Options

The Good Wife Season 6 - UK Discussion Only (No Spoilers))

Comments

• Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,511
    Forum Member
    Normandie wrote: »
    I find her a bit worthy and dull sometimes

I found the whole 'client misunderstanding' plot this week irritating (and unrealistic - surely Alicia, Cary and Diane know each other better than that) and while it has served to (apparently) drive a wedge between the firm and Alicia, I don't particularly want to watch Alicia start over. It feels like we've been there and done that. Yawn.

Just bolding that bit to agree and to say that I was amazed that the new Republican client guy seems to hold a lot a power over Diane and Cary all of a sudden (forget David Lee he is just mercenary). Surely they would have other powerful clients that would want Alicia back?

To me it seems to be setting up for the next series where Alicia becomes Bishop's lawyer again and it will take up most of the next series/
    Either that or she and the sorely missed Elsbeth Tassioni join up together.............?
  • Options
    NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    To me it seems to be setting up for the next series where Alicia becomes Bishop's lawyer again and it will take up most of the next series

Either that or she and the sorely missed Elsbeth Tassioni join up together.............?
    1) Gods, I hope not. :D

2) Did you see the episode where Tassioni's character got trashed (imo) because she was obsessed by the Kyle MacLachlan character and was being distracted by photos of penguins and seeing wallpaper come to life? The charm of Elspeth was her off-the-wall-ness... but I didn't need the wallpaper to join her. ;-)

The Patti character would work as a partner... Finn is too dull and worthy...
  • Options
    amelia_leeamelia_lee Posts: 11,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »
    1) Gods, I hope not. :D

2) Did you see the episode where Tassioni's character got trashed (imo) because she was obsessed by the Kyle MacLachlan character and was being distracted by photos of penguins and seeing wallpaper come to life? The charm of Elspeth was her off-the-wall-ness... but I didn't need the wallpaper to join her. ;-)

The Patti character would work as a partner... Finn is too dull and worthy...

I LOVED Elspeth before that episode, they completely lost who she was in that one and left me not wanting her back on if they were to do that again.

The antics in last weeks episode I found silly really.
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do hope that we get to see Elsbeth Tassioni again and that she is back to her old best. I also love the character (Nancy?) played by Mamie Gummer. The way she tries to play the judges is very funny. I'm not as mad about the Patti character.

I too find Finn a bit dull and worthy. There is no chemistry between him and Alicia that I can see.

I also hope that Bishop gets his come-uppance. I am tired of his bad boy act now. I can also do without seeing the hammy Colin Sweeney ever again too.

I also think that Eli worked best when he was working with Peter and getting on Alicia's wick. This last series with him working with Alicia just didn't do it for me.

In an ideal world I would like to see Alicia back working with Diane and Cary, doing the legal stuff again. But I don't think that will happen. I just hope that series 7 is not based around her writing her memoirs with a ghost writer. That would be too awful for words.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this the scene in the bar with Kalinda and Alicia done in flashback everyone is talking about?
  • Options
    Eques_99Eques_99 Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    It really was a bit silly the way that Finn just randomly swanned into the court room, co-incidentally just at the moment the dodgy ID was being discussed, and that of course he just happened to know of some information relating to it from his time at the DA's Office.

It's things like that turn me off a show if there is too many of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is this the scene in the bar with Kalinda and Alicia done in flashback everyone is talking about?

No, from what I have read about that scene it takes place in the present, not a flashback.

Still, the one last night was ludicrous.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Eques_99 wrote: »
    It really was a bit silly the way that Finn just randomly swanned into the court room, co-incidentally just at the moment the dodgy ID was being discussed, and that of course he just happened to know of some information relating to it from his time at the DA's Office.

It's things like that turn me off a show if there is too many of them.
    But my Kalinda finding evidence, in the nick of time...every week, {how are they going to win any cases anymore} is OK.

Thought last nights episode was very good, with the old case - more Amber please - and Alicia, working from home....again.

No Eli - :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stansfield wrote: »
    But my Kalinda finding evidence, in the nick of time...every week, {how are they going to win any cases anymore} is OK.

:(

At least that was down to Kalinda's skills as an investigator rather than ludicrous co-incidence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed it. Alicia is so much more enjoyable as a character when she is in Court trying cases.

