Options

Are you on social media?

SpaceCakeSpaceCake Posts: 297
Forum Member
Are you on things like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, etc.? I only have an Instagram account that I've set to private.

Comments

• Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    SpaceCake wrote: »
    Are you on things like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, etc.? I only have an Instagram account that I've set to private.

Twitter which I hardly use, instagram, same as twitter

Only signed up for competition purposes

Got rid of facebook
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None. Must admit I enjoy the thread on DS re idiotic Facebook comments (although it makes me steer clear of FB and the likes even more so).
  • Options
    David_HillDavid_Hill Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Use Twitter to tweet about shows im watching and the others to post status's and pics of what im up to.
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Facebook and Twitter.

But I've never been able to get my head round Twitter. It's a bit of a mystery to me, tbh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am the world's worst facebook addict. :blush: I literally hare downstairs at about 6 in the morning to see who has done what since I last looked at 11pm the day before.
  • Options
    Waj_100Waj_100 Posts: 3,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Facebook, mainly to share my photos with other photographers in groups I belong to and to keep in touch with family and friends.
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No not any more. I couldn't handle the constant updates of people being promoted, getting engaged, getting married, having children one/two/three, constant updates of what everyone was doing/what they were cooking for dinner etc, child used the potty etc when I am not at that stage of my life yet. I wish all my family, friends, friends from university the best though but it is way overboard at times.

I really don't understand people posting constant selfies and updating about every single thing going on in their life. It just isn't for me.
  • Options
    MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On Twitter, which I quite like and use a fair bit, especially for local stuff, events etc.
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm on Facebook and Twitter. I rarely go on Twitter though, I find it a bit pointless tbh and confusing to read.
  • Options
    spimfspimf Posts: 6,342
    Forum Member
    I use Facebook for family and old friends, ex colleagues etc. Don't often post statuses though and when I do its neutral stuff that isn't particularly interesting but doesn't allow for much insight or evoke potential judgement from in laws etc. Twitter I use for saying things I wouldn't like to post on Facebook, swooning inappropriately over fictional characters, talking about keeping fit etc. Basically shit that gets you Facebook ostracized but is fair game on twitter coz none of my followers are real life people.

Make of that what you will.
  • Options
    AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a LinkedIn account that I occasionally check. I also have a Google+ account but only because I needed it to post to YouTube (I think).

So basically, no.
  • Options
    zedzzedz Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    Use twitter for work and home.

For work following everybody in the industry means you know exactly what's going on, when where who instantly. Couldn't work without it.

Home, follow only celebs to be honest, but do have a few celeb followers which is cool.
  • Options
    Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,372
    Forum Member
    Being up to date with social media is part of my job, so I have an account for basically every platform you can think of :D

Outside of work, I only really use Instagram now, and the messenger service via Facebook.

I was an early adopter of Twitter though, and had a relatively 'glam' job at the time, so amassed over 2,000 followers which I was quite proud of!
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, none of them.
  • Options
    coldcomfortcoldcomfort Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No not any more. I couldn't handle the constant updates of people being promoted, getting engaged, getting married, having children one/two/three, constant updates of what everyone was doing/what they were cooking for dinner etc, child used the potty etc when I am not at that stage of my life yet. I wish all my family, friends, friends from university the best though but it is way overboard at times.

I really don't understand people posting constant selfies and updating about every single thing going on in their life. It just isn't for me.

But greg, I'm not on any other site but know practically everything about you from DS. :confused:
  • Options
    1manonthebog1manonthebog Posts: 3,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a big user up until about a year ago of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. I still have these accounts but have lost interest. I really couldn't give a rats whats going on in others lives any more and have nothing interesting happening in my own to post.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only have an Instagram account that I've set to private.
    I hate ppl like you. So much harder to stalk.
    :kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But greg, I'm not on any other site but know practically everything about you from DS. :confused:

I know it is a bit ridiculous on my part. I can only say that you don't realise from each individual post here just how much information you are sharing. I have realised in the past few days just how much information I have shared on here and will make sure I am more private in future.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do any of you stalk your exes on social media? I think it must be a lot harder to break up in this day and age when you can easily follow what they are getting up to and if they have met someone else. I don't stalk my exes it is better to leave them alone once you have broken up.
  • Options
    VulpesVulpes Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, though I do spend a fair bit of time on twitter, just not with an account.
  • Options
    David_HillDavid_Hill Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do any of you stalk your exes on social media? I think it must be a lot harder to break up in this day and age when you can easily follow what they are getting up to and if they have met someone else. I don't stalk my exes it is better to leave them alone once you have broken up.

I have a couple of friends who do this and just make themselves miserable. I have never been tempted to stalk an ex because I know it'd upset me if i'd just recently broke up with them. One of my exes stalked me on fb before though because they accidently liked a photo i'd put up weeks before lol.
  • Options
    LollytrollLollytroll Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    On Facebook, twitter, Google+ and linkedin. I would get rid of them in a heartbeat as I am not a fan of them, but I need them for work (I do marketing via social media) I don't post personal stuff though.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm on Facebook and Twitter. (Don't use them as much as I used to, though.)
  • Options
    pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    Facebook. I hardly ever post anything though.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Social media is where you get a response straight away or not at all, The modern way.

Message Boards is where you get a reply to your post a hour later, The older way and the best.