Options

Mini Skirt or long dress?

Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
Forum Member
✭✭
Out shopping yesterday i saw a woman (early 30s) in a long ankle length dress and thought how classy she looked which made me wonder what kind of skirts/dresses women prefer to wear during the current warm weather period?

Mini skirt/dress.....or a long dress?

Comments

• Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mini skirt
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maxi dress every time.

And you can go commando when the weathers really hot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    Maxi dress every time.

I think she was.
    Definitely no VPL anyway.....i had a good look! :cool:
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    Maxi dresses can be very nice. I like wearing them when I'm on holiday.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    Out shopping yesterday i saw a woman (early 30s) in a long ankle length dress and thought how classy she looked which made me wonder what kind of skirts/dresses women prefer to wear during the current warm weather period?

Mini skirt/dress.....or a long dress?

You wont see many, if any Pakistani women around here wearing a short skirt. Essentially, it down to individual decision.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    ankle length.
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    neither - I wear dresses with leggings
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maxi dress. I gave up miniskirts when my thighs became thicker than the trunk of a smallish elephant.
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maxi dress. I gave up miniskirts when my thighs became thicker than the trunk of a smallish elephant.

How strange, a female donkey wiv a trunk ?:o:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    You wont see many, if any Pakistani women around here wearing a short skirt. Essentially, it down to individual decision.
    Maybe i should have clarified traditional western dress.....which of course many Indian and Pakistan women wear as well. At least where i live they do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This woman had a figure many teenage girls would like. She wasn't skinny or overweight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find like a floaty knee length dress the most comfortable option in extreme heat with sandals and a wide-brimmed sun hat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    Maybe i should have clarified traditional western dress.....which of course many Indian and Pakistan women wear as well. At least where i live they do.

Either way, Pakistani women around here don't wear short skirts and tend to dress very modestly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    Either way, Pakistani women around here don't wear short skirts and tend to dress very modestly.

Oh yes, definitely. Shalwar Kameez's are brilliant in summer - I have one myself - but I always think they look pretty cold in winter. Women seem to wear exactly the same outfit but with a cardigan on top. Maybe it's time for Cotton Traders to do a nice sturdy version in fleece.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever deters pervs.
  • Options
    JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not keen on maxi dresses as I have yet to see one in a print that I like so I'd go for mini skirt but I can't wear them at the moment as I suffer from chub rub but am hoping to get my weight down again so I can wear them next summer.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    Maxi dress every time.

This :blush:

Never been one for mini skirts even in my younger days. I don't tend to wear anything above the knee but I do wear midi length bodycon or pencil dresses a fair bit as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer long dresses, but sometimes have trouble finding them as long as they should be cos I'm too lanky.
    I tend to wear shorter skirts in colder weather with opaque or wooly tights.
  • Options
    The FBIThe FBI Posts: 2,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My wife prefers long dresses or shorts. Sitting down in a mini skirt is too much hassle apparently
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julzei wrote: »
    I'm not keen on maxi dresses as I have yet to see one in a print that I like so I'd go for mini skirt but I can't wear them at the moment as I suffer from chub rub but am hoping to get my weight down again so I can wear them next summer.

I think what you call "chub rub" is misnamed as slim people get it too (and men as well as women). People who are on their feet all day like waiters definitely get it, regardless of their size. If you wear low heels (like 1-2 inch wedges) it can change the angle and reduce the chafing compared to wearing totally flat shoes like flipflops or ballerinas. Also some people use talc to try to reduce the rubbing, I think you have to wash/wet wipe it off every few hours and apply more.
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Long floaty dresses can look very feminine and classy IMO.
    I wear dresses that are just above the knee as a rule but will wear the longer floaty style one when on holiday.
  • Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just thinking that shorts on a woman look far more attractive than skirts of any length. Strangely even with black leggings.

Each to their own taste but I don't find the idea of women going commando or even thongs very attractive. Sounds quite unhygienic to me. White cotton are best - nothing floral or any other colour - though I can imagine that black has advantages at certain times of the month.

Though in summer pretty much any woman looks attractive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pugamo wrote: »
    Whatever deters pervs.

Looking at a skimpily dressed woman within reason is not perving. It was only a matter of time before that word was trotted out. Besides, there are a fair few crotch watchers when it comes to women looking at men wearing tight clothing, so it's not a one way street. People have eyes and they will use them, so to avoid your pervs, do what you need to do.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skirts above the knee are fine but make sure you don't wear anything with excess cleavage., otherwise you just look trashy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yes, definitely. Shalwar Kameez's are brilliant in summer - I have one myself....
    Just had to Google image that to see what that is! (bib)
    Must admit i quite like those but like the elaborate Sari's they wear (only ever seen them at an Indian wedding i once got invited to).

Some friends of mine (husband and wife) lived and worked in Saudi some years ago and she always wore long dresses. Not because of religion/code or whatever, but as protection from the sun. Her husband wore a wide brimmed hat and never walked around outside in shorts either.