VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    NWUK's version of the Ninja Killer
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this filmed in Northern Ireland? There seem to be a lot of Northern Ireland contestants
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The constant cutting to the crowd is doing my head in.
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "There's no problem with the little jerk"

Oh Matron.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the original, the first stage was an "against the clock" thing, so no time to stop and pose for the audience. As to this version, I gave it 30mins and too bored to continue. Only one serious contestant. Too glossy, preferred the outdoor nature of the other course.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Espresso wrote: »
    Is this filmed in Northern Ireland? There seem to be a lot of Northern Ireland contestants

Filmed in Manchester so it shouldn't be too difficult for people from NI to get there
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    What we need is good injury to spice things up :blush::D
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    The constant cutting to the crowd is doing my head in.

agree with this
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ha! That jump to the net and miss was quite funny.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    In the original, the first stage was an "against the clock" thing, so no time to stop and pose for the audience. As to this version, I gave it 30mins and too bored to continue. Only one serious contestant. Too glossy, preferred the outdoor nature of the other course.

That didn't stop Levi Meuwenberg the American free-runner from posing a bit on the first stage of Ninja Warrior and he regularly got through.
  • Options
    hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wish this was filmed outside. These things just seem to have more atmosphere when outside, like the original NW shows and other similar shows made.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is against the clock; I think quite a few egos are taking part hence the posing.
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,277
    Forum Member
    His NW gym didn't prepare him for that. :D
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    Both the platforms and mushrooms can be taken at speed but you need the balance to get through both. They're probably easier to take at speed - particularly the mushrooms.

Unless your very tall, those first platform things look to far apart to be able to do in one go:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What happens when you get to the end, do you go on to do a different course ?
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some really dodgy audio at times as if fake crowd sounds are being added over the footage.
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »

You get to press a big red button :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    It's very like Total Wipe out, I'm really enjoying it so far to be fair
    The original Ninja Warrior is the total opposite to Wipeout.
    Wipeout - audience desires failure, cheers them falling and revells in their defeat.
    NinjaWarriorJapan - audience, along with the other contestants, cheer on the current person on the course, everyone wanting everyone else to do the best they can (apart from the odd fun entry of course).
    NWUK is no NWJ and doesn't look like it wants to be even close to it. NWUK and WipeoutUK could be siblings. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I think in the next round the course has some added obstacles
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To make the show more interesting, they could sing while they are swinging on the curtains.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well done, here's your prize, a big red button to press
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    NWUK is no NWJ and doesn't look like it wants to be even close to it. NWUK and WipeoutUK could be siblings. >:(

I think NWUK is more like ANW than NWJ
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What we need is good injury to spice things up :blush::D

:D:D:D:D

I'm pleasantly surprised actually that in safety obsessed nanny state GB, they've not made them put helmets, knee and elbow pads on. Or even a full suit of armour:p.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iiuc there are 3 courses. Those that complete this stage go on to try the next one next time.

btw: going by the set methinks they should call this GladiatorUK rather than NinjaWarriorUK.
  • Options
    bikerladbikerlad Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some shots show lots of empty seats, then other shots show it all full. :confused: