cliff michael ball & daniel o'donnell ambigious sexuality

sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
Forum Member
✭✭✭
are they gay straight or bi all have big female audiences and are all rumoured to be gay is it ok to have a fantasy image even if it's not the truth or should they just come out?.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Why do they have to come out, I couldn't give a rats... Freddie was gay straight and bi and some point in his life, didn't bother anybody one jot, and he kept his terminal illness secret and nobody thought less of him
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who cares.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Try the Shift key, OP, otherwise who cares!
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Their sexuality is only 'ambiguous' because they have kept their private lives private. Not every celeb feels the need to **** every aspect of their lives to the media.
  • ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe I'm being particularly naïve, but am I the only one who doesn't think their careers would take a huge hit if they were gay? If Cliff were to come out (I don't actually think he's gay btw) would that really impact his popularity? He's one of the biggest music stars this country's produced, I fail to see how being gay will take away from that. :confused::confused:

It's not like any of them are pin-up boybanders with pre-teen fan bases. Most adults are a little more mature.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With a combined age of I76, that's what I call a threesome.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Conehead wrote: »

Hahaha! Sanatogen and swarfiga at the ready! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We all know they are, if you want my opinion I think its a dis-service to the gay community and to their fans living dishonestly.

Just my take on it.

Cliff is near enough out anyway. He's lived with a man for years for god's sake, are people that naive?
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MJS wrote: »
    Who cares.

+ 1 million.

It legitimately baffles me that people care so much about anyone's sexuality they'd create threads about it, and post hundreds or thousands of messages on the subject as I have witnessed often in the Showbiz/X Factor/Music forums. :confused:
  • Yorkie47Yorkie47 Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conehead wrote: »

Believe it or not, they weren't always the age they are now!

Cliff has been a star since he was about 18 and was a heartthrob for young girls in his day, plus he has had a big female following all his life.

Likewise, Michael Ball was a heartthrob for a more mature female audience and, again, has a large mainly female audience.

John Barrowman has a big female audience and if you've ever been to one of his concerts you'd know that women of all ages couldn't care less that their favourite singer is gay. He's a handsome man, women like him, they're not bothered who he likes!

So, although everyone is entitled to keep their private lives private if that is what they wish, should Michael, Cliff et al decide to come out of the closet, I doubt it would do their careers any harm at all.

I guess you'd get the odd bigot who'd turn against them but I think the number would be insignificant. (And they wouldn't be missed in any case, good riddance.)
  • PenelopePopcornPenelopePopcorn Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    I do think some of Cliff's Christian fans would be less than happy if he came out - even though he lives with an ex-priest. However, as others have said, it's a personal decision to make - but in an ideal world there wouldn't be any need to stay in the closet.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daniel (I should have been strangled at birth), is married has been for a number of years now. She is from one of the eastern block countries. He seems to attract older' yer mammy' type fans. I would rather jump head first into my own vomit than have to listen to him.
  • incy wincyincy wincy Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cliff has quite a big Christian fan-base and isn't Daniel O'Donnel Irish? I'm not saying that all Christians and Irish people are homophobic but I think there is less 'tolerance' amongst certain Christians and certain parts of Ireland. So they might think that they'd lose fans if they came out. That's if they are gay, of course, I don't know enough either way.

As for the 'who cares?' brigade, I think it is important for gay celebrities as a group to come out and be visible in the public eye, it's all to do with people being able to see gay people are normal and just like everyone else. However, that doesn't detract from an individual's right to privacy so we can't say they all 'should' come out. Would be good if more of them felt they could.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sparkle22 wrote: »
    are they gay straight or bi all have big female audiences and are all rumoured to be gay is it ok to have a fantasy image even if it's not the truth or should they just come out?.

cliff michael ball and daniel o'donnell ambiguous sexuality

I saw the thread header and thought this was a 'tour dates' announcement for their new band.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thing is, if Cliff did come out, it would be admitting he'd lived a lie hitherto, as he's previously denied it. His pride might not let him do that.
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael Ball although not married lives with Cathy McGowan the 60's mod girl who presented Ready Steady Go... there were plenty of pics of them on his website the last time i looked!.... :cool:

So i doubt that he is gay!......
  • PenelopePopcornPenelopePopcorn Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »

I saw the thread header and thought this was a 'tour dates' announcement for their new band.

Brilliant :D:D:D
  • LucyconLucycon Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    mklass wrote: »
    Michael Ball although not married lives with Cathy McGowan the 60's mod girl who presented Ready Steady Go... there were plenty of pics of them on his website the last time i looked!.... :cool:

So i doubt that he is gay!......

Elton John was married at one time, so him living with Cathy McGowan means nothing really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »

I saw it and thought who is cliff michael ball?.... it wasn't until i was reading the thread and someone mentioned 'Cliff' that i realised it was two people!.....:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucycon wrote: »
    Elton John was married at one time, so him living with Cathy McGowan means nothing really.

True, but!... i think they have been together a lot of years not like Elton John whose marriage was over in no time at all....
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparkle22 wrote: »

Why should that mean that they could be homosexuals?
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since they already keep that side of their lives very private, however they choose to conduct their personal relationships is of no consequence to anyone else, because nobody really knows. The rumours have gone on for so long that I don't think there is any great appetite to make a fuss over it.

If a person doesn't wish to 'come out' (if there is indeed anything to 'come out' about) then that is up to them. They do not have a 'duty' to become some kind of spokesman on the subject.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Why should that mean that they could be homosexuals?

You have misinterpreted that post. :) Sparkle22 is stating as a fact that they have large female fanbases, not giving it as a reason for why they might be gay. Hiis/her post is querying whether or not it might be regarded as a deception if it were the case that all three are gay.
  • Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    Daniel (I should have been strangled at birth), is married has been for a number of years now. She is from one of the eastern block countries. He seems to attract older' yer mammy' type fans. I would rather jump head first into my own vomit than have to listen to him.

What is an eastern block country?

Daniel makes me want to vomit too, when he is onstage. But is quite nice in real life.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    donna255 wrote: »

Daniel O'Donnell is married?
    He strikes me as asexual. There's not a sexual bone in his body.