i do think she'll help lola get lexi back and then leave.
    Forum Member
    Yes
    I can't see Ben returning anytime soon. Shirley will eb a distant memory by the time he does return.
    Forum Member
    No
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    I can't see Ben returning anytime soon. Shirley will eb a distant memory by the time he does return.

2014. he got 4 years so he could be out in two.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,980
    Forum Member
    No
    No. She's one of the best characters/actresses on the show, just criminally underused. They should give her more scenes with Denise, now Zainab has gone, and bring back Carly full time. Then have her tell Roxy about the stolen 20K which she and Roxy would try to get back from Phil.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Yes
    i voted yea..shes more in the background now
    Forum Member
    Yes
    2014. he got 4 years so he could be out in two.

Don't confuse Bens sentencing with him returning to the square. he doesn't have to return to walford when he's been released from prison.
    Forum Member
    No
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    i voted yea..shes more in the background now

thats only down to the writing. most scenes she has had recently people seem to enjoy (with bianca/liam )
    Forum Member
    No
    Don't confuse Bens sentencing with him returning to the square. he doesn't have to return to walford when he's been released from prison.

i cant see them not bringing ben back
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,691
    Forum Member
    The gutter beckons for the sick, sad, bitter, lonely, desperate two bit lush.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    No
    It depends what they have in store for her. With Zainab gone she could develop her friendship with Denise, then their is Jean and Carol who could both do with friends. She's such a good actress it would be a shame to lose her.
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    She's probably the most hardfaced badtempered aggressive characters EE have ever produced. She goes on the attack too much and makes things worst for herself.:mad:

Her time is long over.
    Forum Member
    Yes
    No. She's one of the best characters/actresses on the show, just criminally underused. They should give her more scenes with Denise, now Zainab has gone, and bring back Carly full time. Then have her tell Roxy about the stolen 20K which she and Roxy would try to get back from Phil.

Didn't Roxy get her money back when Phil planted it on Glenda?
    Forum Member
    No
    vald wrote: »
    It depends what they have in store for her. With Zainab gone she could develop her friendship with Denise, then their is Jean and Carol who could both do with friends. She's such a good actress it would be a shame to lose her.

she should be mixed in with bianca/kat too. she can work with both of those characters separately
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Yes
    I voted 'Yes' Her time is well and truly over.
    Forum Member
    Yes
    i cant see them not bringing ben back

I can see them waiting a long while though, what with the recent issues with Joshua they would no doubt recast anyway and I think another recast this soon just wouldn't work. Besides where could they take the character?

I think Louise will return before Ben does.
  • jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,498
    Forum Member
    Yes
    i think she has another couple of years left in her. wait till ben comes back and then kill her off.

but i do think she'll help lola get lexi back and then leave.

I thought Shirley was your favourite character?? And you want her to be killed off??
    Forum Member
    No
    I can see them waiting a long while though, what with the recent issues with Joshua they would no doubt recast anyway and I think another recast this soon just wouldn't work. Besides where could they take the character?

i think theres still plenty left for ben. they should kill shirley off after he comes back and it would be a way of bringing them closer together with sharon back in the mix after she finds out the truth about dennis's death

he has a daughter now so he would come back for her.
    jamesc_715 wrote: »
    I thought Shirley was your favourite character?? And you want her to be killed off??

it would be the best exit for her. IMO if shes not gonna come back ever then i want a big exit not a taxi or tube
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, I don't see the point of her now.
  • Akane TendoAkane Tendo Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    mo mouse wrote: »
    The gutter beckons for the sick, sad, bitter, lonely, desperate two bit lush.

Well said mo. ;)
    Forum Member
    Yes
    If they do kill Shirley off, they should have her die sad and alone in her flat without anyone realising as payback for the fact she walked out on her children.
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes

They wouldn't recast, Joshua made his mark but he won't be back anytime soon
    Forum Member
    No
    Well said mo. ;)

shirley has only got drunk on NYE since she returned so how does that make sense? :confused:
    Forum Member
    Yes
    IanMandy wrote: »
    They wouldn't recast, Joshua made his mark but he won't be back anytime soon

I could see them possibly recasting in about ten years time but they certainly won't do it within the next two years. Phil needs to move on from Ben.
  • Akane TendoAkane Tendo Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    shirley has only got drunk on NYE since she returned so how does that make sense? :confused:

Did I say anything about drinking? No! She belongs in the gutter.