• thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like Jean and never have.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like Jean and never have.

As a Pat fan, would you approve of Pat slapping her for pressurising Janine?
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    As a Pat fan, would you approve of Pat slapping her for pressurising Janine?

After what she says to Janine at the wedding, Yes without question. I don't like violence but at the same time context is everything and sometimes someone can be provoked, at least I think so. Jean's parenting skills does not give her a leg to stand on and judge anyone.
  • madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I'm completely the opposite. I feel so much sympathy for Jean. It's so frustrating to watch her so helpless as she can't prove what Michael's done. I was really rooting for her tonight, but felt so sorry for her when everything backfired :(

I felt exactly the same Davey.
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel sorry for Jean, the whole square knows she has mental issues with bipolar and stuff, so after hearing she had money Michael totally manipulated her by pretending to be her friend, knowing that if she said anything he could claim she is 'just loopy'. Michael is the truely sick one, I don't think he loves anyone or anything.
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    She wouldn't of stole the money if Michael didn't con her. Also, she believed she would be doing the Vic wonders by giving them more money than what they already have.

I'm rooting for Jean all the way!
  • Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel sorry for Jean, the whole square knows she has mental issues with bipolar and stuff, so after hearing she had money Michael totally manipulated her by pretending to be her friend, knowing that if she said anything he could claim she is 'just loopy'. Michael is the truely sick one, I don't think he loves anyone or anything.

He loved his mum Maggie.

But I do agree that he is the truly sick one here and needs serious help if he would only seek it.
  • VirginiaDemVirginiaDem Posts: 1,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    She has never admitting stealing the money. Her emphasis has been on Michael stealing the money

Actually, on occasion, she has said that she took it, but it's always followed by the conditional fact that she didn't mean to do it, and it's really Michael who's stolen her money. Not Kat's and Alfie's money but her money.

A bit like Ben telling Ian he'd killed Heather - oh, but he didn't mean to do it.

Just a bit, you know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, on occasion, she has said that she took it, but it's always followed by the conditional fact that she didn't mean to do it, and it's really Michael who's stolen her money. Not Kat's and Alfie's money but her money.

A bit like Ben telling Ian he'd killed Heather - oh, but he didn't mean to do it.

Just a bit, you know.

Which, of course, completely contradicts her own actions:

Jean: Michael, I want to invest ten grand
    Michael: are you sure, Jean?
    Jean: yes
    Michael: think about it...
    Jean: no, here - take the money! No, no, I insist!

Michael's nowhere near innocent, but even he was reluctant to take the money. He did, but Jean gave it to him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    I really hated the line "I've put pressure on Janine" - those were pretty much her exact words, she definitely said "...pressure on Janine". I wish Pat was around to slap her, just like when she slapped Stacey on Ryan & Janine's wedding day.

I miss Pat.

Yeah, and who else was putting pressure on Janine? Cora, for some, the natural successor to Pat.

Nice one. Not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, and who else was putting pressure on Janine? Cora, for some, the natural successor to Pat.

Nice one. Not.

Cora's nowhere near being Pat's successor.
  • funcat650funcat650 Posts: 1,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for Jean; it must be awful for nobody to believe you and think you've gone mad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    I do feel sorry for jean but do think she has been acting in a way which would make others not believe her.Also I remember when michael heard jean had savings,he knew from then what he was going to do all through people are saying he prayed on her stupidity your forgetting Michael showed her all the correct paperwork so could happen to anyone bio_polar or not.Also poor jean she must think she is going mad no one believing her and michael is twisted bringing up jean's family. michael is so cruel its not like he needed the money just wanted to pick on someone like jean.Gillian wright deserves a nomination she. Is abrilliant actress.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When has he genuinely expressed remorse? :confused:

Unfortunately, Michael's pretty face enables him to get away with murder where it concerns a certain section of viewers on DS :p:D:D. I bet you if Derek had a face like his, he'd be way more popular on DS :D. Certainly would have a larger proportion of likers than he currently does.

Concerning Michael, let's be honest, he barely has ever expressed remorse for the catalogue of evil acts he has perpetrated. Even when Eddie confronted Michael about setting up Tyler to get beaten to death and ordered him to get on his knees, Michael was more upset about being found out and being disowned by Eddie than what he did to his own baby brother. Vile man, but interesting character.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Unfortunately, Michael's pretty face enables him to get away with murder where it concerns a certain section of viewers on DS :p:D:D. I bet you if Derek had a face like his, he'd be way more popular on DS :D. Certainly would have a larger proportion of likers than he currently does.

