"Second is Jessie J, and she likes... the limelight."

2»

Comments

• fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    Jayma wrote: »
    Similar to Jessie's comment to Danny about wearing denim then?

yes, similar to that. They are like warring siblings
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    fefster wrote: »
    yes, similar to that. They are like warring siblings

Although they're both grown adults, who appear to be able to give as good as they get. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's how the two of them banter. Sort of a fond mocking about it.

Danny: Sorry, you can't hear me through all that hair?
    Jessie: Can't see through your ego, bruv

Jessie: Never trust people that wear denim over denim
    Danny: I say never trust a girl that wears so much bling then sings it's not about the 'Pricetag'
    Forum Member
    Diorelli wrote: »
    That's how the two of them banter. Sort of a fond mocking about it.

Danny: Sorry, you can't hear me through all that hair?
    Jessie: Can't see through your ego, bruv

Jessie: Never trust people that wear denim over denim
    Danny: I say never trust a girl that wears so much bling then sings it's not about the 'Pricetag'

I agree - I don't think either of them mean it personally at all. I believe this was recorded at the beginning of the year, and when Danny was interviewed attending the Brits, he said he was there to support his friends Adele and Jessie J. So I doubt there are any hard feelings between them as a result of said banter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is marmite for sure, hlaf of us like her and another half can't stand her.

Fair enough some people find her annoying but I poe a question to anyone who has said something along the lines of her being a BITCH... why? what has she done that makes you think she is that?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    fefster wrote: »
    No, it was a pointed comment in the guise of humorous banter thereby making it impossible to respond to in any way but appearing unaffected by it.

You should probably step away from the computer. :rolleyes:
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree - I don't think either of them mean it personally at all. I believe this was recorded at the beginning of the year, and when Danny was interviewed attending the Brits, he said he was there to support his friends Adele and Jessie J. So I doubt there are any hard feelings between them as a result of said banter.

I agree. Actually I think the coaches gel very well together.
  • Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They would call it banter where i come from, and fairly harmless banter at that.

Jessie doesn`t look the sort of girl to get upset by light hearted comments.

She`s made of stronger stuff that girl.
    Forum Member
    I agree. Actually I think the coaches gel very well together.
    Dub2 wrote: »
    They would call it banter where i come from, and fairly harmless banter at that.

Jessie doesn`t look the sort of girl to get upset by light hearted comments.

She`s made of stronger stuff that girl.

I agree. Even when Jessie and will were whispering away together during a mischievous moment, Danny was saying "They're ganging up on me here!" and it was clear it was a good-natured comment, after which he was laughing.

They all give as good as they get.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    She is marmite for sure, hlaf of us like her and another half can't stand her.

Fair enough some people find her annoying but I poe a question to anyone who has said something along the lines of her being a BITCH... why? what has she done that makes you think she is that?

She's a smart, confident woman, who knows what she wants in life and isn't afraid to get it. SO to some that = bitch. NO idea how, but you know some people are like that.
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Jade" wrote: »
    I don't mind Tom - I like him more than I expected, actually, thought he'd be full of self-importance. My biggest complaint about him is he doesn't seem to be attempting to diversify his team; goes for the same type of singer every time.
    I agree, but to be fair to him, everytime someone started singing with an apparently "old" or "classic" voice, all the other judges look at Tom and tell him to press his button, so I think he was painted into a corner to an extent...

I actually like the banter between the judges, especially when they're still listening, and encouraging each other to turn around, they do seem really enthusiastic... and I've really warmed to Will.I.Am and Jessie J., both of whom I thought I'd hate when they were first announced...
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I like Jessie J on the show. I do get a bit irritated when she immerses herself in the audition perfomances and mimes along with her eyes closed. It just looks a bit daft if you ask me. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally Posted by -Jade"

I don't mind Tom - I like him more than I expected, actually, thought he'd be full of self-importance. My biggest complaint about him is he doesn't seem to be attempting to diversify his team; goes for the same type of singer every time.

I agree, but to be fair to him, everytime someone started singing with an apparently "old" or "classic" voice, all the other judges look at Tom and tell him to press his button, so I think he was painted into a corner to an extent....

I think that's why he was chosen as a judge (coach, mentor whatever ... I prefer to say judge) so that more 'classic', older singers would be chosen.

Jessie J and Will I Am are hardly gonna pick a 'Barbara Bryceland' (or Stiesland or whatever her name is) or the big lad with the big glasses. But older viewers might want to see them rather than line after line after line of R&B singers that Will or Jessie might have chosen.
  • SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    She's a smart, confident woman, who knows what she wants in life and isn't afraid to get it. SO to some that = bitch. NO idea how, but you know some people are like that.

Brilliant post. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    I think that's why he was chosen as a judge (coach, mentor whatever ... I prefer to say judge) so that more 'classic', older singers would be chosen.

Jessie J and Will I Am are hardly gonna pick a 'Barbara Bryceland' (or Stiesland or whatever her name is) or the big lad with the big glasses. But older viewers might want to see them rather than line after line after line of R&B singers that Will or Jessie might have chosen.

And Danny is just a leg end who picked the likes of Alexs whateverhislastname! :D
    Forum Member
    And Danny is just a leg end who picked the likes of Alexs whateverhislastname! :D

Will also buzzed for Aleks too - is he a leg end as well? It was Aleks who picked Danny over will.

I know Danny referred to himself as a 'leg end' on the show, which I thought was quite sweet, showing his respect for Tom Jones.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will also buzzed for Aleks too - is he a leg end as well? It was Aleks who picked Danny over will.

I know Danny referred to himself as a 'leg end' on the show, which I thought was quite sweet, showing his respect for Tom Jones.

I just mention Danny as a leg end in an endearing way. I like him. Never seen him before (heard of The Script and their songs of course), but his game plan was not to be the only one who buzz unless he's absolutely sure he wanted the guy (like David Faulkner and his last choice, which I thought was amusing to watch).
    Forum Member
    I just mention Danny as a leg end in an endearing way. I like him. Never seen him before (heard of The Script and their songs of course), but his game plan was not to be the only one who buzz unless he's absolutely sure he wanted the guy (like David Faulkner and his last choice, which I thought was amusing to watch).

Fair enough. :) I share your opinion of Danny.