whats on Anytime?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 745
Forum Member
✭✭
Simple question, as my partner and I are having Sky+ installed tomorrow. Just what is on Anytime, how frequently is it updated? Are entire series' available (ie, Lost for me!)...?

Comments

• rjmachinrjmachin Posts: 2,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the moment, the are lots of documentaries, movies and entertainment programmes.

Disney's High Schools Musical 2 is currently available in High definition.

Each week, some Premieres are made available in High Definition also.

It is updated on a daily basis (most of the time).

No, entire series are not available. It works differently to Cable VOD. With Sky Anytime, it downloads content onto reserved hard drive space, so there is not enough room for an entire series.

Programmes like Lost were available when the series premiered each week, but have not appeared since. When the new series starts, it will be likely to appear on Anytime.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All sorts of exciting and entertaining programs - duhh :rolleyes: lol
  • 04mattstep04mattstep Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i diden't recieve high school musical 2 on my hd box?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    or any of the sky movies premiere movies?
  • TrevTrev Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They normally have new movies added on Thursday or Friday but for some reason there hasn't been any added since High School Musical 2 a few days ago.

There will probably be some new movies added on Saturday morning.
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    L
    rjmachin wrote: »
    Programmes like Lost were available when the series premiered each week, but have not appeared since. When the new series starts, it will be likely to appear on Anytime.

Actually they have. Prison Break is appewaring in HD. ad and logo free each week, just like Lost did.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    L

Actually they have. Prison Break is appewaring in HD. ad and logo free each week, just like Lost did.

I meant that existing series that were shown at the time of their premieres have not been shown again since.

Prison Break is a new series, and is appearing on Anytime.

I have not seen Lost on Anytime since the end of the last series. This does not mean it has not been there, but i have not seen it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    04mattstep wrote: »
    i diden't recieve high school musical 2 on my hd box?
    04mattstep wrote: »
    or any of the sky movies premiere movies?

This is the problem with Anytime, not everyone gets everything.

Have you ever received any Premiere movies on Anytime in HD?

If not, have you had the HD box for quite a while?

If you have had the HD box for quite a while and you have not received Premiere movies, then there is probably a problem with the software.

I have this problem at first, I was not receiving any new content. To solve it, i turned off Sky Anytime, then unplugged the box for 10 minutes. I then turned the box back on, and turned Sky Anytime back on again. The next morning, I started receiving a load of programmes.
  • james paynejames payne Posts: 4,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've noticed that the content seems to of slowed down again over the last 3 - 4 days.

Received Prison Break & something else on Tuesday. Then only received High School Musical on Wednesday , only Boots n All on Thursday & only Mega Movers today.

There's normally a midweek movie chucked in there somewhere , however not this week..............for me.

Is content drying up again , or is it just me ?

Regards James
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    I've noticed that the content seems to of slowed down again over the last 3 - 4 days.

Received Prison Break & something else on Tuesday. Then only received High School Musical on Wednesday , only Boots n All on Thursday & only Mega Movers today.

There's normally a midweek movie chucked in there somewhere , however not this week..............for me.

Is content drying up again , or is it just me ?

Regards James

I've had exactly the same as you. I think High School Musical 2 counts as your midweek film:(

Anytime is obviously limited to 140GB & there is quite a bit of HD content on there at the minute (5 films for starters) but there's a load of HD films finishing on Saturday so that should free up a lot of space for more stuff to come through.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rjmachin wrote: »
    This is the problem with Anytime, not everyone gets everything.

Have you ever received any Premiere movies on Anytime in HD?

If not, have you had the HD box for quite a while?

If you have had the HD box for quite a while and you have not received Premiere movies, then there is probably a problem with the software.

I have this problem at first, I was not receiving any new content. To solve it, i turned off Sky Anytime, then unplugged the box for 10 minutes. I then turned the box back on, and turned Sky Anytime back on again. The next morning, I started receiving a load of programmes.

i recieved snakes on plane before but that was the only one

and i have had the box for quite a while

i have done what you said and i will see what happen's in the morning

thanks!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' now added in HD
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, me too. This is the one movie I wanted to watch this weekend, so im glad i have got it in HD
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trev wrote: »
    'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' now added in HD

This film is a cut above some of the others !!

Regards James
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This film is a cut above some of the others !!

Regards James

But this must be the edited edition. I'm sure they have cut a lot out! :eek::):D

It's been on before on the 'Chopping Channel' :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talladega Nights is on mine also in HD
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wolfbridge wrote: »
    Talladega Nights is on mine also in HD

And this is where Anytime becomes very bloody annoying , as I haven't got this one.

Oh the inconsistency......

Regards James
    Forum Member
    I got Talladega Nights on mine but I did delete some films the night before. Does anyone know that if you free up space on Anytime does that mean more programmes get downloaded?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Hi I had a new PVR3 installed yesterday..when can I expect some anytime options on it?? Nothing overnight last night.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you have the Red Button Anytime option on your Sky Guide, then it will take a couple of days for programmes to start downloading.

If you don't have the Red Button yet, then don't worry, because it should appear in a few days.

Also, check to see if anytime is turned on. This is in Services > Anytime TV
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    London to Brighton SD till 13.10
    The Object of my Affection HD till 11.10
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So that's T Nights & London to Brighton that Sky have refused to download to my box.

Good this service eh

Regards James
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    have to tell you that i got my sky HD box 8 days ago. maybe i got stuff faster because there was nothing on the HD.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wolfbridge wrote: »
    have to tell you that i got my sky HD box 8 days ago. maybe i got stuff faster because there was nothing on the HD.

Could be a reason , however who knows.

My personal take is the fact that the download & delivery system is still a complete shambles , even after 6 months of the service.

Surely the only thing Sky need to distinguish , is whether it's the SD or HD version that's sent to the respective box. Programmes are sent at the same time , which Sky originally stated was the early hours. They even then said that the same programmes are sent a further 2 times during the day , allowing for it to reach your box the 2nd or 3rd time , should it not the first time. This quite clearly does not happen.

I also don't think it has anything to do with the amount of disc space you have on the Anytime part of your disc. Ok it makes sense that the more HD films/programmes you have , the less programmes you have downloaded , due to HD taking up more space. What is wrong , & what Sky still continue to mess up , is the fact that the same HD programmes vanish due to ' Last Chance ' on each persons box , however the space it then creates for delivery of new content is totally inconsistent.

I had the same programmes as everyone else disappear Saturday & today , however I haven't received T Nights or London to Brighton. The behavior of my box (as some Sky CS would like you to think) also has nothing to do with it. I very very rarely record anything after midnight (certainly not this weekend) & my box is always manually switched into standby , therefore allowing both tuners to be free

I seriously doubt I'd of watched either programme , however this is not the point as Sky certainly don't know this.

6 months is a while for there to be no s/ware update to this Anytime feature. Hopefully there will be one soon to iron out these problems , alongside a dedicated HD Premier Movie channel.

Sorry for the rant (I realise there are far more important & pressing matters going on in the world)..........Spurs actually winning a game being the most !!!:o

Regards James
    Forum Member
    I've had T.Nights delivered but not London To Brighton although if it isn't in HD I'm not too fussed. I have had The Object Of My Affection in HD delivered to Anytime in the last 24 hours though!