Concerning Michael, let's be honest, he barely has ever expressed remorse for the catalogue of evil acts he has perpetrated. Even when Eddie confronted Michael about setting up Tyler to get beaten to death and ordered him to get on his knees, Michael was more upset about being found out and being disowned by Eddie than what he did to his own baby brother. Vile man, but interesting character.

To be fair when Michael and Eddie made up at the hospital before Eddie found ut Michael was responsible for what happened to Tyler, Michael's apology seemed genuine; "I'm sorry dad. The things I've done..."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chloe19xo wrote: »
    I do feel sorry for jean but do think she has been acting in a way which would make others not believe her.Also I remember when michael heard jean had savings,he knew from then what he was going to do all through people are saying he prayed on her stupidity your forgetting Michael showed her all the correct paperwork so could happen to anyone bio_polar or not.Also poor jean she must think she is going mad no one believing her and michael is twisted bringing up jean's family. michael is so cruel its not like he needed the money just wanted to pick on someone like jean.Gillian wright deserves a nomination she. Is abrilliant actress.

Michael told Jean that she was investing in a charitable venture. Anyone with common sense would suss that you don't make a profit from a charity ... That's why they're referred to as "non-profit" organisations.
  • AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    Michael told Jean that she was investing in a charitable venture. Anyone with common sense would suss that you don't make a profit from a charity ... That's why they're referred to as "non-profit" organisations.

And if you put alot of money especially money that is not yours you would keep copiesof everything you signed. No wonder Alfie thinks she needs to go to hospital. I would not let her babysit my goldfish. Bi-polar does not make you stupid and I do not reward stupidity. Nor arrogance and theft of someone elses money. Nor bullying a heavily pregnant woman which can cause them to have a premature labour and watching as they clutch their stomach. Putting a innocent babies life at risk, stupidity, arrogance and being a criminal makes her the unsympathetic victim in Michael's schemes.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair when Michael and Eddie made up at the hospital before Eddie found ut Michael was responsible for what happened to Tyler, Michael's apology seemed genuine; "I'm sorry dad. The things I've done..."

^this
    i really hated the scene when tyler spat on him
    but MM did say sorry for that/took.a beating for his goon brothers/when he first arrived paid alfie debts
    he does show remorse but its often.to late
    an he was really happy when he rebuilt the relationship with.his father.
  • valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    Is it confirmed that
    Janine pays the money back?

I read
    it in a soap mag that Janine pays it back.
  • valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    And if you put alot of money especially money that is not yours you would keep copiesof everything you signed. No wonder Alfie thinks she needs to go to hospital. I would not let her babysit my goldfish. Bi-polar does not make you stupid and I do not reward stupidity. Nor arrogance and theft of someone elses money. Nor bullying a heavily pregnant woman which can cause them to have a premature labour and watching as they clutch their stomach. Putting a innocent babies life at risk, stupidity, arrogance and being a criminal makes her the unsympathetic victim in Michael's schemes.

Did she sign any paperwork? I can't remember!
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    habanala wrote: »
    There is some absolute weirdos on here! A mentally ill woman does some desperate acts because she has been manipulated and robbed by some absolute scum bag and he is the one alot of people are feeling sorry for?! What the hell is wrong with you people!

But Michael seems to he mentally unstable too. So sympathy should be directed in both directions. If at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valtimmy wrote: »
    Did she sign any paperwork? I can't remember!

Yes, she did. I remember the scene where Michael was telling her where and what to sign.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valtimmy wrote: »
    I read
    it in a soap mag that Janine pays it back.

Good.I am glad. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But Michael seems to he mentally unstable too. So sympathy should be directed in both directions. If at all.

Obviously I have more sympathy with Jean because though she is fine at the moment beause she is taking her medication, she was a sufferer of bipolar and sheis the victim in this storyline. Michael has problems too as you pointed out and obviously I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I don't hate Michael but any sympathy I have for him is limited because he must know what he is doing is wrong even if the reasoning behind it is flawed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    ^this
    i really hated the scene when tyler spat on him
    but MM did say sorry for that/took.a beating for his goon brothers/when he first arrived paid alfie debts
    he does show remorse but its often.to late
    an he was really happy when he rebuilt the relationship with.his father.

I know - that was horrible of Tyler but then Anthony was always closer to Michael.

While I don't blame Eddie fior being angry when he found out from Vanessa what Michael had done, syrely if he thought about it he would have realised that;

1. Michael did that when he was deluded/messed up and Eddie has since introduced him to Craig and put him straight about his mother.
    2. He finally expressed remorse at the hospital when he apologised for the things he had done and had been working hard to atone since.

Still I guess the dsowning etc makes much better drama for a soap.