Options

Bluetooth Question

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
Forum Member
Hey im just wondering if anyone knows why my phone needs to enter a passcode as does the other persons phone before i can send them an item through Bluetooth? but my mates phone which is a new Lg you dont have to enter the code? you can just send people items?

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    usually a setting in the bluetooth setup. Look for something liek "secure mode"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    as already mentioned above and the default is usually 0000, not a good idea to wander around nowdays with software like BT Info and other software which can connect and make out going calls through your phone, read your phone book and texts and change your settings !

best to have a code
  • Options
    prkingprking Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    There is no default code, the sender and receiver have to enter a one-time code. The only exceptions to this should be:
    Bluetooth headsets etc where the code is fixed (It is often 000 or 1234).
    Two devices which have been paired and then set as authorised on both devices.

Anything else is amazingly insecure and I would be surprised if a modern pone allowed an un-paired device access without a pass code.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    default bluetooth codes are 0000 ! sorry to contradict you :D if someone asks you to send them something then it ask's for a code its 0000 on everything i have come upon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree ... with prking.

0000 is used for devices that usually have no UI to enter a code.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i have samsungs / nokias / and sony phones and if anyone wants to send a file or visa versa its 0000 on all these phones
    so if anyone wants to send files across BT phones and it asks for a code on its UI/Screen its 0000.
  • Options
    Adam DAdam D Posts: 5,124
    Forum Member
    prking is right

there is no default code for bluetooth when sending phone to phone or in some cases pc. if one phone enters 6767 in their phone and the one connecting also enters 6767 it connects.

In most cases i just use 1 when connecting with people

only devices such as headsets or whatever have a code, normally 1234 or 0000 but this would be in the user manual
  • Options
    prkingprking Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    That's right. Its a one-time passcode not a PIN or password. It doesn't matter what both parties enter as long as it is the same. As you say you can use a single digit or your phone number!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hypnotist wrote: »
    i have samsungs / nokias / and sony phones and if anyone wants to send a file or visa versa its 0000 on all these phones
    so if anyone wants to send files across BT phones and it asks for a code on its UI/Screen its 0000.
    Sorry but that is 100% wrong. There is not a single Nokia phone with a default Bluetooth code. I have never seen any SE, either with this.

It'll only be 0000 if you decide to type that into both phones !!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The default code is four stars :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ok i put me hand up its not 0000 then and i will never mention it again ? promise
  • Options
    Red RobboRed Robbo Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    TeaCosy wrote: »
    The default code is four stars :D

I have to agree with this. I get 4 stars as well ;)

PMSL