Most Missed Axed TV Show

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
Forum Member
Inspired by the news reported today by DS about The Most Missed Axed TV Shows, I thought Id start a thread to see which cancelled shows DS Users miss the most.

The original poll was conducted by Zap2it and high on the list, far from the rest was FlashForward with a staggering 46.3%. Second on the list was Ghost Whisperer with 17.1%. Others appearing on the list were Better off Ted, Law and Order and Cold Case.

Personally, I watched the entire run of FlashForward in the hope that it would improve. Whilst it did improve, it was still far from being a quality show, and personally I am glad to see the back of it. I thought it was a brilliant premise badly executed. Ghost Whisperer is a show I won't personally miss. For me it was one of those shows that I casually watched whenever there was nothing else on. Fun and entertaining but not the sort of show I would watch religiously.

Better off Ted is a show which I greatly enjoyed, but its too soon to miss already, what with a coupe of episodes still pending broadcast.

An interesting note is that Heroes got no mention from Zap2it readers who took part in the poll!

My list of Most Missed Cancelled shows includes:
Earth 2 - brilliant with lot of potential and not allowed to develop properly

Jericho - another brilliant show with a lot of potential

Star Trek Enterprise - I know not a fave amongst hardcore Trekkies (or is it Trekkers), but I really enjoyed it and think that Scott Bakula was excellent in the Captain's Chair.

Legend of the Seeker - recently cancelled but already missed. The show became my weekly fix for escapism and easy fun watching. Shame there will be no third series

Survivors Remake - The BBC remake started off being quite poor but showed signs of improvement in the latter half of the second series. With an intriguing cliffhanger ending the run, it is a shame the series will not be returning just when it was showing potential.

ITVs The Fixer. trust ITV to produce a good crime drama and then go and axe it! I know the ratings were possibly not that good, but I really liked the series.

Arrested Development - Possibly one of the best comedy shows ever!

Sunset Beach - Dunno if I would be watching this if it was still running, but when it was cancelled I was really gutted. I was a student at the time, and this was one of the funnest shows on telly at the time. Loads of us would skip lectures in the morning just to stay in and watch the extremely slow paced surreal storylines play out. And then there was the marathon Saturday omnibus! Crazy, surreal and definitely loads of fun. The titanic rip-off storyline, the cursed stolen jewels of rosario and all those crazy weird characters!

So which are your most missed cancelled shows???

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    For me, there is only one show I miss more than any of the others.
    Farscape
  • stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    Twin Peaks - I want to see a conclusion to "How's Annie? How's Annie?".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GvsE - showed on Sky1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Firefly. Also, Drive had a lot of potential for awesomeness that was never realised because of how few episodes aired before it was canned. Seriously, 4 eps before it was axed? :( Clearly Nathon Fillion is some sort of jinx when it comes to awesome shows being killed before their time. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stripedcat wrote: »
    Twin Peaks - I want to see a conclusion to "How's Annie? How's Annie?".

Seconded. I'd even be happy with a miniseries just to tie up the loose ends..
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    Eastwick

It really had great potential
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crossroads
  • InigoMontoyaInigoMontoya Posts: 1,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Veronica Mars - Well-cast, well-written and witty, it was a show that pretty much charmed anyone who watched it, once you could get them to watch. The premise was hard to describe without making it seem like cheesy teen drama and it landed on a network that insisted on marketing it as if it were.

Firefly - Well-cast, well-written and witty, it was a show that pretty much charmed anyone who watched it, once you could get them to watch. The premise was hard to describe without making it seem like cowboys in space and it landed on an impatient network that mucked about with it from the start.

I'm sensing a theme and a correlation between a)what I most like and b)what's least likely to survive to a ripe old age.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Veronica Mars - Well-cast, well-written and witty, it was a show that pretty much charmed anyone who watched it, once you could get them to watch. The premise was hard to describe without making it seem like cheesy teen drama and it landed on a network that insisted on marketing it as if it were.

I didn't know Veronica Mars was axed. I caught a few eps though didn't watch it religiously, but I really enjoyed what I saw.

PS. Awesome name. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Obviously, the ones from the poll were all axed this year. I miss Scrubs that once was, but it really should be finally put to sleep now anyway, none of the other shows I'll miss.

Of cancelled shows in general? There's only 2 I really miss, and they are exactly the same as InigoMontoya above, Veronica Mars and Firefly. Big love to both of them.

Only one other one comes to mind and I don't know how many watched/will remember it: 2 guys and a girl (formerly 2 guys a girl and a pizza place) which I loved and thought was getting some really interesting storylines just before it was axed, which was a shame.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL... well maybe if FlashForward got that support while it was airing...
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spaintv wrote: »
    Inspired by the news reported today by DS about The Most Missed Axed TV Shows, I thought Id start a thread to see which cancelled shows DS Users miss the most.

The original poll was conducted by Zap2it and high on the list, far from the rest was FlashForward with a staggering 46.3%. Second on the list was Ghost Whisperer with 17.1%. Others appearing on the list were Better off Ted, Law and Order and Cold Case.

Personally, I watched the entire run of FlashForward in the hope that it would improve. Whilst it did improve, it was still far from being a quality show, and personally I am glad to see the back of it. I thought it was a brilliant premise badly executed. Ghost Whisperer is a show I won't personally miss. For me it was one of those shows that I casually watched whenever there was nothing else on. Fun and entertaining but not the sort of show I would watch religiously.

