Solo Gary Barlow VS Solo Geri Halliwell

191011121315»

Comments

• gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Attia_Ash wrote: »
    Well said.

This is getting tragic and embarrassing for poor Geri.

Might I add Kenny, the times you were referring too was when she atleast sold singles as god knows she could not shift copies of her 2nd and 3rd albums in the UK.

Bleat on as much as you want. As most of us have said, you spin facts like water out of a tap. No one takes you seriously. Geri has class, you however are doing nothing but provoking people to be negative. It's not Geri's fault, it's all entirely yours. I'm surprised you have the time for so much front,

I'l enjoy everything Geri has to bring.

I won't waste my time bumping up these silly deluded embarrassing threads anymore. Kenny trying to force an artist who has sold next to nothing album wise in the UK, an artist who is just not relevant and has no chance whatsoever of hitting the UK charts again...

Sorry Geri. I love her. I'm not deluded though...

i would actually be curious see read her reaction to some of the posts on this thread.:D tweeting her wasn't a bad idea, she doesn't have that many followers and i am sure she would be horrified to read some of the delusions posted here in places. i am sure when piers morgan said on life stories about her 12 million record sales, she seemed rather evasive and non committal about the statistics...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    i would actually be curious see read her reaction to some of the posts on this thread.:D tweeting her wasn't a bad idea, she doesn't have that many followers and i am sure she would be horrified to read some of the delusions posted here in places. i am sure when piers morgan said on life stories about her 12 million record sales, she seemed rather evasive and non committal about the statistics...

I did watch the interview, and I did notice her evasive rather shy reaction...She clearly wanted to move on. I'm glad you mentioned this, as this was the point I was trying to get across.

This thread would shame her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did watch the interview, and I did notice her evasive rather shy reaction...She clearly wanted to move on.

i don't have twitter, but it wouldn't be a bad idea.:D

yeah, she did look sheepish and she wasn't so shy when acknowledging other accolades during the same interview....
  • kenny12kenny12 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did watch the interview, and I did notice her evasive rather shy reaction...She clearly wanted to move on. I'm glad you mentioned this, as this was the point I was trying to get across.

Geri's always been cautions and mindful about 'bragging' about her succuss.

It's not her style.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i would actually be curious see read her reaction to some of the posts on this thread.:D tweeting her wasn't a bad idea, i am sure she would be horrified to read some of the delusions posted here in places.

Neither of you clearly have ver worked within the entertainment industry..

Do you think Geri was particularlly thrilled when the Chris Evans story 'broke' on the eve of her 'Lift Me Up' release? Geri was mortified but at the end of the day, would she have beaten Emma Bunton to number 1 wthout the hype and attention?

I begrudge making the comparison yet again but Miley Cyrus licking a sledge hammer, prodding Robin Thick in the groin with a foam finger and swinging naked on a wrecking ball are all hardly less shamefull than few social media posts about Geri Halliwell.... :rolleyes:

When are people going to get it? :sleep:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kenny12 wrote: »

neither of us claim to have either looking at both our posts. i still would love to read geri's reaction to some of the posts here.:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm sure you'll recieve a resposnse from someone......... :)

She has almost 300,000 followers...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neither of us claim to have either looking at both our posts. i still would love to read geri's reaction to some of the posts here.:p

Do you think Geri was particularlly thrilled when the Chris Evans story 'broke' on the eve of her 'Lift Me Up' release? Geri was mortified but at the end of the day, would she have beaten Emma Bunton to number 1 wthout the hype and attention?

I begrudge making the comparison yet again but Miley Cyrus licking a sledge hammer, prodding Robin Thick in the groin with a foam finger and swinging naked on a wrecking ball are all hardly less shamefull than few social media posts about Geri Halliwell.... :rolleyes:

Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure you'll recieve a resposnse from someone......... :)

She has almost 300,000 followers...
    Read the post above..

i think you must have confused me for someone interested in your latest rambles.:o i don't have twitter, but i would really be interested in her views of certain fan behaviour in this thread.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think you must have confused me for someone interested in your latest rambles.:o i don't have twitter, but i would really be interested in her views of certain fan behaviour in this thread.:)

again...

:yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Geri Halliwell knows what she is doing" She knows the right people to have around her and always has done.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    again...:yawn:

you really don't get it, do you? nobody is interested in geri's past affairs or how that publicity compares to singers today. people aren't interested in geri full stop. the success (if you consider this a success) :o of this thread is largely based on negative opinion of geri's talent, her fabricated record sales and her dreadful live return. the endless string of comparisons to artists that are relevant are completely hilarious and this thread is by and large, a joke.

whether i or whether anyone else works in the industry is completely irrelevant. we all have unanimously come to the same conclusion and people are tiring of this utterly pointless discussion.
  • iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. This thread should be closed. It's gotten way out of topic. I'm gonna suggest this to a site moderator.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grow up.

how ironic.

like everything else you've come out with in this thread.
    well...everything that wasn't just plain delusional...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iamstrong wrote: »
    I agree. This thread should be closed. It's gotten way out of topic. I'm gonna suggest this to a site moderator.

that would be wonderful :) it's entirely redundant, and very obviously nothing but a desperate shitstirrer attempt at attention. none of the other multiple geri threads (all started and mainly posted in by kenny) even got off the ground. it speaks volumes that it required tactics to make this one happen.
  • iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scamrasc wrote: »
    that would be wonderful :) it's entirely redundant, and very obviously nothing but a desperate shitstirrer attempt at attention. none of the other multiple geri threads (all started and mainly posted in by kenny) even got off the ground. it speaks volumes that it required tactics to make this one happen.
    You should help me suggest it too. I think if the mods see more people express their concern, they will be more than willing to close this flamebait thread :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scamrasc wrote: »

The only teas
  • Sweet7Sweet7 Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I really don't understand is why you seem to be pushing people to dislike Geri... I can understand you wanting to tell people about Geri and show off about her achievements but the way you are going about it is just making everyone turn their backs.

Why can't you accept people have different opinions and offer constructive comments like "Well I can see she might not have sold X amount, but blah blah blah", so people can see you aren't just making it all up.

At the moment this thread is purely based on negativity towards Geri and you seem to be living in some sort of bubble world where you can't see a balanced view of anything. It is slightly worrying how delusional you are and I honestly think if Geri would see this thread she'd think exactly the same as everyone else.

I actually was a fan of Geri a few years back, went to see the Spice Girls reunion tour etc. But I can honestly tell you now that this thread has only made a negative impact on my feelings towards her. At the moment Gary Barlow IS more popular within the UK so people are going to naturally side with him....and then along with all the delusion of sales and you loving the attention just makes everything 10x worse.

"Any publicity is great publicity" - Wrong. There will come a time when an artist loses their shelf life. It will happen to everyone, I mean look at Example, he used to mouth off all the time and was always in the papers and now where is he? Nobody remembers him. Geri has the potential and a chance to comeback to moderate success but she isn't going to get there this way kenny. You could have gotten some fans on board, but you didnt, you've alienated the entire forum from even admitting they are a Geri fan. Even some of the hardcore fans are ashamed to post in the appreciation forum.
This discussion has been closed.