Good to see her connecting with Zack too. Personally, much as I have enjoyed him in the past I think Eli was overplayed this series. He became a plot devise.

I liked Amber too.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed it. Alicia is so much more enjoyable as a character when she is in Court trying cases.

Good to see her connecting with Zack too. Personally, much as I have enjoyed him in the past I think Eli was overplayed this series. He became a plot devise.

I liked Amber too.
    Didn't Alicia turn his bedroom....into her new office.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Didn't Alicia turn his bedroom....into her new office.:o

Yes, she did :D

I am sure she will turn it back into his bedroom before he comes home - I hope so, anyway!!

She is bound to find some snazzy new office space soon enough :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, she did :D

I am sure she will turn it back into his bedroom before he comes home - I hope so, anyway!!

She is bound to find some snazzy new office space soon enough :cool:

Is the office space above Lockhart, Argos and thingy still vacant?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is the office space above Lockhart, Argos and thingy still vacant?

Possibly. That would make for interesting chats in the lifts!!

Or she could go back to the warehouse building either?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Possibly. That would make for interesting chats in the lifts!!

Or she could go back to the warehouse building either?

It's funny the way these companies can just move from one office space to another at the drop of a hat when of course in real life with leases and contracts signed this wouldn't happen.
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Poor end to a terrible season.

And that ending? No, no, no!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Poor end to a terrible season.

And that ending? No, no, no!

It was a weird ending. Canning made a miraculous recovery. I thought he was at deaths door last time he appeared. Was that scene in the bar between Alicia and Kalinda really filmed separately or is that just Internet gossip? Did the actors really hate each other that much?
  • Options
    amelia_leeamelia_lee Posts: 11,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a weird ending. Canning made a miraculous recovery. I thought he was at deaths door last time he appeared. Was that scene in the bar between Alicia and Kalinda really filmed separately or is that just Internet gossip? Did the actors really hate each other that much?

Archie said something like you'd have to ask the producers, which pretty much means yes, otherwise you would say yes we were together and that would be the end of it.

I really disliked this episode and it made me cringe at times.
    I don't buy into her and Flynn and some of it just felt like it was filmed quickly. I don't know, it just wasn't great.

God knows what magic tonic Canning's been on!
  • Options
    bel110bel110 Posts: 14,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last scene was a bit strange but overall I thought the episode was good. The last two episodes focusing on the law have been much better. It´s a shame that the majority of this season was taken up with what amounted to pointless policital debate and endless campaigning stories. If it was filmed seperately then the full shots during the Kalinda and Alicia scene were very well done ... it was a good scene actually, made all the better ironically because they hadn´t shared a scene in so long.

Well here´s hoping next season is back to the law although not really looking forward to Canning ( and or Alicia and Canning ) V Lockhart, Argos and Lee ...
  • Options
    janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    Well I enjoyed it. The end of the last series was better as it had Eli but a Revengeful Canning is a good second.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I see Finn won't be a regular next year. Can't say I'm sad to see him go.

I have no doubt Peter will still fun for (Vice) President next year, so it's good that he'll be back to being the political one. but Alicia being away from the law firm, and possibly working with Canning, has me wishing the show would have just finished this year. Season 6 was a complete mess from start-to-finish.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was that scene in the bar between Alicia and Kalinda really filmed separately or is that just Internet gossip?

Here's the truth behind that scene - a lot of trickery was involved.

http://tvline.com/2015/05/15/good-wife-alicia-kalinda-finale-scene-julianna-margulies-archie-panjabi/
  • Options
    RickyLeeds85RickyLeeds85 Posts: 11,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoyed the season finale although it didnt feel much like one. Nice final scene between Alicia and Kalinda even if it was shot seperately.

What happened to Robyn this season? She has barely been in it, hope she us featured more next season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What happened to Robyn this season? She has barely been in it, hope she us featured more next season.

She hasn't been seen since the second or third episode this season. Can't imagine she'll be back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure I like the idea of Alicia and Canning being partners, I would prefer Elsbeth.

But I hope it means that Alicia at least is back to being a lawyer again. the political stuff just did not work. Probably the worst series of TGW to date, for me.

I think I would have just pulled the plug on it, to be honest.