Better off Ted is a show which I greatly enjoyed, but its too soon to miss already, what with a coupe of episodes still pending broadcast.

An interesting note is that Heroes got no mention from Zap2it readers who took part in the poll!

My list of Most Missed Cancelled shows includes:
    Earth 2 - brilliant with lot of potential and not allowed to develop properly

Jericho - another brilliant show with a lot of potential

Star Trek Enterprise - I know not a fave amongst hardcore Trekkies (or is it Trekkers), but I really enjoyed it and think that Scott Bakula was excellent in the Captain's Chair.

Legend of the Seeker - recently cancelled but already missed. The show became my weekly fix for escapism and easy fun watching. Shame there will be no third series

Survivors Remake - The BBC remake started off being quite poor but showed signs of improvement in the latter half of the second series. With an intriguing cliffhanger ending the run, it is a shame the series will not be returning just when it was showing potential.

ITVs The Fixer. trust ITV to produce a good crime drama and then go and axe it! I know the ratings were possibly not that good, but I really liked the series.

Arrested Development - Possibly one of the best comedy shows ever!

Sunset Beach - Dunno if I would be watching this if it was still running, but when it was cancelled I was really gutted. I was a student at the time, and this was one of the funnest shows on telly at the time. Loads of us would skip lectures in the morning just to stay in and watch the extremely slow paced surreal storylines play out. And then there was the marathon Saturday omnibus! Crazy, surreal and definitely loads of fun. The titanic rip-off storyline, the cursed stolen jewels of rosario and all those crazy weird characters!

So which are your most missed cancelled shows???

Great Thread I miss all these.
    And I know Lost was not axed but I miss this all ready.

Others

Jericho

And

Journey Man
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I loved Firefly.

Also, Samatha Who was brilliantly hilarious. Cougar Town has filled its void but it was still brilliant.
  • simonipswichsimonipswich Posts: 1,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eldorado!
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    Jericho - such a good show with great writing, Im still a bit bitter about its cancellation.

Dark Angel - should have had another season with tying up of storylines properly.

The 4400 - as above, it was tied up to a point but not satisfactorily, it had alot more potential for at least 1 to 2 seasons.

Flash Forward - got really good in the second half of the season, deserved a second season.
  • LondonKiwiLondonKiwi Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would of liked to have seen how The Sarah Conor Chronicles was going to continue. The Season 2 ending was a great cliffhanger.
  • tvmad-alantvmad-alan Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would add

Last of the Summer wine.
    Not going Out.
    Primeval
    Touchwood

I would like quick return of these.
    Warehouse 13
    NCIS
    NCIS LA
    Mentalist
    Castle
    QI
    Dr who
    V
    CSI
    CSI New York
    CSI Miami
    Hard Target
    Bones
    Time Team
    Oil Rigger's
    Bear Grylls
    Ice road tuckers
    Mythbusters
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Firefly - Well-cast, well-written and witty, it was a show that pretty much charmed anyone who watched it, once you could get them to watch. The premise was hard to describe without making it seem like cowboys in space and it landed on an impatient network that mucked about with it from the start.

I'm sensing a theme and a correlation between a)what I most like and b)what's least likely to survive to a ripe old age.

I completely agree on this one, a show that has continued to thrive beyond its meagre 12/13 episodes and spawned a film. I would lvoe to see this show brought back and scheduled properly.
  • moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    'Survivors Remake - The BBC remake started off being quite poor but showed signs of improvement in the latter half of the second series. With an intriguing cliffhanger ending the run, it is a shame the series will not be returning just when it was showing potential.'

Agree with this-they only had to tighten it up a bit,maybe a later time slot so they could make it more realistic- shame:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tvmad-alan wrote: »
    I would add

Last of the Summer wine.
    Not going Out.
    Primeval
    Touchwood
    Warehouse 13
    NCIS
    NCIS LA
    Mentalist
    Castle
    QI
    Dr who
    V
    CSI
    CSI New York
    CSI Miami
    Hard Target
    Bones
    Time Team
    Oil Rigger's
    Bear Grylls
    Ice road tuckers
    Mythbusters

Some of these shows are still going :confused:

Not Going Out and Primeval, for example, were axed...but were both later reprieved.
  • ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prisoner: Cell Block H

I'v got the whole series on DVD so I'm not too fussed about repeats. I'd like a new series and similar series to be on now though.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    butlerx12 wrote: »
    For me, there is only one show I miss more than any of the others.
    Farscape

I would have to agree
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dollhouse .

it was getting much better as it went on . it looked like they had to struggle with small budgets tho .
  • You_Tell_MeYou_Tell_Me Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Bad Girls and Footballers Wives.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    tvmad-alan wrote: »
    I would add

Last of the Summer wine.
    Not going Out.
    Primeval
    Touchwood

I would like quick return of these.
    Warehouse 13
    NCIS
    NCIS LA
    Mentalist
    Castle
    QI
    Dr who
    V
    CSI
    CSI New York
    CSI Miami
    Hard Target
    Bones
    Time Team
    Oil Rigger's
    Bear Grylls
    Ice road tuckers
    Mythbusters

All the shows you list are still going. Warehouse 13 actually starts its season 2 run this coming Saturday if you watch at US pace. Primeval was axed but its been known for many months now that its been ressurected for TWO further series. And Torchwood is returning next year.

The rest in your list are all on their Summer break and due to return in early autumn, except Doctor Who which only finished six days ago and will return uin Spring 2011.