Options

The Hotel..Ch4..8pm..

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I look at Christian and he reminds me of the Aussie cricketer Shane who Liz Hurley is going out with.You keep looking and try to work out what and how he has had done badly. With regards the "Free" wedding for the great unwashed:eek: I would have thought Christian,Mark and Chef with a very small C would have had a meeting and costed the whole thing,But all these things would happen in "real" life but would not make good television. Looking at the breakfast on the very small plate,No wonder they have to order hundreds of loo rolls :D I think eating all those hash browns which she loads into that large "make-up" bag has made motor mouth Alison's eyebrows drop off :eek:
  • Options
    googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I look at Christian and he reminds me of the Aussie cricketer Shane who Liz Hurley is going out with.You keep looking and try to work out what and how he has had done badly.

More orange paint than the Ronseal man, and generally tried to look about 20 years younger than he is, and failed, rather than grow distinguished gracefully?

Good news - I thought there was only one episode left but there's two.
  • Options
    Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    googleking wrote: »
    More orange paint than the Ronseal man, and generally tried to look about 20 years younger than he is, and failed, rather than grow distinguished gracefully?

....and the black hair dye. So badly applied you can see it on his scalp through the thinning parts of his hair. :eek: :D
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pianoforte wrote: »
    and hasn't updated his wardrobe, his suits look like tents on him.

He probably can't afford to!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David1964 wrote: »
    Has anyone else found this last series of The Hotel increasingly uncomfortable to watch?
    Don't get me wrong, for me it has been compulsive viewing and it has been heavily edited in order to make it an 'enternaintment' programme. However as the demise of the hotel was well documented before the series panned out, I feel I am tuning in to witness the inevitable self distruction of a man (Mark) who must surely have been a credible businessman at some point, now running around his hotel like a headless chicken stumbling from one avoidable disaster to another.
    I feel sorry for him at times, then frustrated at the sheer incompetence of himself and his staff.
    Mark does seem a likeable person, I wish him good luck for the future, as mentioned an appearance in a reality show like CBB would be good :D

don't be so sure about the 'credible business man' part! alot of people that own businesses are chancers! the true test is having a successful ongoing business! you can keep going on loans/overdrafts/credit for so long but you need cash continually coming in to sustain any business!
  • Options
    joel turcottejoel turcotte Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm almost certain this is new thing with him! I don't remember him saying it like that in the last series!

I am trying to find the time to re-watch the last series on 4OD, so far he hasn't mentioned The Grosvenor, maybe somebody watching for the first time could pop back and tell us ?
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    googleking wrote: »

How old is he ?, late 50's early 60's. :confused:

All that fake tan and hair dye does not even make him look like he is in his forties.
  • Options
    WhyMe?WhyMe? Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Have I missed a bit? Does anyone know where Christian is working now?

If I were his new boss I'd be a bit worried after seeing that last show... offering duck when he didn't have to and not setting down any guest numbers for that freebie weddng... not really the actions of a professional.
  • Options
    bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WhyMe? wrote: »
    Have I missed a bit? Does anyone know where Christian is working now?

If I were his new boss I'd be a bit worried after seeing that last show... offering duck when he didn't have to and not setting down any guest numbers for that freebie weddng... not really the actions of a professional.
    He hosts drag karoke nights in a pub in Torquay and recently tweeted to say that he makes a guest appearance in the last episode of The Hotel!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    I am trying to find the time to re-watch the last series on 4OD, so far he hasn't mentioned The Grosvenor, maybe somebody watching for the first time could pop back and tell us ?

I'm working through it and he does say it.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christian has just posted on FB that he's engaged :)
  • Options
    gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member

Like a lavatory.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gkmacca wrote: »
    Like a lavatory.

Its a bit weird really.....it says:

"Christian Scott-Lee is engaged to Mark Scott-Lee"

Amazing they have the same surname :D
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    matchmaker wrote: »
    A sort of "Anti Hotel Inspector"? :D

He could do a show helping some hotel owners with their people skills. I think it could be quite funny. Maybe he could start with Louis from last week's Four In A Bed.
  • Options
    joel turcottejoel turcotte Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm working through it and he does say it.

Ah right...So Mark says it more or less from the beginning, not just something for the latest episodes.
    Thanks. :)
  • Options
    LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Its a bit weird really.....it says:

"Christian Scott-Lee is engaged to Mark Scott-Lee"

Amazing they have the same surname :D

Is he related to the other Scott_Lee's ;) Andy and Lisa
  • Options
    Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He seems to have been dumped by his last bloke only last summer, so he didn't waste any time getting some other poor sod did he?
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will be on soon, hope they show dolphin racing tonight.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the penulitimate episode of the series....
  • Options
    InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    What happens in the last show if the hotel gets sold in this show
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InTheLoop wrote: »

Not sure....but Mark said on FB earlier "get the tissues ready" for tonight's show....so who knows???
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what about the toilet roll mountain?:confused:
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    InTheLoop wrote: »

They blow it up as an 'act of mercy'.:p:o