Options

Harper Green PE teacher goes into meltdown (Youtube audio recording)

Comments

• Options
    LastlaughLastlaugh Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lil_M wrote: »
    In the public domain-you felt the need to advertise this on ds and attract more attention. Wow. I don't know how to respond to a narcissist. Can you not own up you done something cruel here and apologise?

Do you think, may I suggest....

You are taking this a little bit too seriously?

The OP has posted something for discussion on a discussion website.

Not punched a kitten or stomped on a toad.
  • Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I fail to see anything wrong, if the kids had been misbehaving they got a telling off, they were then told to be silent and weren't.

There's nothing sensationalist here, no swearing, no physical violence, just a bit of basic discipline which lacks in some homes today.
  • Options
    Lil_MLil_M Posts: 2,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lastlaugh wrote: »
    Do you think, may I suggest....

You are taking this a little bit too seriously?

The OP has posted something for discussion on a discussion website.

Not punched a kitten or stomped on a toad.

Ask yourself how you would feel if you were that teacher and came across this thread
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    In the public domain-you felt the need to advertise this on ds and attract more attention. Wow. I don't know how to respond to a narcissist. Can you not own up you done something cruel here and apologise?

Jesus wept...

I haven't done anything lol!

It's a discussion forum, here's something to discuss, or not. Take your pick.
  • Options
    Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    kippeh wrote: »
    I haven't posted it you idiot, only linked to it!

Oh my what a charmer you are!!!

I envy you your ability to have a reasoned, intelligent debate. Your debating skills are quite obviously far superior to mine. If you are in doubt (or unable to construct a clever answer) you result to insults. Well done you!
  • Options
    Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ask yourself how you would feel if you were that teacher and came across this thread
    "god I sound like a jumped up prick who can't handle some kids without losing the plot in ridiculous fashion; maybe I'm not cut out for this job" something like that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kippeh wrote: »
    Jesus wept...

I haven't done anything lol!

It's a discussion forum, here's something to discuss, or not. Take your pick.

The worst thing about this let alone the youtube for a second even advertising the place of work. So nasty. So cruel. I really don't know how you function and I do not want to know.
  • Options
    JaggySplintersJaggySplinters Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    Kippeh is just as worse as the uploader regardless of how huge the audience is.

Did you say you were a teacher? English as a foreign language?

As for the ranty teacher - he would've been one of the quieter ones in some schools I've been in. It can't be easy being the 'pretend' teacher. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "god I sound like a jumped up prick who can't handle some kids without losing the plot in ridiculous fashion; maybe I'm not cut out for this job" something like that?

Or he was pushed to the limits and is now being judged by people who aren't teachers acting all mean girls.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you say you were a teacher? English as a foreign language?

As for the ranty teacher - he would've been one of the quieter ones in some schools I've been in. It can't be easy being the 'pretend' teacher. ;-)

What has that got to do with anything? Nope not a teacher for your information.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Not sure what to make of this. I know kids need discipline but screaming at them like this isn't the way to do it. What he was doing was basically bullying the students. In my school there was one student who caused a lot of trouble in class and teachers used to shout at her but she was in the minority in my school. Most of the students (including me) were well-behaved.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The poster of the Youtube video comes across as a trouble maker, they have gone, to the school, gone to the education authority and have now taken to posting secret recordings on Youtube and posting links all over popular forums.

It isn't anything other than a teacher having a bad day and shouting at naughty students. The OP is now going to potentially ruin the man's career and try to publicly embarrass him in front of the school, peers, friends and relatives. We don't know the context of the recording and who are we to judge, no wonder it has so many dislikes on Youtube.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    The poster of the Youtube video comes across as a trouble maker, they have gone, to the school, gone to the education authority and have now taken to posting secret recordings on Youtube and posting links all over popular forums.

It isn't anything other than a teacher having a bad day and shouting at naughty students. The OP is now going to potentially ruin the man's career and try to publicly embarrass him in front of the school, peers, friends and relatives. We don't know the context of the recording and who are we to judge.

Dreadful behaviour by the OP and no wonder it has so many dislikes on Youtube.

Thank you. This. I agree with you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It isn't anything other than a teacher having a bad day and shouting at naughty students. The OP is now going to potentially ruin the man's career and try to publicly embarrass him in front of the school, peers, friends and relatives. We don't know the context of the recording and who are we to judge, no wonder it has so many dislikes on Youtube.
    But it isn't just about this one instance, if we are to believe the person who uploaded the clip, it is an ongoing issue throughout the school. If nothing's being done about it, what should their course of action have been? You can bet the issue will be looked at one way or another now.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Kippeh is just as worse as the uploader regardless of how huge the audience is.

Nah and TBH you are just baiting him/her - your second post (14) says it all.

Btw have you left a comment criticising the uploader at youtube?

(that goes to any having a go at the OP)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But it isn't just about this one instance, if we are to believe the person who uploaded the clip, it is an ongoing issue throughout the school. If nothing's being done about it, what should their course of action have been? You can bet the issue will be looked at one way or another now.

If they had any worse recordings they would no doubt have posted them. He has raised his voice and told the kids off for running into the school and screaming and shouting when others lessons are still going on. He went a bit over the top that's all, nothing a talk with the head wouldn't have sorted out, however the poster has taken to posting it all on the internet which is shameful.

Part of the problem these days is that kids don't have any discipline or respect for the other kids classrooms who were studying. Sometimes a stern talking to can be a good thing. I really don't see the need to post it up on forums, Youtube and to up a stink here there and everywhere, especially if the poster can't even spell properly or write the Youtube graphics correctly.
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure what to make of this. I know kids need discipline but screaming at them like this isn't the way to do it. What he was doing was basically bullying the students.

Doesn't sound particularly bullying to me. He wasn't picking on them for silly reasons - they obviously have a rule which the pupils chose to ignore. I suspect that rule is there to stop things being stolen from the changing room and (from the sounds of it) to stop them disturbing lessons as they pile back through the school corridors.

I don't think he sounded like he particularly lost it. He sounded angry but for a clear reason. You do tend to find that PE teachers have a far 'shoutier' style than many others because they spend so much time outside on fields having to shout to be heard. I personally don't think shouting is necessary and I don't think it gets you particularly far with a class. Nor do I think that every person who shouts should be sacked or leave the job.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah and TBH you are just baiting him/her - your second post (14) says it all.

Btw have you left a comment criticising the uploader at youtube?

I am not baiting anyone. My second post highlights that this seems to be a regular occurring pattern with the op.

I have not signed up with youtube therefore no.
  • Options
    AllyourKittyAllyourKitty Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No wonder we are bringing up a generation of feckless young people.
  • Options
    ilarilar Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    That was just another day in my school, children behave badly, much more now than when I was in school and what can be done about it? - very little. The children were told and didn't listen so the teacher shouts, boo hoo the little darlings are damaged for life, real life is far worse, get over it, perhaps more of the 'old school' attitude and we'd have better educated and all round citizens coming out of schools instead of the many precious self engrossed little princes and princesess who are so aware of their rights but have no clues about their obligations.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they had any worse recordings they would no doubt have posted them.
    That doesn't rule out there being a bigger problem though, just because no more recordings have been offered.
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I asked before, but what is this teacher supposed to have done wrong?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think shouting is a very effective way of instilling discipline, as evidenced by the amount of casual talking going on after the children had been warned not to talk (*sniggers can be heard from the back of the DS classroom*), but it is sometimes necessary to gain control.

Or do some members honestly believe teacher's can't raise their voice now?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That doesn't rule out there being a bigger problem though, just because no more recordings have been offered.

It also doesn't mean there are.

It seems all that we have to go on is the word of somebody that posts this kind of stuff on Youtube with basic spelling errors on the main video titles. That is hardly somebody that should be telling the school and the education authority how to do their jobs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I asked before, but what is this teacher supposed to have done wrong?
    His ridiculous over dramatic screaming and the shitheel tactic of singling out one pupil to be his grass or face the consequences.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    I am not baiting anyone. My second post highlights that this seems to be a regular occurring pattern with the op.

To quote you:

" I noticed kippeh does this a lot. She revels in other people's misfortunes and humiliation"

I've checked his/her thread history and there's no evidence to back that claim of yours so baiting it is IMO.

I have not signed up with youtube therefore no.

Well if that was me and was as outraged as you're trying to put across here I'd sign up immediately to have a go at the uploader.